1.    #1  
    On my husband's iPhone, when his alarm goes off, he can just hit the power button on the top of the phone and the alarm will snooze. This removes the issue of having to swipe to unlock the phone before you can tap the snooze button. Does anyone else like this idea? If so, does anyone know how to make a patch to give us this functionality?

I suppose, in some ways, having to swipe first means you have to wake up a little bit more, but when I'm barely awake and all bleary-eyed, I hate having to fumble around, desperately trying to get my alarm to go off before I wake up anyone else.
    thats a really good idea idk why i never thought of requesting it
  3.    #3  
    These forums move so fast, my request was on page three of new post within a half an hour of my original post! So, BUMP!

Anyone?

Also, I had another thought when my alarm went off today - how about if your alarm is ringing while it's on the touchstone, it automatically snoozes when you lift it off the stone? We know there's already code to recognize that kind of thing due to the phone auto-answer feature when it's lifted from the stone, so maybe that could be modified for alarms?
    When on the touchstone, hit the center button once to turn on screen, again to snooze alarm. If not on the touchstone, you have to unlock the screen, then push center button to snooze.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    When on the touchstone, hit the center button once to turn on screen, again to snooze alarm. If not on the touchstone, you have to unlock the screen, then push center button to snooze.
    Hey, thanks! I didn't know that hitting the center button would snooze the alarm when it's on the touchstone. I'll have to try that out. I'm going to stick by my original statement, however, and say that it would be so awesome if it would auto-snooze when you pick it up from the touchstone. When I'm still mostly asleep and groping around on my nightstand, I'm lucky if I can even find my Pre, much less find the freakin' center button!

I was aware of the issue of having to unlock the screen in order to snooze whenever the device is not charging (via touchstone or cable), which is why I think it would be so awesome to be able to use the power button on the top of the Pre in order to bypass the unlock swipe. In fact, sometimes before I go to sleep, if I decide not to charge it while I'm sleeping (for whatever reason), I'll open the slider up and leave it that way. If the slider is open, that also bypasses the need for the unlock swipe. It's just an ugly workaround and I wish we had a patch to make it nicer.

I'm trying to teach myself how to write apps for the Pre, but so far, creating this kind of patch is beyond me. If no one else is interested, or able, maybe one of these days, I'll have that level of skill that I can write this for myself. And anyone else who wants it, of course! In the meantime, I can only dream.
    I also would like this patch, to snooze the alarm clock via the power button. I have a pin set into my phone at its a pain to type in the pin and then press the snooze button for the alarm. I will try the center button trick to see if it works as well.
    +1
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I agree with the OP. I would also like to see the snooze option on the volume button as well. Had that on Samsung Sync and it worked great for me. Easy to locate and press. Just another option that would be nice.