View Poll Results: Would you use this launcher mod?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 40.71%
  • No

49 35.00%
  • Maybe

34 24.29%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    I've been following this for a while, and now that it's updated for 1.4.1, I went ahead and put it on. It really compliments my theme quite well [Have Some Color].

Is there any chance that you could make the 2.1 patch in the same shade of blue as the original, and possibly in small caps? If you can't, that's fine, the white is awesome too, I just wanted to ask.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    I've been following this for a while, and now that it's updated for 1.4.1, I went ahead and put it on. It really compliments my theme quite well [Have Some Color].

Is there any chance that you could make the 2.1 patch in the same shade of blue as the original, and possibly in small caps? If you can't, that's fine, the white is awesome too, I just wanted to ask.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
    I didn't test this on my Pre, but it shouldn't cause any problems. I changed the text back to uppercase & the same color as the original patch. Let us know if you run into any problems.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #103  
    as you wish.

edit: veritas beat me to the punch! this one will be lower-case still.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by discolightning; 04/08/2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: corrected patch mistakes
    Quote Originally Posted by discolightning View Post
    as you wish.

Any chance you willl submit these to PreWare?

BTW i like the v/ with blue letters and Cap best.

Edit: versitas06's modified is perfect!
    Last edited by 2sslow; 04/08/2010 at 12:20 AM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

5.    #105  
    i submitted the patch version that didn't install. i will submit an update once/if it goes through.
    as you wish.

Sorry about that! Hope you didn't mind me modifying the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Any chance you willl submit these to PreWare?

BTW i like the v/ with blue letters and Cap best.
    I think disco said he was just waiting to work out all the bugs / get app-reordering working fluently.
    This is on my Pre!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

8.    #108  
    honestly, i don't really like the blue all-caps versions any more. since installing the white lower case 2.1 patch, i've been in love with the launcher. i slide the launcher around more than i play any games. it's ridiculous.

i have a couple of other webos tweaks to work on, so any time someone requests a modification, go for it. it doesn't bother me at all. i am just glad that other people can benefit from my work.
    Any way to do a 1st letter of each word in caps?

Follow the link below.

10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Any way to do a 1st letter of each word in caps?
    you could comment out the text-transform if you edit the patch file:

Code:
    +	/*text-transform: lowercase;*/
    that's the quickest way.

also, i just checked the v2.2 patch and found a couple of errors. so, it's fixed now.
    i installed version 2. pretty cool! ok, in the way of additional requests; if the title for the icon is too long, it will go into additional lines. what about cutting it off at the end of one line? this is mostly from bookmarked websites in my launcher, and the only way to modify the title is to delete and go add to launcher all over again.
  12.    #112  
    i'm done for tonight, but text-wrapping can easily be defeated with a quick 'overflow:hidden;' mod.
    Hows this:

Notice the font:

Follow the link below.

honestly, i don't really like the blue all-caps versions any more. since installing the white lower case 2.1 patch, i've been in love with the launcher. i slide the launcher around more than i play any games. it's ridiculous.

i have a couple of other webos tweaks to work on, so any time someone requests a modification, go for it. it doesn't bother me at all. i am just glad that other people can benefit from my work.
    When you released the blue all-caps i loved the patch, & like you said, as soon as i saw the white lower-case i liked it even more. I think i said before too, i didn't think i'd like the transparent scrim but now i do love seeing my wallpaper behind the launcher. With each release i love the patch more & more .
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    I didn't test this on my Pre, but it shouldn't cause any problems. I changed the text back to uppercase & the same color as the original patch. Let us know if you run into any problems.
    That was quick. Thank you so much for the effort! I'll put it on and let you guys know how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    That was quick. Thank you so much for the effort! I'll put it on and let you guys know how it works.
    No problem! If there's anything else you want changed just post back here, disco, 2sslow, or i will be around to modify it if you'd like to see anything else.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Surprisingly, as blue is my favorite color, especially the kind of blue used in the original patch, I think I prefer the white lowercase. Just something about it. Great work!
    Figured i'd try to show off with a custom font
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i like

Last edited by patricksmangan; 04/09/2010 at 04:52 AM.
  20.    #120  
    nice
    Last edited by discolightning; 04/09/2010 at 12:25 PM.