Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    ok thanks. Weirdly enough when i opened up preware and updated, it updated a few packages that I selected but would not do a java restart as it said i did not have pkg manager (which I did have).
    i opened up wosqi and uninstalled pkg manager and then re-installed it and now things seem to be fine. I think this happened to me once before so I'm curious as to why it happens.
    Maybe MyTether or something. Thanks for the quick response.
    Eric, everything went smoothly till Postinst:

Status
    Nothing Interesting.

Status
    Nothing Interesting.

Install
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Begin installation of org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification
    Installing org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification (1.1.0) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._1.1.0_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification[/COLOR]

Unlock
    Nothing Interesting.

Status
    Nothing Interesting.

Postinst
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification from root...
    Modified files with outdated patch technology

At which point it listed every single icon .png file on my phone (I have a theme which I will be removing prior to update, of course), then:

Lock
    Nothing Interesting.

Remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException:
    Failure during post-install script execution

So...did it work? Am I ok (as long as I remove the Theme, of course)?

TIA, as always, for your help and hard work.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  4.    #24  
    Yup that's the goal of EFV, to tell you all of the files that are modified outside of aupt technologies. Any package that touches palm stock files (like themes) should probably be removed prior to OTA updates.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Yup that's the goal of EFV, to tell you all of the files that are modified outside of aupt technologies. Any package that touches palm stock files (like themes) should probably be removed prior to OTA updates.
    Thought so, but I hate to assume, 'cause you know what that makes....
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    what is file:/etc/udev/mount.blacklist?

This seems to be the only issue that popped up when I tried to install EFV.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    what is file:/etc/udev/mount.blacklist?

This seems to be the only issue that popped up when I tried to install EFV.
    What are the contents of it.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    I don't know i just looked at ipk log and this is what came up. how do i figure out what the contents are?
  9.    #29  
    I don't know i just looked at ipk log and this is what came up. how do i figure out what the contents are?
    Terminal app type:

cat /etc/udev/mount.blacklist

-Eric G

Donate
    Terminal app type:

cat /etc/udev/mount.blacklist
    I got the same message so I ran the command in terminal and got:

/dev/loop
    /dev/ram
    /dev/mtdblock
    /dev/mmcblk0
    rootfs
    rootfs

another question reguarding a different error. I got this message:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json

what's that mean? I have dev mode enabled if that has something to do with it.

edit: I did a cat /usr/...

{
    "title": "DeveloperMode",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "id": "com.palm.appdevmodeswitcher",
    "noWindow": "false",
    "visible": "false"
    }
    Last edited by ChaosMarine03; 02/15/2010 at 11:14 PM.
    @chaosmarine03 what patches do you have installed? I dont have dev mode enabled.

My Patches:
    4x4 icons v3; auto-enabled IP forwarding in mobile hotspot; bypass pin; date as carrier string; mimic outlook formatting on email replies; multi mod; no auto refresh after idle; swipe to delete videos; unthrottle download manager; and wrap pages.

Let me know if any of these overlaps with yours.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    I got the same message so I ran the command in terminal and got:

/dev/loop
    /dev/ram
    /dev/mtdblock
    /dev/mmcblk0
    rootfs
    rootfs

another question reguarding a different error. I got this message:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json

what's that mean? I have dev mode enabled if that has something to do with it.
    I don't know what or who is touching the /etc/udev/mount.blacklist file but you are the second to report that. What version of webos are you on?

I don't know what you mean by " I got this message".

-Eric G

Donate
    @chaosmarine03 what patches do you have installed? I dont have dev mode enabled.

My Patches:
    4x4 icons v3; auto-enabled IP forwarding in mobile hotspot; bypass pin; date as carrier string; mimic outlook formatting on email replies; multi mod; no auto refresh after idle; swipe to delete videos; unthrottle download manager; and wrap pages.

Let me know if any of these overlaps with yours.
    I had just ran EPR before I saw this so none at the moment. The only common one I DID have installed is the unthrottle download manager patch.
    I don't know what or who is touching the /etc/udev/mount.blacklist file but you are the second to report that. What version of webos are you on?

I don't know what you mean by " I got this message".
    I meant that was another result that came up in the error log after running EFV. Any idea what it means?

Edit: I'm on Sprint 1.3.5.1
    Last edited by ChaosMarine03; 02/15/2010 at 11:33 PM.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    edit: I did a cat /usr/...

{
    "title": "DeveloperMode",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "id": "com.palm.appdevmodeswitcher",
    "noWindow": "false",
    "visible": "false"
    }
    I wouldn't worry about that one, it simply makes the dev mode switcher visible. Shouldnt' cause any issues. There is a patch to do that, you can install that patch and then remove it or keep it installed

-Eric G

Donate
    well its not the download throttle patch. I removed it i still get the same error. Any apps that could be culprit?
    well its not the download throttle patch. I removed it i still get the same error. Any apps that could be culprit?
    actually after re-reading that list I had the multi-mod aswell. Sorry it's late and my eyes are tired :/
    no go with multi-mod either.
    @egaudet what does the mount.blacklist file even do? Is it dangerous that this is being flagged for us or is it no big deal similar to the devmodelauncher?
    So I looked at my patches and only Disable Alerts for Email was aupt-2 and when I ran EFV that's the only thing listed in the error log. Does that mean I'm good to go now or am I missing a step?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast