Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    I tried updating ~32 patches in Preware, but only a few were successful when using "update all". I then successfully updated a couple individually, bringing the # down to 26 patches. After a luna restart, MY LAUNCHER IS EMPTY. No Universal Search, and no apps besides what's on quick launch. I can't switch to DevMode, so WOSQI and Doctor can't see my Pre Plus. I have no idea what to do now.
    if you click on the top link in my signature it will help you get into usb mode for web doctor
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Bump, haven't seen an answer to this, how is this done?
    1. Plug in your Pre to your PC with a usb lead.
    2. Put the Pre into USB mode.
    3. Find the file called ".webosinternals.patches.packages" in the 'root' or top directory and read it's contents with a simple text reader.

It should list all your patches, and each one will have the AUPT status at the end of the line.

ie

aupt-1
    aupt-2
    aupt-3
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Ran the "Update All" after removing the VKB individually... all went well.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    ca.canucksoftware.patches.hide-quick-launch-bar-in-launcher aupt-2

Installed with WOSQI as it's not available from Preware.

Is this file OK, as it's still showing as aupt-2 after I did the version 3 update.

BTW, All my other patches are now showing as aupt-3
    I have the same one, just remove and install it through webos QI and it shold then be aupt-3. Worked for me.
    Think my webosinternals.patches.packages file is wrong, 7 of my patches updated fine.
    I have 4x4 icons v2 at aupt-1 although I didn't think it was installed as I have v3 at aupt-3.
    Messaging-audio-viseo-attachments aupt 1-0
    calendar-snooze-duration-selection aupt 1-0
    app-launcher-hide-quick-launch-bar aupt 1-0
    these last 3 and 4x4 v2 don't even show up as installed in WOSQI

Now what do I do ?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Think my webosinternals.patches.packages file is wrong, 7 of my patches updated fine.
    I have 4x4 icons v2 at aupt-1 although I didn't think it was installed as I have v3 at aupt-3.
    Messaging-audio-viseo-attachments aupt 1-0
    calendar-snooze-duration-selection aupt 1-0
    app-launcher-hide-quick-launch-bar aupt 1-0
    these last 3 and 4x4 v2 don't even show up as installed in WOSQI

Now what do I do ?
    I'm curious if this file shows a history of the patches that have been installed on your phone since AUPT came out. I looked at my file and it lists 3 patches that I have previously had on my phone since AUPT came out but have since removed (prior to updating to aupt-3). Those 3 files are listed as "aupt-1".

It also correctly lists the 6 patches that I have installed currently as "aupt-3".

Any insight on the information in this file? Does it indeed contain historical AUPT information as well as current information?

Also, for what it's worth, after updating my patches as well as the VKB (all of which went off without a hitch) I have seen no issues.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Installing Now.... Ill post how it goes.... BTW I have 53 patches

EDIT: Had to remove command line and memos patch then continue....

EDIT 2: All patches installed perfectly but I still cannot get the iPhone messaging with avatars to install properly with no errors.... Does anyone have an idea??
    Last edited by nelly04; 02/16/2010 at 09:28 AM.
    Boy, I would love to install these updates, but I am getting the "App Catalog installation in progress..." error message with trying to do anything within Preware.

Anyone know how to get rid of this? Nothing in the App Catalog shows in progress, or download failed, etc.
    I got all of mine updated with no problems. Granted there were only 7, so it was not a big deal. I did notice that the "Set week view as default" check box seemed to disappear from WOSQI system mods checklist. It still works, and it shows up as aupt-3 in the webosinternals file.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    I'm curious if this file shows a history of the patches that have been installed on your phone since AUPT came out. I looked at my file and it lists 3 patches that I have previously had on my phone since AUPT came out but have since removed (prior to updating to aupt-3). Those 3 files are listed as "aupt-1".

It also correctly lists the 6 patches that I have installed currently as "aupt-3".

Any insight on the information in this file? Does it indeed contain historical AUPT information as well as current information?

Also, for what it's worth, after updating my patches as well as the VKB (all of which went off without a hitch) I have seen no issues.
    I definately have the hide quick launch patch installed although that is one that is showing up as aupt 1-0.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nelly04 View Post
    Installing Now.... Ill post how it goes.... BTW I have 53 patches

EDIT: Had to remove command line and memos patch then continue....

EDIT 2: All patches installed perfectly but I still cannot get the iPhone messaging with avatars to install properly with no errors.... Does anyone have an idea??
    Ok so after the update to AUPT-3, I was able to install the iPhone messaging with avatars no problem!!!! All I can say is
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors
    org.webosinternals.patches.add-onscreen-keyboard
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-audio-video-attachments aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-improved-filename-format aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-no-auto-refresh-after-idle aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.contacts-scrim-contacts aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-swipe-to-delete-videos aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-mega-mix aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-black-font-in-launcher aupt-1
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-fullscreen-mode-browser aupt-1

A couple questions on these patches.

1. The first ones show no aupt number and they are patches I have had but have uninstalled and no longer use. Is this just a record of these patches or are they still installed? Will they cause an issue with the Web 1.4 update?

2. There are still some aupt 1 patches that I also thought I had uninstalled such as the full screen browser, black font in launcher, scrim contacts, and no auto-refresh in browser that still show up. The other aupt 1 patches I do currently use. How should I update those remaining ones that Preware didn't update? How do I get rid of the aupt 1 patches I thought were uninstalled?

Thanks

Edit...I noticed that Preware says I have only 19 patches installed and all 19 of those are have been updated to aupt 3. I had recently doctored my phone in the last couple of weeks so maybe I didn't reinstall those aupt 1 patches yet they are still showing. This brings me back to my original question of whether that just shows a log of patches you have installed and that the only ones to be concerned about are the ones that Preware says you have installed?
    Last edited by Superjudge; 02/16/2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    update feeds by going into the top menu , you may not have it set to update every time you open preware. Also make sure the feed are set to on as well.
    That did the trick, thanks Shadavis08! Weird thing is, I have mine set to update the feeds on launch. Oh well, it is working now. Thanks again, clicking the thanks button momentarily...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I've had this happen before when installing a theme. A reboot has always brought the launcher back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    I tried updating ~32 patches in Preware, but only a few were successful when using "update all". I then successfully updated a couple individually, bringing the # down to 26 patches. After a luna restart, MY LAUNCHER IS EMPTY. No Universal Search, and no apps besides what's on quick launch. I can't switch to DevMode, so WOSQI and Doctor can't see my Pre Plus. I have no idea what to do now.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    This brings me back to my original question of whether that just shows a log of patches you have installed and that the only ones to be concerned about are the ones that Preware says you have installed?
    It isn't a log per se, but it's not a robust guaranteed accurate file. It's more of a helper file for recovery things like EPR. As long as all the installed patches are aupt-3 you should be fine. If it bugs anyone to see extra packages in that file, just install and then remove that package and it should be removed correctly from that packages file.

As long as you are sure to update your feeds and have the latest available version of your patches installed, you should be set.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Who knows what do do when PreWare thinks you have a patch installed when you actually don't have that one installed, and it keeps reminding you to upgrade it but the upgrade always fails. Oh, and remove fails for the same reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOj View Post
    That did the trick, thanks Shadavis08! Weird thing is, I have mine set to update the feeds on launch. Oh well, it is working now. Thanks again, clicking the thanks button momentarily...
    glad I could help!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    Who knows what do do when PreWare thinks you have a patch installed when you actually don't have that one installed, and it keeps reminding you to upgrade it but the upgrade always fails. Oh, and remove fails for the same reason.
    you should try installing the patch then uninstalling . If that does not work, then try this using webos QI . After that the emergency patch removal might work and if not that then web doctor to the rescue. Lol
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 02/16/2010 at 10:52 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I cannot no matter what I do, get the first two to delete ,

org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-data-in-device-menu
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-gps-in-device-menu

ca.canucksoftware.patches.auto-enable-ip-forwarding-in-mobile-hotspot aupt-1

org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v1 aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-add-roam-control-to-prefs aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-audio-video-attachments aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-battery-percent-as-icon aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-call-duration-in-call-log aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.camera-capture-with-volume-keys aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-enable-add-delete-pages aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-enable-dialpad-vibration aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-enable-led-notifications aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-match-state-to-area-code aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-sms-tone-per-contact aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.video-player-swipe-to-delete-videos aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-unthrottle-download-manager aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.youtube-video-downloads aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-builtin aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-roam-only-in-device-menu aupt-3
    org.webosinternals.patches.email-read-delete-all aupt-3
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you should try installing the patch then uninstalling . If that does not work, then try this using webos QI . After that the emergency patch removal might work and if not that then web doctor to the rescue. Lol
    Preware thinks that it is already installed and therefore will not allow me to install it.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast