Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    This might sound like a dumb question but is this possible? i feel like I should really know this but unfortunately I don't.
    Yes, technically.....but extremely unlikely given the life expectancy of your phone.

Light-emitting diode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    This might sound like a dumb question but is this possible? i feel like I should really know this but unfortunately I don't.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply. I wonder if the LED blinking (for notifications) lends to a shorter lifetime than it would have were it to remain solid.
    Not a stupid question As Ryley mentioned, I think your phone will be old, obsolete and scrap metal before the LED light fails - assuming it is in healthy condition.

Imagine the BlackBerry LED lights - they constantly blink green whenever you have signal and red whenever there's a message. I think you're safe
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reassurance! :-)
    I have a VCR that is 20 years old and the LED's on it are still working. LED's can last a very long time, because they are not actually light bulbs. So your phone should be fine.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I believe they have something like a 20 year life expectancy. Regardless anything over 2 is pretty much overkill at this point.
    lol led,s last a long time but tech. Speaking yes
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->