Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I figured out one item causing an error, but I still have the following:

I searched the forums for file names to determine which patches were causing issues but did not find anything.

How can I find out what patches go with the above message?

Thanks!
    If you can't figure out what is touching root files, then I would save your package list via Preware. Then repair the entire rootfs (repair utility compatibility override mode or doctor). Then install all saved package list from Preware.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I've never visited the doctor before, I figured the day would come.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Eric,

So I spent a day off and on pouring through the forum looking for s step by step to Doctor. I am sure it is written somewhere, I can't find it.

I have completed the following"

1. Ran SaveRestore and Pre Backup Utility and saved those results to my computer just in case.
    2. I have the current version of webOSDoctor for my phone and carrier.
    3. I also have the latest webOS Repair Utility.

Can you point me to the step by step to doctoring written here somewhere?

Thanks for your help.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Eric,

So I spent a day off and on pouring through the forum looking for s step by step to Doctor. I am sure it is written somewhere, I can't find it.

I have completed the following"

1. Ran SaveRestore and Pre Backup Utility and saved those results to my computer just in case.
    2. I have the current version of webOSDoctor for my phone and carrier.
    3. I also have the latest webOS Repair Utility.

Can you point me to the step by step to doctoring written here somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

Here you go jdod, fellow Palmer. This should lead you in the right direction and answer all of your questions. Be sure to save the link for future reference.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Eric,

I ran the EFV and got this:

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification.postinst 2>&1
    Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/images/prefs-mute.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification from root...

I did change the boot logo and the ringer icon with Internalz. Can I just ignore these or will it cause a problem with the update? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    Eric,

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification.postinst 2>&1
    Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:

I did change the boot logo and the ringer icon with Internalz. Can I just ignore these or will it cause a problem with the update? Thanks in advance.
    You should ask the person who advised you to change those files. EFV will never be able to determine if random changes to files on the device using Internalz is safe. If you go changing random files, then you need to know ahead of time what the full impact of your changes is.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    Eric,

I've modified those files and the update will just over write them and you'll have to put the mod's back after the update but it won't mess up your phone.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    I've modified those files and the update will just over write them and you'll have to put the mod's back after the update but it won't mess up your phone.
    Thank You! That's what I figured would happen.
    Ran EFV on the emulator 1.4.5 pre (working on a patch using quilt), this is the ipkg log, preware 1.3.6:

Code:
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    67 8394 67 5567 0 0 8545 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 12454
    101 8394 101 8394 0 0 12832 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 18653
    identify
    org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Is there supposed to be more in the log? I removed all patches. Just the one that I am working on through quilt is applied.

I also get the following in /var/log/messages:
    Code:
    2010-09-05T13:13:31.596241Z [5548] qemux86 user.notice LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.preware: =========> Calling palmInitFramework347, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/mojo.jsjsjs:$142$
    $2010$-$09$-$05T13$:$13$:$48$.$794350Z$ [$5566$] $qemux86$ $user$.$crit$ $LunaSysMgr$: {$LunaSysMgrJS$}: $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$: $Error$: $EXCEPTION$ [$infoLoad$#$parse$ ($com$.$palm$.$app$.$agenda$)], ($SyntaxError$): &$quot$;$Unexpected$ $identifier$&$quot$;, $palmInitFramework347$:$2527$
    $2010$-$09$-$05T13$:$13$:$48$.$888600Z$ [$5566$] $qemux86$ $user$.$crit$ $LunaSysMgr$: {$LunaSysMgrJS$}: $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$: $Error$: $EXCEPTION$ [$infoLoad$#$parse$ ($ca$.$canucksoftware$.$internalz$)], ($SyntaxError$): &$quot$;$Unexpected$ $identifier$&$quot$;, $palmInitFramework347$:$2527$
    $2010$-$09$-$05T13$:$14$:$12$.$013535Z$ [$5589$] $qemux86$ $user$.$crit$ $LunaSysMgr$: {$LunaSysMgrJS$}: $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$: $Error$: $EXCEPTION$ [$infoLoad$#$parse$ ($com$.$palm$.$app$.$agenda$)], ($SyntaxError$): &$quot$;$Unexpected$ $identifier$&$quot$;, $palmInitFramework347$:$2527$
    $2010$-$09$-$05T13$:$14$:$12$.$022458Z$ [$5589$] $qemux86$ $user$.$crit$ $LunaSysMgr$: {$LunaSysMgrJS$}: $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$: $Error$: $EXCEPTION$ [$infoLoad$#$parse$ ($ca$.$canucksoftware$.$internalz$)], ($SyntaxError$): &$quot$;$Unexpected$ $identifier$&$quot$;, $palmInitFramework347$:$2527$
    $2010$-$09$-$05T13$:$15$:$03$.$717698Z$ [$5641$] $qemux86$ $user$.$crit$ $LunaSysMgr$: {$LunaSysMgrJS$}: $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$: $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $read$ $property$ '$pkg$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$/$app$/$models$/$packages$.$js$:$468$
    $2010$-$09$-$05T13$:$15$:$03$.$744674Z$ [$5641$] $qemux86$ $user$.$crit$ $LunaSysMgr$: {$LunaSysMgrJS$}: $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$: $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $read$ $property$ '$pkg$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$/$app$/$models$/$packages$.$js$:$468$
    $2010$-$09$-$05T13$:$15$:$03$.$745721Z$ [$5641$] $qemux86$ $user$.$crit$ $LunaSysMgr$: {$LunaSysMgrJS$}: $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$: $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $read$ $property$ '$pkg$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$/$app$/$models$/$packages$.$js$:$468$
    $2010$-$09$-$05T13$:$15$:$03$.$747023Z$ [$5641$] $qemux86$ $user$.$crit$ $LunaSysMgr$: {$LunaSysMgrJS$}: $org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$: $Uncaught$ $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $read$ $property$ '$pkg$' $of$ $undefined$, $file$:///$media$/$cryptofs$/$apps$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$preware$/$app$/$models$/$packages$.$js$:$468$
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Just so I'm clear: selecting EFV from the download list downloads AND runs it?
    Quote Originally Posted by revnomad View Post
    Just so I'm clear: selecting EFV from the download list downloads AND runs it?
    Yes. And it uninstalls itself when done.

-- Rod
    Will preware ever be able to run patches like internals? there are a few patches that work great that are not in preware like the invert keyboard brightness patch that i cant live without. I dont know how it gets submitted but it needs to be.
    Just curious
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Will preware ever be able to run patches like internals? there are a few patches that work great that are not in preware like the invert keyboard brightness patch that i cant live without. I dont know how it gets submitted but it needs to be.
    Just curious
    Thanks
    When you install a raw patch file using Internalz, you will never get automatically notified of updates to that patch in the future (e.g. for bug fixes or new features), nor do you automatically have that patch updated to a new ported version after a webOS OTA update when someone does the porting of that patch once for the whole community.

You can submit patches at webOS-Patches Web Portal - then they are packaged and distributed in a way which solves all the problems mentioned in the paragraph. You can also submit screenshots to show others exactly what the patch does, and thereby make your own additional contribution to the homebrew community in an easy but important way. You don't need to be the patch author to do this, but you should note in the submission who the original author is.

If you are happy instead to live with those longer-term problems, there is no other downside to using Internalz to install a raw patch file. It works well for the purpose for which it is designed, and for some circumstances may be your only choice.

So there is no reason to replicate that functionality in Preware (as that would then increase the prevalence of the problems at OTA time, rather than help solve them). The Linux philosophy is a collection of many interoperable small tools that each do one thing well. Preware's one thing is to install webOS packages, not raw patch files.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Thank you for the explination. if i can get some time i will try and figure out the submission process. there is another update for the dont pause video with screen change that hasnt been submitted yet either that i will try and do. back to my problem since the epr didnt remove all of the patches from my installed list and i cant run the efv if i do a repair utility with override when i get home will the installed packages show correctly when i start preware again?
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Thank you for the explination. if i can get some time i will try and figure out the submission process. there is another update for the dont pause video with screen change that hasnt been submitted yet either that i will try and do. back to my problem since the epr didnt remove all of the patches from my installed list and i cant run the efv if i do a repair utility with override when i get home will the installed packages show correctly when i start preware again?
    Dunno. I doubt it, but you should ask that question in the Repair Utility thread in the Canuck Coding forum.

Whatever you do, you should check your saved packages list in Preware first, and use Save/Restore to save that off to the USB drive. Then you can always use that later to automatically reinstall all your packages.

-- Rod
    I have a problem where I can't uninstall a theme that I put onto my Pre (Sprint original; yes I know, I am patiently waiting on the new phones from HP). I have attempted to run the Emergency File Verification app. However, each time I run it the app hangs on the /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/menu-icon-speaker-external.png. Any thoughts? I still can't get WebOS QI to Revert back to the original theme and I can't install a new one either. Any help would be appreciated.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112