Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #1  
    This patch removes the arrow and fade bar behind it in the launcher. Compatible with 4x4 and 5x4 patches. Available via Preware.

    Changelog:
    2010-02-16 Initial version.
    2010-02-21 Fixed compatibility issues, sent update to Preware.
    2010-02-22 Update approved in Preware.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cwgtex; 02/22/2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: update
  2. #2  
    works like a charm!
  3. #3  
    sorry, i dont have arrows or fade behind my launcher pages...Please splain.

    oh wait. you mean the down arrows? ahh, ok
  4. #4  
    so I installed this patch via preware and when I look at my pages all my icons are GONE! lol I was like AHHHH so I uninstalled and everything works fine, any idea why that happened?
  5. #5  
    nice patch, thanks!
  6. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    so I installed this patch via preware and when I look at my pages all my icons are GONE! lol I was like AHHHH so I uninstalled and everything works fine, any idea why that happened?
    No clue. The patch comments out lines 21-63 of launcher stylesheet. This is the part that calls for the arrow and fade bar.

    It works on stock pre files. I don't know of any of the other launcher patches that touch the stylesheet in that place, so there should be no conflicts. Which launcher patch do you have on there?
  7. #7  
    well my icons are stock havent changed them i have gesture tap for info named pages in launcher hide quick launch bar in Launcher Only reset to 1st page and menu fade scrim
  8. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    well my icons are stock havent changed them i have gesture tap for info named pages in launcher hide quick launch bar in Launcher Only reset to 1st page and menu fade scrim
    I don't mean the icons, I mean the .css stylesheet file the determines the settings for the launcher, which is:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

    "Gesturetap for info" and "hide quick launch bar in launcher only" don't touch the launcher stylesheet.

    My patch comments out lines 21-63 of the stylesheet. The "named pages in launcher" patch adds 19 new lines at line 9. This throws off the line numbers my patch is looking for. I would suggest you talk to the maintainer of the other patch and see if he will add the "no arrows" feature to his patch.

    P.S. Please use punctuation, it makes your posts much easier to read.
    Last edited by cwgtex; 02/18/2010 at 08:54 PM.
  9. #9  
    ah ok ill let them know and sry for the punctuations
  10. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #10  
    Oops, looks like there's a problem with this patch, at least if you have some other launcher patches. When I installed this, all my icons on every launcher page dissapeared! I reset, still the same thing. When I uninstalled, they all came back. Here are the patches that I have related to the launcher:

    Black Font in Launcher
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Hide Quick Launch Bar
    Named Pages in the Launcher
    4x4 Icons v2
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  11. #11  
    I have not installed this yet... but I too am confused. I assumed the pic above shows without the fade and arrows, but I don't seem to know / remember what those effects are? I'm also using the Hide Quick Launch patch so I don't have that row of icons at the bottom when I'm actually in launcher, only when I'm in card view. Maybe that's the difference. (and maybe the Hide Quick Launch patch could be the culpret for people's disappearing launcher icons... just an idea?)

    EDITS: After further review.... I think the "Arrows" only appear when you have a full page of icons with some overlap with the bottom of the page (as in... the apps continue down here, keep scrolling). Anyway, it would be helpful to show a 'before' as well as the 'after' pic you have above - just a suggestion.

    Great idea though - just doesn't apply for me the way I'm currently configured (<12 icons in 4x4 per launcher page and hiding my QuickLuanch when in launcher)
  12. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Oops, looks like there's a problem with this patch, at least if you have some other launcher patches. When I installed this, all my icons on every launcher page dissapeared! I reset, still the same thing. When I uninstalled, they all came back. Here are the patches that I have related to the launcher:

    Black Font in Launcher
    Enable Add/Delete Pages
    Hide Quick Launch Bar
    Named Pages in the Launcher
    4x4 Icons v2
    From original post:

    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Compatible with most 4x4 and 5x4 patches (known incompatible with "Named Pages in the Launcher").
  13. phwelo's Avatar
    Posts
    527 Posts
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    #13  
    i also had issues with this patch making all of my icons dissapear. i have several launcher patches instaled including named pages & 4x4. just fyi
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
  14. #14  
    Thanks for this. Really hate the damn arrows/scrims when they cover the icons.
  15. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    i also had issues with this patch making all of my icons dissapear. i have several launcher patches instaled including named pages & 4x4. just fyi
    From original post:

    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Compatible with most 4x4 and 5x4 patches (known incompatible with "Named Pages in the Launcher").
  16. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #16  
    For the guys that want "named pages" patch with no arrows, I have an idea...

    My patch takes out two blank lines, and replaces those two lines with the comment markouts ( /* and */ ). Thus none of the line numbers in the rest of the patch change. So in theory, on a clean install, if a user installs my "no arrows" patch first, they should be able to install the "named pages" patch with no problems.

    Can anyone test this out for me?
    Last edited by cwgtex; 02/18/2010 at 09:20 PM.
  17. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    For the guys that want "named pages" patch with no arrows, I have an idea...

    My patch takes out two blank lines, and replaces those two lines with the comment markouts ( /* and */ ). Thus none of the line numbers in the rest of the patch change. So in theory, on a clean install, if a user installs my "no arrows" patch first, they should be able to install the "named pages" patch with no problems.

    Can anyone test this out for me?
    No need for anyone to test, I found the incompatibility. They won't work together in either order. It had nothing to do with the line number (thanks egaudet!) but rather part of the "named pages" patch uses part of the code that my patch comments out.

    Now that I think about it, I kinda used a brick to kill a fly in my patch. I commented out four sections of the stylesheet (top arrow, top fade, bottom arrow, bottom fade) to get rid of what is basically four images. I should be able to comment out just the lines that call for each image specifically. I will rework this patch to just get rid of the lines that call for the images specifically. This should, in theory, work. Stay tuned!
  18. #18  
    Just a thought...Wouldn't it be much easier to replace the images located:

    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images

    fade-arrow-down.png
    fade-arrow-up.png
    launcher-page-fade-bottom.png
    launcher-page-fade-top.png

    I attached some examples.

    They could be sent via WOSQI or included in a theme.

    .
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19. Fitz39's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #19  
    awesome patch... just installed i like how crisp it makes my launcher.. i also have no quick launch and 4x4 on my launcher... works grrrrrrreat
    727
  20. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Just a thought...Wouldn't it be much easier to replace the images located:

    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images

    fade-arrow-down.png
    fade-arrow-up.png
    launcher-page-fade-bottom.png
    launcher-page-fade-top.png

    I attached some examples.

    They could be sent via WOSQI or included in a theme.

    .
    Good suggestion but I would rather keep this as a patch instead of theme. I don't even have load the themes feed in my Preware. Like I said I bet I can modify the patch to just comment out the background-image lines that call for the images.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions