Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This patch only displays the SMS icon in universal search for phone numbers tagged 'Mobile'

Available from the Preware feed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xenoph0be; 02/17/2010 at 07:54 PM.
    <<"[Patch]" added to title. >>
    Just call me Berd.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    <<"[Patch]" added to title. >>
    sweet! Thanks
    nice patch thnx for this really a good way to text someone fast
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Great patch - thanks! Note that it doesn't work if you access the contact from the phone call list.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    Great patch - thanks! Note that it doesn't work if you access the contact from the phone call list.
    This patch only changes the universal search. I am working on a patch that will do the same for contacts, and might look into hacking the ability into the phone app if I can find the correct api calls.
    Awesome thanks
    Thanks for the neat little patch. If you can get it working for the other places too, that would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by xenoph0be View Post
    This patch only displays the SMS icon in universal search for phone numbers tagged 'Mobile'

Available from the Preware feed.
    I love this patch, but have 1 request to add...

Is there any way to add the SMS icon (in universal search) to emails also? I will often send an SMS to an email, but right now the only way to do that is to open up the Messaging App, start a new conversation and (along with the patch to show emails in the messagin app) search for a specific contact. Or, you can type the email in directly in the To: field. However, I would love to launch the SMS app directly to an email address from Universal Search?

Does that make sense? Also, since everyone may not want this, it may be smart to create a new enhanced patch for this (instead of modifying the existing one) with the SMS icon next to both Mobile phones and all emails

How easy is that to do? Is it possible?

Thanks
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I love this patch, but have 1 request to add...

Is there any way to add the SMS icon (in universal search) to emails also? I will often send an SMS to an email, but right now the only way to do that is to open up the Messaging App, start a new conversation and (along with the patch to show emails in the messagin app) search for a specific contact. Or, you can type the email in directly in the To: field. However, I would love to launch the SMS app directly to an email address from Universal Search?

Does that make sense? Also, since everyone may not want this, it may be smart to create a new enhanced patch for this (instead of modifying the existing one) with the SMS icon next to both Mobile phones and all emails

How easy is that to do? Is it possible?

Thanks
    Adam
    Just tested it out on my pre and it works. I will create a patch tomorrow and submit it to preware, until then I will include the patch to be installed with WOSQI in the new thread.
    Just tested it out on my pre and it works. I will create a patch tomorrow and submit it to preware, until then I will include the patch to be installed with WOSQI in the new thread.
    Cool, thanks... did you post the patch file? Can't seem to find it on the forums

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Sounds awesome! Thanks for this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Cool, thanks... did you post the patch file? Can't seem to find it on the forums

Adam
    I wasn't able to create the patch today as I had hoped and will not be able to until Sunday afternoon/evening due to being out of town. I apologize, and will get it prepared as soon as possible.
    I wasn't able to create the patch today as I had hoped and will not be able to until Sunday afternoon/evening due to being out of town. I apologize, and will get it prepared as soon as possible.
    Don't want to be a pest, but wondering if there was any update on this...i am so eagerly awaiting this patch!

thanks again!
    Adam

Like any of my work:
    just checking in... any update on the patch?

thanks again!
    Adam

Like any of my work:
  16.    #16  
    Adam,
    Sorry for taking so long to get this posted. Life's been insane the last 2 months. The patch you requested can be found here. I've also submitted it to the preware patch feed.

xeno
    Adam,
    Sorry for taking so long to get this posted. Life's been insane the last 2 months. The patch you requested can be found here. I've also submitted it to the preware patch feed.

xeno
    posted in your new thread, but i dont think this patch works once you actually click on the SMS tag.

Like any of my work:
    Brilliant! Thank you very much indeed. IDK how many times I've accidentally sent a text to a land line number so far... but that worry is now a thing of the past
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Requesting 2.1 version pls...
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    can't find lines to change in 2.1.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast