Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    Who knows what do do when PreWare thinks you have a patch installed when you actually don't have that one installed, and it keeps reminding you to upgrade it but the upgrade always fails. Oh, and remove fails for the same reason.
    This is the same exact problem I am having. I ran the EPR but it still shows the 4x4 v1 patch installed.
    I'm having this issue to did you try using web is QI to install and uninstall?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    All Mine are reading version 1 (except those I have very recently installed). Awhile ago, they were all waiting to be updated, so I did most with the update all and several had to be updated manually. Turns out, this never really happened.
    All the patches I have installed as version 1 are visible in preware, but I get errors if I try to install them.

Should I uninstall/reinstall them all, or is there a migration tool, or something similar I can use?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    Preware thinks that it is already installed and therefore will not allow me to install it.
    try using webos quick installer and maybe that will work. It will give you an error but usually still installs and uninstalls but not always. I have 3 or 4 stick as of this update lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I cannot no matter what I do, get the first two to delete ,

org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-data-in-device-menu
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-gps-in-device-menu

ca.canucksoftware.patches.auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot aupt-1

org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v1 aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-add-roam-control-to-prefs aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-audio-video-attachments aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-capture-with-volume-keys aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-enable-add-delete-pages aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-enable-dialpad-vibration aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-enable-led-notifications aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-match-state-to-area-code aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-swipe-to-delete-videos aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-unthrottle-download-manager aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-video-downloads aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-builtin aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-roam-only-in-device-menu aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all aupt-3
    I have those 2 and app vendor stuck right now !
    how did you get this list anyways ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Go into USB , open the file with word pad or something similar.

ANY help................. Jason / Rod .........HELP
    Tried QI , do not want to erase everything with EPR , dont think this qualifies for a trip to the doctor.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2225461-post22.html

It's also good for getting a list of your total patches installed.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    You can also get this list right on the phone itself if you have the Terminal app installed:

cd /media/internal
    cat .webosinternals.patches.packages
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Go into USB , open the file with word pad or something similar.

ANY help................. Jason / Rod .........HELP
    Tried QI , do not want to erase everything with EPR , dont think this qualifies for a trip to the doctor.
    I opened that file with note pad but they were all listed in one continious line and hard to read lol that's why I was asking where the list is or how you got it.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I'm having this issue to did you try using web is QI to install and uninstall?
    Thanks so much ....using QI worked.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I opened that file with note pad but they were all listed in one continious line and hard to read lol that's why I was asking where the list is or how you got it.
    There's your problem. He said word pad or similar.
    When I opened Preware to update all of my patches, the patches line was light grey, would not open and also there was no updates for all of my installed patches. Hooked my Pre up to my laptop, hit charge only and when I opened webOSQI, webOSQI updated, then I reinstalled Preware and Package Manager Service with webOSQI, unhooked my Pre and opened Preware again and all of the updates were there. Everything updated but VK, uninstalled it usinging Preware and then reinstalled it again, everything is good now, Thanks egaudet! Will donate.
    Ok guys when I launched Preware today I notice all of my patches were due for an update, so what I did was a EPR removing all of my patches. I tried reinstalling every patch individually, I'd say about 95% of the patches installed without a problem.

There were a few patches that were broken (e.i. VKB, Multi Mod (Browser), and iphone patch (messaging)

For those having ipkg error when installing old patches (ex. VKB), this is what I did to get them working again and hopefully I works for you guys too.

1. As a precaution I revert my theme back to default
    2. I ran EPR and made sure all the patches were removed
    3. I then ran ERU (Emergency Reconstruction Utility) then EMH (Migration Helper)
    4. I then ran WebOS Repair Utility (use the search bar and you shall find it)
    -Make sure you have WebOS Doctor with your current firmware (my case 1.3.5.1)
    -Before you click scan/repair go into options and check override compatibility
    -Then click scan/repair...and hit restore(all) if you get a promp
    4. After WebOS Repair Utility is complete it would reset your phone
    5. Launch Preware again and try installing the patches again (I tried VKB first and it installed without a problem) then I installed the others again without a problem

Well hope this works for you guys because it did for me
    To everyone who is getting an ipkg error when installing patches (e.i. VKB) trying EPR then WebOS Repair Utility. Go into options and check override compatibility before you scan/repair. If you get a prompt click restore(all) after about 10mins it should complete and reset your phone. Try relaunching Preware and see if the patches you had a problem with is installing cleanly.

We I am not saying it's going to work for everyone but it did for me. Thanks Egaudet!!
    I have 70 patches on my phone of which 68 are now AUPT-3 but 2 are AUPT-1. For whatever reason Hide-App-Vendors and Personal-Avatar-Left-Side are on my phone (which is great 'cuz I like them both) but Preware & WOSQI only give me the option to install...not delete. I tried many times in both to get them "officially" installed but they always error out to previously detected patch or something like that. Any ideas on how to fix? Eric, since they are AUPT-1 are they okay to just leave alone for the 1.4 update?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I have 70 patches on my phone of which 68 are now AUPT-3 but 2 are AUPT-1. For whatever reason Hide-App-Vendors and Personal-Avatar-Left-Side are on my phone (which is great 'cuz I like them both) but Preware & WOSQI only give me the option to install...not delete. I tried many times in both to get them "officially" installed but they always error out to previously detected patch or something like that. Any ideas on how to fix? Eric, since they are AUPT-1 are they okay to just leave alone for the 1.4 update?
    What specific error do you get trying to install them?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I would remove them before the 1.4 update just to be safe.

Edit:
    "Nope, aupt-1 is fine." Quote from egaudet
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 02/16/2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Update
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    What specific error do you get trying to install them?
    ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh

Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]

Apply anyway? [n]

3 out of 3 hunks ignored.

This is for Hide-App-Vendors but everything is the same except 1out of 1 hunks on Personal-Avatar-Left-Side.

Do you need info from the webos-patches log?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I just hit update all and my phone said it needed to reboot, so I ok'd it and for the past hour the phone has been stuck on the PALM boot screen. What should I do???
    Quote Originally Posted by bc921043 View Post
    I just hit update all and my phone said it needed to reboot, so I ok'd it and for the past hour the phone has been stuck on the PALM boot screen. What should I do???
    Pull the battery and wait 30 seconds, may have to do this more than once.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast