Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Good suggestion but I would rather keep this as a patch instead of theme. I don't even have load the themes feed in my Preware. Like I said I bet I can modify the patch to just comment out the background-image lines that call for the images.
    I totally understand...Have you looked at 2sslow's Menu Fade Scrim patch...Simply using the acouple of the changes from it gets rid of the fade or allows you to scrim it.

In the launcher.css...
    line28 -- from patch
    Code:
    -    background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png) center center no-repeat;
    +    background: url(/media/internal/scrims/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png) center center no-repeat;
    line 42 -- new
    Code:
    -    background: url(../images/fade-arrow-down.png) center center no-repeat;
    +    background: url(/media/internal/scrims/fade-arrow-down.png) center center no-repeat;
    line 48 -- from patch
    Code:
    -    background: url(../images/launcher-page-fade-top.png) center center no-repeat;
    +    background: url(/media/internal/scrims/launcher-page-fade-top.png) center center no-repeat;
    line 63 -- new
    Code:
    -    background: url(../images/fade-arrow-up.png) center center no-repeat;
     +    background: url(/media/internal/scrims/fade-arrow-up.png) center center no-repeat;
    no image = no arrow or fade

Possible options...

1. Simply ask 2sslow to add the arrows to that patch which would probably make this one unnecessary.
    2. Change all background paths as above which would probably increase the user base since you'd also be able allow users to change the images.

Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Ok, I got it fixed. I updated the original post with the updated version, and I submitted the update to Preware. Once the change log on Preware shows "fixed compatibility issues", then that version will be good to go on the "named pages" patch.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Ok, I got it fixed. I updated the original post with the updated version, and I submitted the update to Preware. Once the change log on Preware shows "fixed compatibility issues", then that version will be good to go on the "named pages" patch.
    Update approved in Preware. If anyone else has problems mixing this patch with others, let me know!
    Last edited by cwgtex; 02/24/2010 at 09:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    1. Simply ask 2sslow to add the arrows to that patch which would probably make this one unnecessary.
    2. Change all background paths as above which would probably increase the user base since you'd also be able allow users to change the images.
    I ended up just commenting out the backgroud:image lines.

Options one sounds like a good suggestion, but I don't want it so I will leave that request up to anyone that wants to change their arrow image. Option two would just be a redundant version of 2sslow's "Menu Fade Scrim" patch.

Thanks for the suggestions though .
    Will this work with the 5x5 Icon patch? I really want to try some of these Scrim patches, but I don't want to get ride of the 5x5 patch.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Will this work with the 5x5 Icon patch? I really want to try some of these Scrim patches, but I don't want to get ride of the 5x5 patch.
    It should, try it and see. It is a very simple patch, it only edits four lines, so if it doesn't work it will uninstall cleanly. Try it and let me know.
    I love the patch very clean. an issue i found:

Launcher patches running:
    4x4 v3
    Enable/Add Delete Pages
    Hide Amazon, MusicPlayer, Nascar, NFL
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon

-It deleted a whole launcher page when it installed. this is more of a nuisance than anything but still, trying to move a whole page of icons back one by one sucks.
    Please Help.

I have always used this patch and really like it however since I did the newest Palm update I have not been able to install it I get the following error. I am sure something else that I installed before it is triggaring the error can you you someone please take a look and let me know if you have any ideas what it may be.

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    50 10820 50 5439 0 0 2687 0 0:00:04 0:00:02 0:00:02 4167
    100 10820 100 10820 0 0 4938 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 7355
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-no-arrows-or-fade-bar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-no-arrows-or-fade-bar.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-no-arrows-or-fade-bar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-no-arrows-or-fade-bar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    10 10820 10 1154 0 0 229 0 0:00:47 0:00:05 0:00:42 2581
    100 10820 100 10820 0 0 1896 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 9549
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-no-arrows-or-fade-bar
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-no-arrows-or-fade-bar.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-no-arrows-or-fade-bar from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-no-arrows-or-fade-bar.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12