1.    #1  
    I love the patch that adds the date in MM/DD format to the top bar. The only problem is that I am also using other patches that add icons to the top bar on the right side. Currently, I have an icon that displays if the slider switch is set to mute and also the battery as percentage patch.

I would love if the date and time could be adjusted slightly to the left to allow for more room for icons. In my estimation, it wouldn't conflict with the top left corner at all, as there is always enough room on that side. Does anyone else think this would be useful?
    Here's what I use as part of my own personal top bar mods...I made this patch fresh for you, so I hope it doesn't conflict with any existing top bar mods you have installed.

It can easily be adjust by changing the "px" value.

A negative value moves the date/time to the left, and a positive value moves it to the right.

I hope this helps.

Patch must be uninstalled if you would like the change the value and you already have it installed.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 02/23/2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: new file and more details
    Hey, thanks, thats what I was think also!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post

It can easily be adjust by changing the "px" value.

Hi there,

I know you made this special for Gilligan but I wanted it as well.

I installed it and with the default number of 6 in the px like you have it, nothing different happened.

I raised it to 8 and still nothing.

I tried 12 and then got an error.

I went back to 8 and still got an error.

So I guess my question is:

Is the number a range maybe like 0-9 or perhaps it doesn't except double digits like '12' or '22'.

Is going higher make it move more to the left, or do we need to lower the number?

Thanks!

Rob

PS I'm using the patch that puts the date next to the time. I had assumed your patch does not replace that patch, just adjusts it? So I should leave the date patch if I want to the date to show. You patch does not add a date, just moves everything?

UPDATE: I found out why I was getting the error. Looks like you have to remove the patch before applying it again with a new value in the px field. Since I was just testing out what value to put there, I thought I could just apply the patch over again. But as I said, looks like I have to remove it before each try. And I discovered that the lower the number the more to the left everything moves.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 02/23/2010 at 06:20 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Mmmm.. I can't seem to get this to move to the left very much. So either I'm not putting the correct values in this or it can't go that much to the left.

OK, if there are any suggestions, I would welcome that.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

There's a patch that replaces the carrier string with the date.
    I find that one very useful.
    Yes that is for the date only.

But the time still needs to move more to the left because of several other patches that we have installed, things get covered up by the time.

So the whole thing needs to move over.

Update, it looks like nothing I did made any visual difference. I thought it was moving but it wasn't. I tried all values, but with out having some of my previous questions answered, I won't know what is wrong.

I need to understand what are the correct value to enter to get results... like my question... is going higher moving more to the left or is it going lower.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi there,

I know you made this special for Gilligan but I wanted it as well.

I installed it and with the default number of 6 in the px like you have it, nothing different happened.

I raised it to 8 and still nothing.

I tried 12 and then got an error.

I went back to 8 and still got an error.

So I guess my question is:

Is the number a range maybe like 0-9 or perhaps it doesn't except double digits like '12' or '22'.

Is going higher make it move more to the left, or do we need to lower the number?

Thanks!

Rob
    I should apologize for not being more clear...

A negative value moves the date/time to the left, and a positive value moves it to the right.

I updated the patch file above since it was supposed to move it to the left, but I had not made the value negative.

Also, I've installed the patch with double digit number without any issues.

PS I'm using the patch that puts the date next to the time. I had assumed your patch does not replace that patch, just adjusts it? So I should leave the date patch if I want to the date to show. You patch does not add a date, just moves everything?
    Yes...The patch doesn't remove anything...It simply moves whatever you have in the middle of the top bar.

UPDATE: I found out why I was getting the error. Looks like you have to remove the patch before applying it again with a new value in the px field. Since I was just testing out what value to put there, I thought I could just apply the patch over again. But as I said, looks like I have to remove it before each try. And I discovered that the lower the number the more to the left everything moves.

Thanks!
    I sort of took for granted patch removal would be necessary if you installed the patch but wanted to change the value again.

Yes that is for the date only.

But the time still needs to move more to the left because of several other patches that we have installed, things get covered up by the time.

So the whole thing needs to move over.

Update, it looks like nothing I did made any visual difference. I thought it was moving but it wasn't. I tried all values, but with out having some of my previous questions answered, I won't know what is wrong.

I need to understand what are the correct value to enter to get results... like my question... is going higher moving more to the left or is it going lower.

Thanks!

Rob
    The changes can be subtle...If you move the date/time too far, it could get covered up by the app title wrapper.

My reasoning for figuring this out was so I could make the date/time larger...I also mod the app title wrapper to make the the text & container smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I should apologize for not being more clear...

I updated the patch file above since it was supposed to move it to the left, but I had not made the value negative.

Also, I've installed the patch with double digit number without any issues.

Yes...The patch doesn't remove anything...It simply moves whatever you have in the middle of the top bar.

I sort of took for granted patch removal would be necessary if you installed the patch but wanted to change the value again.

Hey thanks so much for getting an answer to me so quickly.

So I guess I was not in the end doing anything wrong. Good!

That means after I download the latest version, it should work.

Its getting late but I will at least let you know how successful I am.

Again, thank you!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Hey thanks so much for getting an answer to me so quickly.

So I guess I was not in the end doing anything wrong. Good!

That means after I download the latest version, it should work.

Its getting late but I will at least let you know how successful I am.

Again, thank you!

Rob
    Sort of...Just make sure you uninstall the old patches before you apply new versions...

Also, I had to tweak mine until it was situated where I wanted it.

OK, I got it perfect for me.

I set it for -16px.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3