View Poll Results: Would you use this launcher mod?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 40.71%
  • No

49 35.00%
  • Maybe

34 24.29%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    just don't use a dock. jason's "hide app launcher" (for home and launcher combo) works with this patch.

yeah I had that for a bit but when I tried to move my web app it sorta disappeared. I had to uninstall both the auto hide launcher and lit launcher patch to get it back. Plus I just really like the look of the ipad dock but have yet to find a theme of just the dock and I don't have the know how to make one myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    yeah I had that for a bit but when I tried to move my web app it sorta disappeared. I had to uninstall both the auto hide launcher and lit launcher patch to get it back. Plus I just really like the look of the ipad dock but have yet to find a theme of just the dock and I don't have the know how to make one myself.
    Is that the only thing you want in the theme? If so, i attached an IPK with just the dock changed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hi guys, thanks for producing this cool patch, I've been running it for a little while and it's sweet.

I really like the background scrim of the launcher - it looks much more like glass rather than that slightly plasticky default grey skin.

Is there any way this patch can be extended to use the glass in menus throughout WebOS too? (like the app menu, device menu etc) - seeing this makes me realize just how ugly the grey skin is.
    Assuming stylesheets are used for those menu's too, i think it should be possible to edit to get the same effect as the Lite Launcher Patch. I should have some free time today to go digging & i'll see what i can come up with.
    I've actually been having a poke around myself trying to find the relevant controllers - weirdly I can't seem to affect the appearance of the device menu even after playing with the values in devicemenu.css and systemui.css

It's really odd. Let me know if you have any luck
    Absolutely. I'll be back in 2 hours or so with what i come up with ( silly class getting in the way with patching webOS )
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Is there any way this patch can be extended to use the glass in menus throughout WebOS too?
    yes. if i ever get a day off again, i will take a stab at a couple of things. i was planning on continuing with the launcher idea and making a theme. we'll see.
    I have some glass icons saved from an old iPhone theme if you want to take a look at them for your theme. Just let me know if you want them & i'l send them over.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    hey guys. my wife loves this patch on my pre. she would love to have it on her pixi, but when I install it there is a spacing issue(a big gap between the apps)

any idea how I can fix this? gotta make the wife happy... or she wont make me happy, if you know what I mean

heres a photo to show the problem
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fizymike; 04/22/2010 at 03:34 PM.
  10.    #150  
    that's the special edition pixi patch.

i'll do some digging.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    thank you... and my wife says thanks... spending your own time to make a patch that you will use and then sharing it is one thing, but spending more time to make it usable to all is amazing. so once again, Thank You.
    damnn nice job on this! it is actually a lot easier for me to use than with big icons, a lot easier to find stuff. now if there was a way to make drop down folders to stuff apps i dont use a lot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Is that the only thing you want in the theme? If so, i attached an IPK with just the dock changed.
    you sir are awesome. I'd hit the thank button if there was one on the mobile site. I'll do that and install the theme next time I'm on my computer. Thanks again!
    you sir are awesome. I'd hit the thank button if there was one on the mobile site. I'll do that and install the theme next time I'm on my computer. Thanks again!
    No problem, Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    No problem, Enjoy!
    looks soooo ballin.

Do you think it'd be possible for someone to modify this patch so that the text goes behind the quicklaunch? So that there isn't that random cut off right above it? I guess like make the empty space between the icons transparent.

Edit: Looks even better with the "squarify corners" patch from WebOS QI

Last edited by ChaosMarine03; 04/23/2010 at 09:09 PM.
    So I love this patch... I mean LOVE it!!! It makes my pixi scrolling and fliping through pages much faster.

But there's a problem. There's big gaps between the words. and some of the app names are to long for one line and goes under it, making it look a little unorganized.

But overall I love it. Any word on getting that fixed? Thanks!

Edit: Didn't realized someone posted about this.
    looks soooo ballin.

Do you think it'd be possible for someone to modify this patch so that the text goes behind the quicklaunch? So that there isn't that random cut off right above it? I guess like make the empty space between the icons transparent.

Edit: Looks even better with the "squarify corners" patch from WebOS QI

That theme is perfect with this patch. Do you mind telling me whats it called? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    That theme is perfect with this patch. Do you mind telling me whats it called? Thanks.
    it's the second post at the top of the page by Veritas06. Just download the attatched file and install it with webOS QI. And here is the background.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/d...ting-stars.jpg
    After a lot of trial and error, this is what I came up with:
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Any news on whats up with the pixi?

thank you for your time
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast