Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Installing this package will check that all patches are installed with the latest patch technology. It will then check that all Palm stock files are modified and backed up by latest aupt technology.

If anything is modified outside of aupt the package will give an error on install and log which packages/files have been modified with something other than the latest aupt technology.
    Last edited by egaudet; 02/16/2010 at 12:10 AM.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    where do i get this at?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    where do i get this at?
    List of everything, then search Emergency.
    got it thanks !!? didnt know it would be there so quickly lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    do you have to remove it or does it remove itself after check?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9102 View Post
    do you have to remove it or does it remove itself after check?
    Removes itself

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    And this is ran AFTER updating patches to AUPT-3?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    got the following error when trying to install EFV

Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Did you uninstall then reinstall your patches first?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    And this is ran AFTER updating patches to AUPT-3?
    If you run it with aupt-2 patches installed it will show you which ones they are. After updating all to aupt-3 it will show you all files that aren't stock and do not have a backup file generated from aupt-1 or aupt-3 patch technology.

Something like messaging plugin has a patch that modifies stock files that is currently outside of aupt. Themes may change stock images too which will show up here too.

-Eric G

Donate
  11.    #11  
    What other advanced homebrew do you have installed. Also what is the entire file path of that /lib/modules file

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Did you uninstall then reinstall your patches first?
    I did not uninstall my patches.
    took a long time to download endlessly spinning a circle so I did back gesture (meta tap) and it hung for a few seconds and then showed a screen saying it was installed (with info abt version etc). It asked me if I wanted to remove it.

I am confused as I thought it removes itself?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    took a long time to download endlessly spinning a circle so I did back gesture (meta tap) and it hung for a few seconds and then showed a screen saying it was installed (with info abt version etc). It asked me if I wanted to remove it.

I am confused as I thought it removes itself?
    It does but since it does it in the script, preware doesn't know it's gone until you update feeds. It may take a little bit to run because it is checking the md5sums of all stock files.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    What other advanced homebrew do you have installed. Also what is the entire file path of that /lib/modules file
    For patches, I only have multi-mod. For services, I have led, upstart and package manager. The /lib/modules seems to be left over from when I tried the free mytether that broke with 1.3.5. I tried to fix it with WQI Repair Ultility and uploading sd8xxx.ko to the pre but was unsuccessful. Full path is /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/sd8xxx.ko.
  16.    #16  
    For patches, I only have multi-mod. For services, I have led, upstart and package manager. The /lib/modules seems to be left over from when I tried the free mytether that broke with 1.3.5. I tried to fix it with WQI Repair Ultility and uploading sd8xxx.ko to the pre but was unsuccessful. Full path is /lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/net/wifi/sd8xxx.ko.
    You should repair that file, if Repair Utility isn't working for it, extract it right from the doctor and send it over.

I'm curious as to the contents of the other 2 files.

-Eric G

Donate
  17.    #17  
    Please come to IRC channel #webos-internals on freenode.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Please come to IRC channel #webos-internals on freenode.
    Haven't used irc in a long time so I'll go get a client first.
    So I ran EFV and i get the ipkg error. it says "File: /usr/bin/PmNetConfigManager" is the problem, so how do I update this? All of my patches are up to date in prewares eyes.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    So I ran EFV and i get the ipkg error. it says "File: /usr/bin/PmNetConfigManager" is the problem, so how do I update this? All of my patches are up to date in prewares eyes.
    That file is not touched by a patch, must be a different advanced homebrew package.

-Eric G

Donate
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast