View Poll Results: Would you use this launcher mod?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 40.71%
  • No

49 35.00%
  • Maybe

34 24.29%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    I had Preware update this patch to the 'pixi' compatible which shrank the font down a little which looks good.

except now it is not compatible with the 'named pages in launcher' patch. Is there a way I can switch to the previous one in Preware before you updated?
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    I had Preware update this patch to the 'pixi' compatible which shrank the font down a little which looks good.

except now it is not compatible with the 'named pages in launcher' patch. Is there a way I can switch to the previous one in Preware before you updated?
    I just uploaded the v2.1 patch, which can be installed through WebOsQI. Find v2.1 on the first post.
    I had v2.1 installed while having the "named pages in launcher" patch installed.
    And it seemed to work with it.
    Is that a bad thing? Lol
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    I had v2.1 installed while having the "named pages in launcher" patch installed.
    And it seemed to work with it.
    Is that a bad thing? Lol
    your pre is going to beg for mercy.
    So is there no way to reorder the apps instead of moving them from page to page?
    Quote Originally Posted by discolightning View Post
    your pre is going to beg for mercy.
    As in random freezes?
    Recently I've been having that problem, and usually the only solution is to do a battery pull.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    So is there no way to reorder the apps instead of moving them from page to page?
    You can still reoder apps, it's just a little buggy ATM. Hold the icon to select it, then drop it on top of the icon you want to move it above ( I hope that makes sense ). There are some times when it doesn't let me select icons in the middle of the page however. Still let's me drag icons from the bottom with no issues.
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    You can still reoder apps, it's just a little buggy ATM. Hold the icon to select it, then drop it on top of the icon you want to move it above ( I hope that makes sense ). There are some times when it doesn't let me select icons in the middle of the page however. Still let's me drag icons from the bottom with no issues.
    As far as I can tell, the problem is created by apps with very long names that are two lines or more. I want to make app names draggable instead of the icons, but I'm not familiar enough with javascript to get it done.

For now, hold down the icon you want to move, then start dragging up/down/left/right to the desired location. It isn't always going to land where you want, but I'm working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    As in random freezes?
    Recently I've been having that problem, and usually the only solution is to do a battery pull.
    j/k. freezes, crashes, unresponsive webos is a fact of life with version 1.4.x. Even if no new features are released, I hope a more stable version comes out soon. Several times a day, I slide my Pre open and it reboots. That's all OT, anyway.
    As far as I can tell, the problem is created by apps with very long names that are two lines or more. I want to make app names draggable instead of the icons, but I'm not familiar enough with javascript to get it done.

For now, hold down the icon you want to move, then start dragging up/down/left/right to the desired location. It isn't always going to land where you want, but I'm working on that.
    Yeah, CSS is one thing, but a bit rusty on the java stuff myself.
    Pretty slick, but yeah, a little too Zune like for my tastes...
    j/k. freezes, crashes, unresponsive webos is a fact of life with version 1.4.x. Even if no new features are released, I hope a more stable version comes out soon. Several times a day, I slide my Pre open and it reboots. That's all OT, anyway.
    Actually I found the 2.1 version is buggy, well at least the one Veritas06 gave me a few posts back with the uppercase first letters.

I did some tests, I did an EPR, installed the one I received from Veritas06. Ran it for a bit, within 10mins phone froze completely, showed a bright screen.
    Couldn't do anything but a battery pull.
    I ran another EPR, installed version 3.0, no problems so far and it's been a few days.
    The only problem is that it's all lowercase, which bugs be like crazy.

I don't have any freezes anymore the way it did.
    Just my normal "open up phone restarts"

So I don't know if it was the first letter uppercase 2.1 version which caused the problems or it was version 2.1 itself.
    This patch should have nothing do do with phone restarts & freezing. It only modifies a CSS file, no other system files. It only affects the appearance of the launcher, no functionality.
    is there any way to get lite list launcer to play nice with named launcher patch or to incorperate it into the lite list launcher
    I am Pain, I am Real, I'm not a dream! (Ayreon)
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Has anyone had issues with this patch causing the phone to phantom update? This is the only patch installed on my Pre, and I was just asked to update to 1.4.1.1.
    Hi, I really like the lite list launcher but it's very difficult to rearrange the items. I try to grab it by the icon and it simply won't detect my finger. Any way you could modify it so that we could grab the whole word? Or maybe make the icons a little bigger?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    I too am having serious difficulty "grabbing the icon."

Here are some observations:

* Hitting the icon itself seems easy enough. If you press + hold, you'll notice that icons below the line you're pressing shift down by 1 pixel.

* After press+hold, dragging your finger does not scroll the list, meaning the phone thinks (partially) that you're in the act of dragging the icon, even though nothing is changing on the screen.

* When dragging DOES work (it's rare), then you get the ghost (mostly transparent) larger version of the icon under your finger while you're moving it around.

* Some icons seem to be more easily draggable. This might be in my head, but "wi-fi" seems to drag 60% of the time, while "regional settings" 0%.

* Dropping on top of the icons is difficult to do without triggering a page flip.

Does anyone have any non-GUI methods published for specifying the order and page of the apps in the launcher? Maybe editing some files or manually updating the database?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    * One important note: this patch alters the app launcher's css file, and will not work with some other launcher patches. you may have to remove them and restart luna before using the Lite List Launcher.
    If I install/uninstall the Preware patch, will the launcher .css file be reverted to original version?

Thanks.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  18.    #198  
    it will be difficult to reorder apps with this patch. Sorry.

if you uninstall this patch, launcher.css will be reverted to it's previous state.

edit: I have only been able to make the names draggable by hiding the icons in the background. If you want an iconless patch, I can do that.

in other news, my Pre
    * doesn't always respond to touch

* frequently halts, slows down, or freezes

* is small

* will be replaced soon

Last edited by discolightning; 06/29/2010 at 05:57 PM.
    it will be difficult to reorder apps with this patch. Sorry.

if you uninstall this patch, launcher.css will be reverted to it's previous state.

edit: I have only been able to make the names draggable by hiding the icons in the background. If you want an iconless patch, I can do that.

in other news, my Pre
    * doesn't always respond to touch

* frequently halts, slows down, or freezes

* is small

* will be replaced soon

Will be replaced soon by another Pre? I'm on my 6th Sprint Pre right now. WebOS is just too good to give up. And I guess a no icon patch wouldn't be too pleasing. I'll probably try the drag radius patch and give it another whirl or I'll just go back to 4x4 v5, glass effect.

:]
  20.    #200  
    warranty's out. I wish a new Palm device would be announced soon.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast