Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    @ egaudet
    If people don't want to try and fix each patch with web repair. Would the best way to fix everything be to just webdoc the phone back to 1.3.5.1 and reinstall all the patches via preware so that each patch is updated with aupt 3?
    - Skinneejay -
    Ok, this is slightly worrying.....
    My pre is less than 2 weeks old and so the preware packages i installed are of the same age.
    All i have/had installed as follows

4 x 4 icons v3
    Change number of bookmarks
    Unthrottle download
    SMS tone by contact
    SMS vibrate 1 1/2 second vibrate
    Unhide devmode icon
    GestureClick Context Menu

I also have installed DrPodder. I removed all the patches and then ran EPR just to be certain, i then re-installed all the above except unhide devmode icon and ran EFV, i get the following error,

Postinst
    Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /usr/bin/passthrud
    File: /usr/bin/mpt
    File: /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.usbpassthrough.service
    File: /etc/passthru/gadget-enter-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/gadget-exit-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/dun-enter-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/dun-exit-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/serial-enter-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/serial-exit-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/modemusb-enter-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/modemusb-exit-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/modemuart-enter-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/modemuart-exit-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/udev/mount.blacklist

Apart from the above mentioned the phone is stock with nothing else installed apart from a few free apps from the official Apps cat.

Any ideas if this is a problem and if so what can i do to fix it??

By the way its a UK GSM O2 Pre

Thanks for your help.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    @ egaudet
    If people don't want to try and fix each patch with web repair. Would the best way to fix everything be to just webdoc the phone back to 1.3.5.1 and reinstall all the patches via preware so that each patch is updated with aupt 3?
    Web repair is usually not needed, but yes doctor and reinstall is a good way to ensure aupt-3 patches. The steps I personally would take if going this route would be:

Remove .webosinternals.patches.packages file
    Doctor Phone
    Install ESE

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    reinstall it
    So I removed led notifications and then ran the EFV. I still get the same error message. I installed led notificatons again and still the same error. Sigh. I soo dont want to doctor the phone. Everything works just fine now.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    So I removed led notifications and then ran the EFV. I still get the same error message. I installed led notificatons again and still the same error. Sigh. I soo dont want to doctor the phone. Everything works just fine now.
    uninstall the package then remove the line from the .webosinternals.patches.packages file and see if EFV complains about any files.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    uninstall the package then remove the line from the .webosinternals.patches.packages file and see if EFV complains about any files.
    Im not familiar with what you just said. What do you mean by uninstalling the package and the line from the .webosinternals.patches.packages file. How do I go about doing that?
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    Im not familiar with what you just said. What do you mean by uninstalling the package and the line from the .webosinternals.patches.packages file. How do I go about doing that?
    step 1, uninstall package via preware or QI
    step 2, put in USB mode and open .webosinternals.patches.packages file in favorite text editor
    step 3, remove line that contains package from error message
    step 4, run EFV

-Eric G

Donate
    i am having the same issue with led notification and getting those same errors. i have run epr and when i get a text i am still getting led notification. And when running efr i get all the same errors.
    step 1, uninstall package via preware or QI
    step 2, put in USB mode and open .webosinternals.patches.packages file in favorite text editor
    step 3, remove line that contains package from error message
    step 4, run EFV
    When you say uninstall package do you mean the led notification patch?

When I open webosinternals.patches.packages in notepad I see the following 2 lines with led notifications in it. Which one do I delete from notepad?

org.webosinternals.patches.enable-led-notifications
    org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-enable-led-notifications aupt-3
    Really final edit for the night:

I ran EFV, had some issues, got most of them fixed. This is what I currently have:

******* Patch Log Created by EFV Thu Feb 18 21:32:27 CST 2010 ************
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Emergency File Verification Thu Feb 18 21:32:27 CST 2010

Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /etc/udev/mount.blacklist

That's it! Got all my other issues fixed. I understand the blacklist issue is being looked into.
    Last edited by Trekker; 02/18/2010 at 09:39 PM.
    reinstall patches that touch those files (and then remove if you don't want them)

(e.g. messaging notification repeat and landscape messaging)
    Kudos again... did this for the 5 'stock file backed up' detections, and it worked... ie re-installed the patches that had been previously removed, and removed them again; and removed the installed patches and re-installed, and that cleared the errors.

I'm down to only two; the usual suspects: blacklist, and devmode!!

Thanks again
    I have no advice for mount.blacklist because we do not know what touches that as of yet.
    Trawling around google, it looks like that is a command used to prevent the mounting of an sd card. At one stage Palm were developing the pre to have an sd slot, so may have programmed sd card mount functionality; and then blacklisted it?
    Just a thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    Ok, this is slightly worrying.....
    My pre is less than 2 weeks old and so the preware packages i installed are of the same age.
    All i have/had installed as follows

4 x 4 icons v3
    Change number of bookmarks
    Unthrottle download
    SMS tone by contact
    SMS vibrate 1 1/2 second vibrate
    Unhide devmode icon
    GestureClick Context Menu

I also have installed DrPodder. I removed all the patches and then ran EPR just to be certain, i then re-installed all the above except unhide devmode icon and ran EFV, i get the following error,

Postinst
    File: /usr/bin/passthrud
    File: /usr/bin/mpt
    File: /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.palm.usbpassthrough.service
    File: /etc/passthru/gadget-enter-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/gadget-exit-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/dun-enter-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/dun-exit-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/serial-enter-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/serial-exit-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/modemusb-enter-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/modemusb-exit-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/modemuart-enter-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/modemuart-exit-hook
    File: /etc/passthru/udev/mount.blacklist

Apart from the above mentioned the phone is stock with nothing else installed apart from a few free apps from the official Apps cat.

Any ideas if this is a problem and if so what can i do to fix it??

By the way its a UK GSM O2 Pre

Thanks for your help.
    Any news on this, its a bit of a worry that i have only ever installed patches via WebOs QI 3.01 and they all show up as fine via EFV but i get the above error regarding other stock files!!!! what could have caused this (i do have DrPodder installed?)
    Im worried that with 1.4 imminent my Pre could end up screwed :-(
    Should i doctor or run webos repair?
    If i DO need to doctor or repair any pointers for a pc savvy but pre noobie?

Many thanks for your help

Sharpcroft
    I am having the same problems, all of the same errors. i have run epr, and now i have uninstalled preware and any other package updates or services or any programs that may play a part in it. now i am running the repair tool which i am not even sure is working. does anybody else know what is going on with this?

also i am still having an issue with the led notification. like i said i ran epr and it still was there. i installed it and uninstalled it and i am still getting the notification. i show no patches installed.
    Just noticed something else really wierd, i was just sending a SMS and went to add a smiley but they have vanished from the symbol menu??
    These are not "patch" smileys just the standard :-) :-( ;-) that were included as stock!!!!
    Is it time to visit the doctor and start again?? if so any good guides?
    Ta
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    I am having the same problems, all of the same errors. i have run epr, and now i have uninstalled preware and any other package updates or services or any programs that may play a part in it. now i am running the repair tool which i am not even sure is working. does anybody else know what is going on with this?

also i am still having an issue with the led notification. like i said i ran epr and it still was there. i installed it and uninstalled it and i am still getting the notification. i show no patches installed.
    regarding the led notifications, when you install it you have to go to the screen/lock settings and turn it off and then uninstall it. My understanding is that the functionality is built in to webos but turned off by default and the patch just adds the ability to turn it on/off....hope this helps
    That worked thank you very much, anyone know anything about the other issue above and all the errors?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    That's it! Got all my other issues fixed. I understand the blacklist issue is being looked into.
    Same for me. I was thinking the blacklist issue may have been caused by a patch that you would have installed and removed before AUPT and when installed patches were listed in /media/internal/.webosinternals.patches.packages since I noticed I had to install and remove any patches in that list that weren't installed with AUPT 3, even though I wasn't using them. It turns out I was either wrong, or forgot one of them. Also webos repair utility with override patches enabled does not fix the blacklist error either, but I have yet to see any problems caused by it besides the annoyance of being able to run EFV error-free.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I am also getting the mount.blacklist error (which I understand is being looked into) as well as /usr/bin/PmNetConfigManager. I've attached a screenshot of the error if anyone can help me figure it out. I've uninstalled all my patches, then reinstalled (and ran EFV before during and after) as well as ran the repair utility with no errors and I get these same two files every time I run the EFV.

Please let me know if there is anything I can or need to do to get this fixed.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I ran EFV and errored out on the Messaging-Left-Side-Avatar patch....says I need to remove it but Preware & WOSQI both show it as available and won't give me the option to remove...how can I get rid of this so I can put it back on "clean"? Also can't update Hide App Vendors patch and it won't uninstall....crap! I love both these patches and have 70 patches on my phone but getting tired of the Doctor because I don't think I fully understand what I need to do to "start over with a clean slate" and not have to create a new Palm profile so I lose all my paid apps!

patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej

----------------------------------
    Installation FAILED!
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-personal-avatar-left-side
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-personal-avatar-left-side:
    messaging-personal-avatar-left-side.patch
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***

Emergency File Verification Fri Feb 19 22:46:29 MST 2010
    Detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled in order to maintain correct handling of auto-update and OTA compatibility:
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-personal-avatar-left-side aupt-1

PATCH INSTALLATION Fri Feb 19 22:48:16 MST 2010
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-personal-avatar-left-side/messaging-personal-avatar-left-side.patch

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 1432 (offset 23 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 617 (offset 4 lines).
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 632.
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 652 (offset 5 lines).
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej

Installation FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-personal-avatar-left-side
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-personal-avatar-left-side:
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***

PATCH INSTALLATION Fri Feb 19 22:51:03 MST 2010
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-personal-avatar-left-side/messaging-personal-avatar-left-side.patch

Dry run patch attempt...
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 1432 (offset 23 lines).
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 617 (offset 4 lines).
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 632.
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 652 (offset 5 lines).

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.

Installation FAILED!
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***

PATCH REMOVAL Fri Feb 19 22:51:20 MST 2010
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors/app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.patch

Checking md5sums
    Palm md5sum when installed: 0a74eeaa3c998a80efd931602d538b2e
    Getting md5sum from Palm package: com.palm.app.findapps
    md5sum: 0a74eeaa3c998a80efd931602d538b2e
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Palm md5sum when installed:
    md5sum:
    md5sum:
    Found created file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs
    Palm md5sum when installed: b894edaedbcc1a7d855cb08c481c7789
    md5sum: b894edaedbcc1a7d855cb08c481c7789
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    md5sum:
    md5sum:
    Found created file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs
    md5sum:
    md5sum:
    Found created file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html
    Palm md5sum when installed: 57e5eee5118bcb32c2c0686cf9d0093d
    md5sum: 57e5eee5118bcb32c2c0686cf9d0093d
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    Palm md5sum when installed: e61585f2002133f7826878611ec52179
    md5sum: e61585f2002133f7826878611ec52179
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html
    Palm md5sum when installed: 9d18dcbdee5ec0d7c23e75618ec3da97
    md5sum: 9d18dcbdee5ec0d7c23e75618ec3da97
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    Palm md5sum when installed: 6f2cba9446169293315aa8e5b1b21989
    md5sum: 6f2cba9446169293315aa8e5b1b21989
    Found modified file: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css

Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1579.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css.rej

dry run failed, checking if applying entire patch would succeed
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 276 (offset 87 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/hide-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/controllers/search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/model/hide-list.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/hide/hide-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/app/views/search/search-appsummary.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/index-default.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/sources.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 1579.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/stylesheets/appcatalog.css.rej

Removal FAILED!
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-catalog-hide-app-vendors:
    app-catalog-hide-app-vendors.patch
    md5sums
    package_list
    *** FAILED ***
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast