View Poll Results: Would you use this launcher mod?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 40.71%
  • No

49 35.00%
  • Maybe

34 24.29%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    installing now. does it take some time to install?
    it's just a patch, so not at all to install. Just be sure to remove any Launcher Change patches you might have installed (ie: 4x4 or 5x4 Laucnher ).

As for bugs... I reall don't see any. There's a few asthetics that would make it look better, but if you just wanted to leave it like this, I wouldn't mind at all, it's great.
    should i remove "extra launcher pages"?

i ask because i already installed once and nothing changed.
    ok just installed for the second time and still nothing. gonna remove extra launcher pages to see if thats the cause

edit: still nothing.
    I never had the patch installed ( it was included with the 5x4 ) but I don't think it should affect this. I believe the patch edits a CSS file that the add/delete launcher pages doesn't touch
    ok well i installed 3 times and nothing. ill try again later
    did you get any error messages?
    nope nothing at all
    I finally got it to work. I had to modify a stock launcher.css file with the changes in his patch for it to work.
    I think it was a problem of the line numbers on the patch getting out of order so to speak, so even though I was installing the patch 3 times, it wasn't changing anything.
    I have also reinstalled the "hide quick launch bar in launcher" patch with no issues.
    I would have included the launcher.css file, but I can't upload in that format.

Great mods though. Good work.
  10.    #70  
    Thanks for being persistent. I hope you are enjoying the patch.
    I am loving the patch. I've been using it for a week or two & I have seen no issues & cannot think of any other improvements. Thanks again for the patch disco!
  12.    #72  
    and thanks to you for helping everyone who had questions.

the funny thing is that I have to explain to everyone that this is not how the Pre looks out of the box. nobody seems to mind. webos sells itself.

i will be devoting some time to making this work on the pixi (emulator).
    I like it alot, very slick. Great job! The one with the icons is best.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by discolightning View Post
    and thanks to you for helping everyone who had questions.

the funny thing is that I have to explain to everyone that this is not how the Pre looks out of the box. nobody seems to mind. webos sells itself.

i will be devoting some time to making this work on the pixi (emulator).
    No problem at all, glad i can help out ( even if just with questions ). If there is any way i can help, i'd love to. I do own a Pre so i won't be able to help with owning an actual Pixi ( i have the emulator as well ), but any way i can help i would love to.

Do you have a Paypal link? Since installing this patch i actually get excited opening my Launcher =]. Since installing the patch i've been showing it off to my friends, trying to get them to convert to webOS ( not that it takes much effort ).
    Last edited by Veritas06; 03/14/2010 at 08:51 PM.
    Are you planning on releasing this patch through PreWare? I'm only asking because the app reordering is giving my trouble & it's just easier to remove the patch, reorder my apps ( i'm OCD so they have to be alphabetical ) & then reinstall the patch. It would be great to be able to do this from my Pre instead of needing to be at a computer.
    Patch works Great! even works w/ named pages in launcher patch.

I didnt like the 28px font though, It was a little big and some apps didnt wrap correctly so I edited the patch for a 24px font.

I have attached the modified patch if anybody else agrees.

Btw the font color is easily changeable too.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 2sslow; 04/03/2010 at 12:00 AM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Patch works Great! even works w/ named pages in launcher patch.

I didnt like the 28px font though, It was a little big and some apps didnt wrap correctly so I edited the patch for a 24px font.

I have attached the modified patch if anybody else agrees.

Btw the font color is easily changeable too.
    Thanks! I was waiting for users to ask about changing the font color & it's one of the simpler things i would be able to edit if disco approved i was planning on editing it for users also =P
    Also as far as I can tell the only patches that dont play well are basically any launcher-scrim or font or fade removal patch.
    My menu fade patch has been updated to no longer contain the launcher-scrim patch so as to not interfere w/ this awesome patch.

Great work Disco

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    Thanks! I was waiting for users to ask about changing the font color & it's one of the simpler things i would be able to edit if disco approved i was planning on editing it for users also =P
    Im in too!

So in short if you want a modified font or color PLEASE post here and I or Veritas06 as well as Disco (I assume) will do our best to accommodate you as quickly as possible.

Please post font size and color w/ your requests.

You can use this link to choose color, ONLY supply one of the codes w/6 digits...

Web colors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I love this! I have four pages on mine, o.O but whatever it looks sweeet! Scrolling between pages is fast, it's quite easy to change the color of the font and the size. How do you remove the icons though? I want mine to look exactly like the zune hd interface, god that would be sexy. <3
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast