1.    #1  
    I have been trying to update Preware from 0.9.24 to 0.9.26, but when I click the "Update" button I get the error "App Catalog installation in progress, please try again later."

The problem is that there is no installation in progress, I've gone through all my apps and do not see any that have failed installation or download.

In a thread Rod Whitby suggested running the following command to determine what the issue is:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appInstallService/status '{}'
    When I run that command, here is what I get back:

Code:
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "status": { "apps": [ { "id": "org.webosinternals.preware", "details": { "version": "", "title": "", "vendor": "", "vendorUrl": "", "catalogId": -1, "client": "", "state": "removing" } } ] }, "returnValue": true }
    So, what is this saying? It is stuck trying to remove Preware? Although that does not make sense since App Catalog has nothing to do with Preware.

Any thoughts? How can I proceed?
    I had to use Webos quick install 3.01 to remove preware and reinstall it and my problem was gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I have been trying to update Preware from 0.9.24 to 0.9.26, but when I click the "Update" button I get the error "App Catalog installation in progress, please try again later."

The problem is that there is no installation in progress, I've gone through all my apps and do not see any that have failed installation or download.

In a thread Rod Whitby suggested running the following command to determine what the issue is:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appInstallService/status '{}'
    When I run that command, here is what I get back:

Code:
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "status": { "apps": [ { "id": "org.webosinternals.preware", "details": { "version": "", "title": "", "vendor": "", "vendorUrl": "", "catalogId": -1, "client": "", "state": "removing" } } ] }, "returnValue": true }
    So, what is this saying? It is stuck trying to remove Preware? Although that does not make sense since App Catalog has nothing to do with Preware.

Any thoughts? How can I proceed?
    Preware 0.9.26 is released, and it has been updated to ignore the above which seems to be something weird happening in the appInstallService.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals