Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Can someone PLEASE tell me if there is a way to block calls coming in from unknown or blocked callers? Where it wouldn't even send a call to voicemail, instead it would have a greeting like "this caller does not receive calls from blocked numbers." - A privacy manager like landlines have, so to speak. All the patches I've seen on here either do not work or will not install. Help on this would be appreciated TREMENDOUSLY!!!

    Either Private Message me or reply here but PLEASE help!
    Last edited by run_dcm; 02/16/2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
  2. #2  
    I think the message would be a network thing, so not able to be done in the patch, but i've also been looking for a patch that would auto-block private / unknown numbers, like the CallBlocker patch does for 'Do Not Answer' entries.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I tried the patches out there....they either don't install right or in the case of the CallBlocker patch, you can't enter "unknown caller" for a number..you can only put in numbers. It works with certain numbers obviously, but not with unknown or blocked calls. I've seen a couple mentions of youview (I have no idea what this is) or gdial but I still don't know what or how these work or IF they even work in blocking unknown callers.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by run_dcm View Post
    Yeah I tried the patches out there....they either don't install right or in the case of the CallBlocker patch, you can't enter "unknown caller" for a number..you can only put in numbers. It works with certain numbers obviously, but not with unknown or blocked calls. I've seen a couple mentions of youview (I have no idea what this is) or gdial but I still don't know what or how these work or IF they even work in blocking unknown callers.
    I recommend going to google.com/voice and requesting an invite. You can screen every call, listen in while a voicemail is being left, makes unknown callers identify themselves. Gdial is just the app to use if you have a Google Voice account.
  5.    #5  
    I actually did that...do you know how long it takes before they actually send you an invite?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I recommend going to google.com/voice and requesting an invite. You can screen every call, listen in while a voicemail is being left, makes unknown callers identify themselves. Gdial is just the app to use if you have a Google Voice account.
    YouMail is also a good option. I actually like it better than Google. it offers more options to manage individual contacts. And no invite. there is also a free app (Youview) in the catalog.
  7. #7  
    The Call Block/Rejecter patch works fine for me. Just add each number under the contact name (Do Not Answer) and the phone won't even give a missed call notification. I find it to be very handy.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  8.    #8  
    OK can you please post where you found this patch? And what do you mean "add each number?" How do you add a number if it comes up as "unknown caller"
  9. #9  
    I think youmail, which is now in the apps catalog can resolve your issue. Visit youmail.com or search youmail here
  10.    #10  
    I just did a search and it's not in the app catalog. Do you mean the official app catalog or homebrew?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by run_dcm View Post
    Can someone PLEASE tell me if there is a way to block calls coming in from unknown or blocked callers? Where it wouldn't even send a call to voicemail, instead it would have a greeting like "this caller does not receive calls from blocked numbers." - A privacy manager like landlines have, so to speak. All the patches I've seen on here either do not work or will not install. Help on this would be appreciated TREMENDOUSLY!!!

    Either Private Message me or reply here but PLEASE help!
    There's a patch for this...Elyron did a version like this in his [Patch] Call Block/Ignore thread @ #144...It adds Unknown & Blocked callers to what is ignored in the Call Block/Rejector patch found in Preware.

    Here's the updated version I've been using.

    .
    Attached Files Attached Files
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by run_dcm View Post
    OK can you please post where you found this patch? And what do you mean "add each number?" How do you add a number if it comes up as "unknown caller"
    Yes Elryon's patch mentioned above is the one I have. You can find it in Preware under Patch > Phone > Call Block/ Rejecter.

    To use it you simple make up a contact named (Do Not Answer) and assign all unwanted calls to that contact name. Then the patch does the rest.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  13.    #13  
    This is the problem - I get an install error with this. I have no idea what I'd be doing wrong.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Yes Elryon's patch mentioned above is the one I have. You can find it in Preware under Patch > Phone > Call Block/ Rejecter.

    To use it you simple make up a contact named (Do Not Answer) and assign all unwanted calls to that contact name. Then the patch does the rest.
    Just to clarify...The patch I mentioned and posted above is not the same as the one in Preware.

    It adds UNKNOWN & BLOCKED callers to what get's blocked/rejected.

    You can't block these calls in the 'Do Not Answer' list because they don't have phone numbers.

    You can save the file above and use it via WebOS Quick Install.

    Quote Originally Posted by run_dcm View Post
    Can someone PLEASE tell me if there is a way to block calls coming in from unknown or blocked callers?
    It seemed more appropriate given the OP...

    BTW...Only Google Voice or YouMail, are going to give you the other stuff you want.

    .
    Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 02/16/2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: added OP reference
  15.    #15  
    I have no idea what you mean by this: "It adds UNKNOWN & BLOCKED callers to what get's blocked/rejected.

    You can't block these calls in the 'Do Not Answer' list because they don't have phone numbers."

    You're first saying unknown/blocked calls get rejected...then you're saying you can't block them because they don't have phone numbers"

    Now I'm even more confused than when I started. Like I said, that patch does not install. I keep getting an error, yet I've installed it the same way I've installed every other patch and yet this one keeps giving me an error.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Just to clarify...The patch I mentioned and posted above is not the same as the one in Preware.

    It adds UNKNOWN & BLOCKED callers to what get's blocked/rejected.

    You can't block these calls in the 'Do Not Answer' list because they don't have phone numbers.

    You can save the file above and use it via WebOS Quick Install.
    Thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize that, as Elryon created the patch I have as well.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  17. #17  
    both, just visit Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail or do a forum search here for youmail
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by run_dcm View Post
    Now I'm even more confused than when I started. Like I said, that patch does not install. I keep getting an error, yet I've installed it the same way I've installed every other patch and yet this one keeps giving me an error.
    You should be able to remove it with WebOS Quick Install, Then reinstall it again.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by run_dcm View Post
    I have no idea what you mean by this: "It adds UNKNOWN & BLOCKED callers to what get's blocked/rejected.

    You can't block these calls in the 'Do Not Answer' list because they don't have phone numbers."

    You're first saying unknown/blocked calls get rejected...then you're saying you can't block them because they don't have phone numbers"

    Now I'm even more confused than when I started. Like I said, that patch does not install. I keep getting an error, yet I've installed it the same way I've installed every other patch and yet this one keeps giving me an error.
    1. The Call Block/ Rejector patch in Preware blocks calls from phone numbers you link to a contact named, "Do Not Answer".

    2. The patch I posted above does the same thing with the "Do Not Answer" contact, and it adds a general block of calls that come in as UNKNOWN or BLOCKED.

    UNKNOWN or BLOCKED calls don't have phone numbers for the caller id.

    I hope that makes more sense.

    If you want help with installation errors, it would be best to post what sort of error you're getting.

    .
  20. #20  
    when I try to open callblocktest.patch i get an error:

    cannot find an application which can open this file
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions