Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I have tried to install the Add Date MM/DD Period as Delimiter patch a few times, but when it installs, the date still shows as "MM/DD" instead of "MM.DD".

Has anyone been able to get this patch to work successfully?
    Follow me on Twitter: @jjshore
    Same problem. Still displays as MM/DD
    There is no spoon
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Are the developers of this patch out there? Any plans for a fix - or can it even be fixed?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi JayKC,

you interpreted the title wrong. The patch will NOT change you delimiter it only supports the period as delimiter.
    The original only checked for a"/" to remove the year value. But we in Germany use a period. As a result the orinal patch was not working.
    So I made this changed version that checks for "." and "/" when it removed the year from the date string.
    The day and month formatting is not changed. It is displayed as the Pre formats it for the selected country.

HaPe
    p.s. I'm the developer of that pach.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi JayKC,

you interpreted the title wrong. The patch will NOT change you delimiter it only supports the period as delimiter.
    The original only checked for a"/" to remove the year value. But we in Germany use a period. As a result the orinal patch was not working.
    So I made this changed version that checks for "." and "/" when it removed the year from the date string.
    The day and month formatting is not changed. It is displayed as the Pre formats it for the selected country.

HaPe
    p.s. I'm the developer of that pach.
    Thanks for the clarification. Maybe somebody could create a patch like this for U.S. users?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    HaPe,
    I too misinterpreted this patch. You might want to update the description of the patch to mention that is does not use the "MM.DD" format. I am a US user and wanted "MM.DD" as the format and thought this patch would do that. I understand now what it does.

-Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Maybe somebody could create a patch like this for U.S. users?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    HaPe,
    I too misinterpreted this patch. You might want to update the description of the patch to mention that is does not use the "MM.DD" format. I am a US user and wanted "MM.DD" as the format and thought this patch would do that. I understand now what it does.

-Kevin
    Admittedly, I was confused by the name also.

Just in case anyone would like this, here's a modification of the original MM/DD patch which switches the "/" with ".".

Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Admittedly, I was confused by the name also.

Just in case anyone would like this, here's a modification of the original MM/DD patch which switches the "/" with ".".

Do I install this using webOSQI?
    There is no spoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
    Do I install this using webOSQI?
    Yes