Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

3 out of 3 hunks ignored.

This is for Hide-App-Vendors but everything is the same except 1out of 1 hunks on Personal-Avatar-Left-Side.

Do you need info from the webos-patches log?
    yes, please

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Boy, I would love to install these updates, but I am getting the "App Catalog installation in progress..." error message with trying to do anything within Preware.

Anyone know how to get rid of this? Nothing in the App Catalog shows in progress, or download failed, etc.
    Hey Mikey... check out this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2220152
    I'm also having issues with the app catalog. I think Shadavis08 said his was broken, too. The only apps I can see are the ones in "Featured" or the ones in the shopping bag. I'm sure it's probably related to Hide App Vendors (which was working fine before I ran AUPT-3) as every time I touch that option in the drop down menu it just closes the drop down menu! I sooo don't want to Doctor again...is there any easier way to restore the app catalog and/or remove the corrupted patch?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I cannot no matter what I do, get the first two to delete ,

org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-data-in-device-menu
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-gps-in-device-menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I have those 2 and app vendor stuck right now !
    how did you get this list anyways ???
    I had these two Top Bar patches stuck too... I ended up doing an EPR then manually reinstalling all of my patches again.

Also had the app vendor stuck issue, check out this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2220152
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    yes, please

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 276 (offset 87 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1579.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css.rej

----------------------------------
    dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs,
    which does not exist! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    The next patch, when reversed, would delete the file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html,
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1579.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css.rej

Installation FAILED!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors:
    app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Tue Feb 16 13:27:47 MST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-personal-avatar-left-side/messaging-personal-avatar-left-side.patch

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 1432 (offset 23 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 617 (offset 4 lines).
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 626.
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 642 (offset 5 lines).
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej

Installation FAILED!
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-personal-avatar-left-side
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-personal-avatar-left-side:
    messaging-personal-avatar-left-side.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***

I have epr'ed web recovered and doctored and these have not been removed so far.have not tried web recorve with overide yet that's next. The last resort is a full erase
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    wow talk about a post ha ha ha ha!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #68  
    spudland, no idea how you got into the state where some files of the patch are applied and others are not. I don't know the details of the specific patch but you may want to do the following:

Doctor, and then run ESE. It will ensure you start with all stock files and then re-run all the postinsts to get services working and patches applied.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    spudland, no idea how you got into the state where some files of the patch are applied and others are not. I don't know the details of the specific patch but you may want to do the following:

Doctor, and then run ESE. It will ensure you start with all stock files and then re-run all the postinsts to get services working and patches applied.
    If I go straight to the doctor do I need to do EPR or remove boot logo patch, etc. or won't the doc take care of that for me? Also, do I need to doc back to 1.2.1 or go straight to 1.3.5.1?

10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    If I go straight to the doctor do I need to do EPR or remove boot logo patch, etc. or won't the doc take care of that for me? Also, do I need to doc back to 1.2.1 or go straight to 1.3.5.1?
    Don't doctor to 1.2.1 unless you want to lose all your media stuff and have to reinstall everything manually.

I recommend doctor to 1.3.5.1 (which keeps everything in media including the apps and ipkg data) and then run ESE to re apply all the advanced homebrew stuff. Don't EPR unless you want to manually re-install each patch, and I know you have a lot :P

-Eric G

Donate
    Whew! Updated my 17 patches (one at a time, because paranoid is just how I roll), and when I checked my log, I saw that two patches I uninstalled the other day were still listed as AUPT-1. So I installed, then uninstalled the both of them, and all is well now! I'm really glad I didn't totally patch out my Pre yet! I couldn't imagine doing this 100 times!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I have 40 patches and when I updated them to aupt the first time it was no fun. Had a bunch of errors to fix, so my question is do I need to update to the newest version? Am I still ok with the aupt 1 and ota upgrade 1.4 (when/if it comes out) and all I will need to do is remove my theme before 1.4 upgrade?
    what if I use recover utility with overide compatibility will this remove those stuck patches?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    My .webosinternals.patch list shows both of these:

org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x4-icons-v1 aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-5x4-icons-v2 aupt-3

However Preware or WQI lists only 5x4 v2 as installed.
    Is this a problem? How do I correct it?

TIA.
    Last edited by RMB; 02/16/2010 at 05:50 PM.
    It appears that I am having a similar issue to some other people. My .webosinternals.patch lists these at the top of my list.

ca.canucksoftware.patches.auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot aupt-1
    Was installed but disappeared with the newest update

org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enable-personal-avatar aupt-1
    Hasn't work for awhile and has been uninstalled for a few weeks now.

org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-remove-icon-titles aupt-1
    Tried and removed it a few days ago.

org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v3 aupt-1
    Tried and removed it a few days ago

org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v4-no-arrows-plus-more aupt-1
    Tried and removed it a few days ago

I have checked them in QI and QI doesn't list them as installed. When I try to install them it gives me an error.

What should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I'm getting an error with the vk it doesn't let it update. Deleting then installing again.
    go into USB Mode.......remove the VK file then re-install
  17. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    You should be able to via update all in Preware yes

Arrggg! Ran this morning and updated all (47 patches). The one patch that failed was the Virtual Keyboard. Not even the cleanup patch is helping. Crossing my fingers that I can get it working again without doctoring, like last time.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    good luck i'm stuck there too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I cannot no matter what I do, get the first two to delete ,

org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-data-in-device-menu
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-gps-in-device-menu
    Try uninstall other device-menu-related patches then them again.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I'm a little confused...

I updated my patches to ver 2 on Sunday (using EPR, then manually installing all patches again).

I then updated all 26+- patches to ver 3 automatically via PreWare yesterday.

Checked my .webosinternals.patches.packages and all patches indicated ver 3.

However, I ran the Emergency File Verification and it indicated ver 2 on everything.

Should I just EPR now and manually install all the patches again?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast