View Poll Results: Would you use this launcher mod?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 40.71%
  • No

49 35.00%
  • Maybe

34 24.29%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    it is indeed very easy to modify this patch in many ways. All you need is a text editor and a color picker. I'll get back to you on removing the icons. Last time I used this patch sans icons, rearranging wouldn't work. With the icons visible, it is possible to rearrange by long-tapping the icon, not the name. I'm not sure yet how to work that out. Once rearranging is working completely, I will submit it to Preware
    Last edited by discolightning; 04/05/2010 at 12:54 PM.
    thx, disco. will give a try once i get home.

not sure how the "thanks" button thingee hasn't exploded for you yet, but thanks given.
  3.    #83  
    thank you, css3.

after reading through the last few replies, i had a renewed interest in patching the launcher. this time, I was finally able to accomplish what I had wanted several weeks ago: a translucent background. i didn't know about that little rgba gem until about thirty minutes ago. now, gaze through your launcher at the apps resting below! this is a matter of preference, but i think the translucent launcher feels more cohesive than the opaque black. i'm also not a huge fan of the original scrim.

also, i adjusted the font a little, forcing lower-caps this time instead of regular caps. this is more along the lines of winphosev. does anyone know of a thinner font bundled into webos? if not, i'm content to use Prelude Medium.

you may also notice that the letters are now white. i think it's best to leave the color in the icons.

now, if only 'text-shadow' would work
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by discolightning; 04/05/2010 at 11:14 PM.
    At first i didn't think i was going to like the Opacity, but it really looks great on-device. Thanks for the nice change up!
  5.    #85  
    think 'tinted glass'

here's a darker one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by discolightning; 04/07/2010 at 04:18 PM.
    Thanks, i'll give that one a try too. I really like the lowercase font too, looks alot less crowded now that i look at it.
    THanks i love v2.1
    tried looking at that picture. Can't view a .png in webos
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    2.1 not working for me. It appears to install , but upon Luna restart nothing happened. Also tried restarting manually. Appears in device managment as installed as well. Not sure what happened, only launcher patches I have installed are Add/Remove, Wrap, Reset position/first page, Gesture Click

Tried 2.0 just now and it worked fine, showed up right on luna restart. I would much prefer the darker version though, any ideas?
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by legato View Post
    2.1 not working for me. It appears to install , but upon Luna restart nothing happened. Also tried restarting manually. Appears in device managment as installed as well. Not sure what happened, only launcher patches I have installed are Add/Remove, Wrap, Reset position/first page, Gesture Click

Tried 2.0 just now and it worked fine, showed up right on luna restart. I would much prefer the darker version though, any ideas?
    no ideas yet. has anyone else had a problem with either patch?
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    tried looking at that picture. Can't view a .png in webos
    that's weird because the pngs are snapshots taken on my Pre. they also load fine on my phone.
    hi discolightning, how did u get the clock as a backround like this? thanks for the info
  13.    #93  
    that picture only show the launcher's appearance when it's over the clock app. the clock is not in the launcher. give it a try and you'll see what it does.
    2.0 works for me, but 2.1 does not.
    Shalom
  15.    #95  
    i updated the patch. i'm not sure what the problem was with the old one, but i made sure that this one would install on my Pre.

let me know if you have more problems.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'll check it out later. Regardless, great work on this.
    New 2.1 works for me.
    Shalom
    Tried at 1.4.1, but not installed

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Wed Apr  7 22:08:55 CEST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.lite-list-launcher-v21/lite-list-launcher-v21.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Hunk #7 FAILED at 123.
    Hunk #8 succeeded at 138 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #9 succeeded at 141 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #10 succeeded at 145 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #11 succeeded at 247 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #12 succeeded at 253 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #13 FAILED at 261.
    Hunk #14 succeeded at 264 with fuzz 2 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #15 succeeded at 271 (offset 1 line).
    2 out of 15 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Unreversed patch detected!  Ignore -R? [n] 
    Apply anyway? [n] 
    Skipping patch.
    15 out of 15 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

Installation FAILED!
    2 out of 15 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.lite-list-launcher-v21
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.patches.lite-list-launcher-v21:
    lite-list-launcher-v21.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    My installed patches:
    Code:
    root@napalm:/media/internal# ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps/ list_installed|grep patch
    ca.canucksoftware.patches.mojo-always-warning-on-sync - 1.4.1-1 - mojo-always-warning-on-sync
    org.webosinternals.patch - 2.5.9-3 - GNU Patch
    org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard - 1.4.1-1 - Virtual Keyboard
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v2 - 1.4.1-1 - 4x4 Icons v2
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-improved-photo-naming-cimg - 1.4.1-1 - Improved Photo Naming CIMG
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-video-camera-flashlight - 1.4.1-1 - Video Camera Flashlight
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-character-counter - 1.4.1-0 - Character Counter
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enter-key-for-new-line - 1.4.1-5 - Enter Key for New Line
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-total-message-count - 1.4.1-1 - Total Message Count
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-un-hardcode-term - 1.4.1-1 - Un-Hardcode TERM
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-unthrottle-download-manager - 1.4.1-1 - Unthrottle Download Manager
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-power-button-to-end-calls - 1.4.1-1 - Power Button to End Calls
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-temperature-in-device-info - 1.4.1-0 - Temperature in Device Info
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    99% sure it's the 4x4 patch causing your problem. Remove that first.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by legato View Post
    99% sure it's the 4x4 patch causing your problem. Remove that first.
    i'm 100% sure. i updated the original post to warn of potential patch conflicts.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast