Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I see webOS 1.4.1 brought back the forward swipe, at least in the browser, and I'm sure I read someone said that it worked in some Twitter app too. Does this mean this patch can rise from the dead again?
    Just a confirmation...This patch is 100% functional, including the forward gesture for send.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I want to install this.
    What is the difference between the 3 patches avail on the OP?

EDIT All three of these give me an error upon QI install attempt..?
    Last edited by Freshyz; 04/03/2010 at 05:31 PM.
    Everybody wants some!..
    i still have the problem that buttons won't remove even if patch is installed. is the 1-a also updated for 1.4.1? thx!
    I hope this patch is updated for 1.4.1.1.
  6.    #46  
    i will be working on it later tonight.

EDIT: seems to be working fine on 1.4.1
    100% functional
    Last edited by fritos1406; 04/05/2010 at 10:54 PM.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Excellent! Which of the 3 patches do we install for 1.4.1.1?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by BozackJenkins View Post
    Excellent! Which of the 3 patches do we install for 1.4.1.1?
    the 1.4 one

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Like the other time I cannot see changes even with the patch installed...
    i have 1.4.1 here. but not working
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    the 1.4 one
    Install gave me an error message.. Don't remember it & I'm not at home at the moment to replicate the problem, but I'll do so later.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Any progress on updating this patch?
    i just realized, i could really use this patch lol
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Just a confirmation...This patch is 100% functional, including the forward gesture for send.

When I posted this comment, I totally forgot I was using something I had updated for 1.4.1...They changed the verbiage in the menu from "Add picture..." to "Attach file...", so here's what I've been using.

fritos1406, I'll go ahead and submit the update for Preware right now.

Thanks...I really like this patch and appreciate your work putting it together!

Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks! it runs perfectly smooth now! wonderfully back again! great job!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I LOVE this patch. I had no idea when I first saw it that I would enjoy it this much. I am sure glad I tried it. Anyone thinking about this patch, just do it and see how much you like it.

For a while I was thinking that the left side of my gesture area would wear out (back gesture) and the other side be brand new from lack of use. The functionality of this patch helps alleviate my paranoia. I know, I'm weird
    Rise from thy grave, thread!

This patch has been updated to 2.1 and is available for download by 2.1 devices in Preware, but while it does allow me to dispatch messages with a forward swipe (ah! Bliss!) it does not actually remove the send and attach buttons. They're still there on my 2.1 mutant-doctored O2 Pre Minus.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?
    The patch that is available on preware for 2.1 should not be there. It has not been tested and was nt submitted for 2.1. It was submitted for 2.0.1 only. I don't know why all of the 2.0.1 patches were automatically put into the 2.1 catalog. I will work on the patch later, now that I have just doctored my VZ pre 2 to 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Rise from thy grave, thread!

This patch has been updated to 2.1 and is available for download by 2.1 devices in Preware, but while it does allow me to dispatch messages with a forward swipe (ah! Bliss!) it does not actually remove the send and attach buttons. They're still there on my 2.1 mutant-doctored O2 Pre Minus.

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

yes, i do!
    but as CraiaSoftware said, its not tested on 2.1.0...
    so, is there a chance that one of the older patches will work on 2.1.0? or, even better, will there be an update for 2.1.0? im always tapping the send-button too early...

i already tried deinstalling all the patches relating to messaging, to find out if theres another patch preventing it from working properly... but no, its still not working!

greets, zoltar
    This patch doesnt work on HP Veer with WebOS 2.1.1, applied successfully but doesnt remove the buttons.

Would be nice, if you could port it to WebOS2 ...
    So just found out that this patch for Webos21 works! The only thing you have to do additionally is to patch your local chatview-scene.html .. for german language you have to go to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/resources/de/views/chatview/chatview-scene.html then just replace

<div id="ActionButton" class="icon right empty">
    with
    <div id="ActionButton" class="icon right empty" style="display:none;">

and

<div id="SendButton" class="stuck sendButton" x-mojo-tap-highlight="immediate">
    with
    <div id="SendButton" class="stuck sendButton" style="display:none;" x-mojo-tap-highlight="immediate">

Thats it! Now everything looks fine ... and both buttons disappeared!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast