Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 236
  1. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #41  
    I'm a little lost here but I ran EFV and that which showed up in red were all my patches.

    (Listed under)
    Postinst
    Removing package EFV etc.. .
    Packages installed with unsupported patch technology
    then it basically lists all my patches each one ending in "aupt-2".

    Am I cool or screwed here?
    Everything seems to be working fine as of about 2 hours ago but aupt-3 was mentioned and I'm not sure what to think at this point..?

    *EDIT*
    Just refreshed PW and now have 38 updates to aupt-3. (I assume)

    Thanks for your rapid work/fixes! Today has just straight up been a crazy day in general in these forums eh...
    Last edited by Freshyz; 02/16/2010 at 12:36 AM.
  2. #42  
    Is it that big of of a deal if I have manually modified files without using AUPT? Shouldn't they just be overwritten by any update anyway?

    I'm just not sure why this would need to report them.
  3. #43  
    Is it that big of of a deal if I have manually modified files without using AUPT? Shouldn't they just be overwritten by any update anyway?

    I'm just not sure why this would need to report them.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Is it that big of of a deal if I have manually modified files without using AUPT? Shouldn't they just be overwritten by any update anyway?

    I'm just not sure why this would need to report them.
    Any modification outside of AUPT is up to whoever maintains those modification methods. Manual modifications are up to you to maintain. This package isn't to tell you what to do, simply lets you be aware of any files modified outside of the latest aupt technology.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Any modification outside of AUPT is up to whoever maintains those modification methods. Manual modifications are up to you to maintain. This package isn't to tell you what to do, simply lets you be aware of any files modified outside of the latest aupt technology.
    Yeah, that's what I thought, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to break anything.
  6. #46  
    im getting the mount.blacklist error as well... what is this one?
  7. #47  
    Preware updated all my patches this morning BEFORE I ran Emergency Patch Verification.

    When I ran EPV, I also got Postinst errors. Note: I have two mods done outside the AUPT ecosystem: a modified hosts file for ad-blocking, and the change-user-agent mod. I can see the hosts file listed; not sure which file(s) change-user-agent modifies - perhaps libWebKitLuna.so and mount.blacklist?

    Code:
    Modified files with no know patch backups:
    /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so
    /etc/hosts
    /etc/udev/mount.blacklist
    
    Modified files with outdated patch technology
    /etc/palm/luna.conf aupt-2
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json aupt-2
    I suspect those last two are from the only aupt-2 patch I had installed when I checked yesterday: smiley faces in symbol box. That patch is now showing as aupt-3 when I look at .webosinternals.patches.packages - are these left-over backups from the aupt-2 patch that can/should be deleted?
  8. #48  
    Since I don't get all of this, what if I just remove ALL patches, themes from my phone then reinstall after the 1.4 update....will all the patches, etc already have the updates, etc you are asking us to check for/do (aupt 4 or latest)?

    I stated earlier in the other post, I am one of those non-tech users who ventured to precentral and finally installed preware, web internals, etc, but all these codes, errors are like trying to read chinese for me.
  9. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #49  
    I just installed the EFV and only got a confirmation it was installed nothing else. What did I miss? Or does it mean I'm good ?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Preware updated all my patches this morning BEFORE I ran Emergency Patch Verification.

    When I ran EPV, I also got Postinst errors. Note: I have two mods done outside the AUPT ecosystem: a modified hosts file for ad-blocking, and the change-user-agent mod. I can see the hosts file listed; not sure which file(s) change-user-agent modifies - perhaps libWebKitLuna.so and mount.blacklist?

    Code:
    Modified files with no know patch backups:
    /usr/lib/libWebKitLuna.so
    /etc/hosts
    /etc/udev/mount.blacklist
    
    Modified files with outdated patch technology
    /etc/palm/luna.conf aupt-2
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json aupt-2
    I suspect those last two are from the only aupt-2 patch I had installed when I checked yesterday: smiley faces in symbol box. That patch is now showing as aupt-3 when I look at .webosinternals.patches.packages - are these left-over backups from the aupt-2 patch that can/should be deleted?
    Those last two are files that did not get updated when you reinstalled the patches, because patch installation detected that they already in their final patched state (ie the patch was already installed so it did not modify them). That is the reason they are flagged. I ended up removing my patches again (since the updated patches were to fix the non-removal problem) and reinstalling them, and that made AFV happy. I suspect I would have been fine without doing that, but I preferred to get everything clean.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Those last two are files that did not get updated when you reinstalled the patches, because patch installation detected that they already in their final patched state (ie the patch was already installed so it did not modify them). That is the reason they are flagged. I ended up removing my patches again (since the updated patches were to fix the non-removal problem) and reinstalling them, and that made AFV happy. I suspect I would have been fine without doing that, but I preferred to get everything clean.
    Thanks!

    I removed the smiley face patch, re-ran EPV and one of those "modified files with outdated patch technology" went away. (/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.72/resources/en_us/alternatechars_table.json aupt-2)...which makes sense as being associated with the smiley face patch.

    The other was still there (/etc/palm/luna.conf aupt-2). Not sure who modified that one; thought smiley face was my only recent patch install.

    I bit the bullet and ran EPR, agreeing with you that it's worth some effort to be sure everything is clean before 1.4 hits. That got rid of the other outdated patch-modified file. I'm still showing the 3 files changed outside of Preware, but think I understand where they come from, and am not worried about them messing up the update. Now I just need to grind through re-installing everything.
    Last edited by dwhitman; 02/16/2010 at 10:12 AM.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappy1850 View Post
    im getting the mount.blacklist error as well... what is this one?
    Has anyone figured out what this one is all about? It is the only error that I am getting at this point...sorry if it has been said already but I have looked and not found anything yet..Thanks all, really appreciated.
  13. #53  
    i like this tool thanks, gives me a bit more confidence that things are under control with my phone.

    the only error that i get thrown is that my timestamps.clean patch has unsuported technology, and this patch wont update or uninstall

    the patch works however so im not gonna doctor my phone just to correct it, i may do befor the next OS update tho
  14. Vij
    Vij is offline
    Vij's Avatar
    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    #54  
    I'm another one with "blacklist" as the only issue...

    Code:
    Modified files with no know patch backups:
    /etc/udev/mount.blacklist
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerzwyld77 View Post
    Has anyone figured out what this one is all about? It is the only error that I am getting at this point...sorry if it has been said already but I have looked and not found anything yet..Thanks all, really appreciated.
    I talked to Eric about that last night on the IRC channel. That file being modified is common, and they don't know who/what is modifying that file, but it does not appear to be a concern.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I talked to Eric about that last night on the IRC channel. That file being modified is common, and they don't know who/what is modifying that file, but it does not appear to be a concern.
    Ok great, thank you for your input. I won't worry about it then for the new update...whenever that may be.
  17. #57  
    so I take it patches that I downloaded from the patch forum and I installed with quick install don't have aupt and I still need to remove them?
  18. #58  
    I'm getting that the hide app venders is corrupt or what ever and it won't unistall or reinstall. ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    so I take it patches that I downloaded from the patch forum and I installed with quick install don't have aupt and I still need to remove them?
    If you install with QI 3.01 or later they have aupt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I'm getting that the hide app venders is corrupt or what ever and it won't unistall or reinstall. ???
    Detailed information.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  20. ahogue82's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #60  
    I have the same /mount.blacklist error, and I also have this listed under it:

    Modified files with outdated patch technology
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css apt

    I ran the EFV once before getting this, and it listed my 4x4 v3 patch as being outdated. For some reason it wasn't listed under my installed patches; so I just reinstalled it and ran the EFV again. Then I received the error above. Should I remove the 4x4 v3 and try reinstalling it again?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions