Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Wouldn't it be interesting if, instead of dragging the lock icon to unlock the screen of the phone, we could just swipe on the gesture area to do the same? It'd be a really natural thing to do and unique to webOS - not mentioning easier to do.

A patch for doing this would be really really nice, and I'd greatly appreciate it. Is this possible? Maybe also a toggle to set the swipe to the right, to the left or up.

Also, instead of showing the lock icon, the LED could be used to indicate the swipe needed to unlock; you know, like when you make a backward swipe it lights up from right to left, etc.
    Last edited by firebrewd; 02/18/2010 at 06:14 PM.
    I really do like the idea but I'm fairly certain it's not possible, at least not yet anyway.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Why not? Is there something specific developers don't have access to?
    Loving the idea
    how about the phone not locking at all
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrewd View Post
    Why not? Is there something specific developers don't have access to?
    I think that's precisely the issue.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    how about the phone not locking at all
    That'd be interesting as well.

@xome1983: Oh, that's not good. Maybe Palm will open it up in the future? Would be interesting to see what they say about the idea - pretty sure they took it into consideration.
    Interesting to run into this thread now, as the 1.4 update allows exactly this.

Somewhere up there... Palm is listening.
    insteat of the pin #, can we get connect the dots for easy unlocking. Because I want to password/pin protect my phone however I find it slow... Is that possible for connect the dots?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Interesting to run into this thread now, as the 1.4 update allows exactly this.

Somewhere up there... Palm is listening.
    Yes, for clarification as of 1.4 you can now unlock the phone by swiping up from the gesture area, as you would to bring up the launcher.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    I like it, wonder if that can be done. along with the pattern lock screen that i had suggested in the app idea box which has a lot people interested in it.
    that good idea
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Wow, yeah, I remember reading about the feature. Wondering if it'd be possible to adapt to sliding horizontally... But interesting nontheless!
    I love this idea. I'm not a big fan of the current unlock option, hopefully this will be customizable in the future