Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    I keep getting this message:

Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.nim.app.vznavigator/framework_config.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/framework_config.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.odd/framework_config.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.updates/framework_config.json
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.wifi/framework_config.json
    File: /var/lib/software/tmp/flashing-progress.tga
    Removing packages org.webinternals.emergency-file verification from root.

How do I fix this??

Any help on this fellas? I had the logging set to minimum. Changed it back to base setting and still getting this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Themes have to be removed before OTA updating.
    I forgot to mention that I'm on the stock theme...
    I've updated EFV to version 2.2.0 - anyone who was getting erroneous results, please run it again now.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i apologize, i did not check to see if this has been posted. i am very tired and am attempting the 'easy way out' <sheepish grin>

I ran EFV the other day and now Preware doesn't show any of my patches as installed; they're still there, Preware just doesn't show them anymore. How do I recover? I tried Emer Reconstr Utility and that didnt do it.
    Even running the latest version of EFV, I am being told that I need to remove patches that I just removed and reinstalled within the last 48 hours. None of my patches are below AUPT-3, and I don't think any of them are below AUPT-4, as I have doctored within the last three months. Any clues as to why this issue is still reoccurring?

Let me know if you want me to pull any files/logs and send 'em to you.

Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1, Preware 1.1.4, EFV 2.2.1
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Even running the latest version of EFV, I am being told that I need to remove patches that I just removed and reinstalled within the last 48 hours. None of my patches are below AUPT-3, and I don't think any of them are below AUPT-4, as I have doctored within the last three months. Any clues as to why this issue is still reoccurring?

Let me know if you want me to pull any files/logs and send 'em to you.

Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1, Preware 1.1.4, EFV 2.2.1
    AUPT-3 patches are just as good as AUPT-4 patches. We added binary patching capability in -4.

Patches built for 1.4.5 will be exclusively AUPT-4 from the webos-internals patches feed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I just ran EFV 2.2.1 and still get errors regarding 5 patches that I installed to enhance ModeSwitcher's functionality. All 5 had been previously uninstalled using Preware and I have verified that the functionality that they applied is no longer present.

Here is the log:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 8334 100 8334 0 0 37548 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 81705
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification.postinst 2>&1
    Detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled in order to maintain correct handling of auto-update and OTA compatibility:
    Package: org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-global-menus aupt-3 Package: org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-device-menu aupt-3 Package: org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-mode-menu aupt-3 Package: org.e-lnx.wee.patches.top-bar-system-today-menu aupt-3 Package: org.e-lnx.wee.patches.app-launcher-add-edit-options aupt-3
    Removing package org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification from root...
    remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
  8.    #208  
    Fixed EFV to see BOTH aupt-3 and aupt-4 as approved patching technologies. Look for v2.2.2

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Thanks Eric, v2.2.2 seems to behave much better.
    I just ran 2.2.2 and I just get the message "Linux Application Installed Successfully", no more warnings about the org.e-lnx.wee.patches that I mentioned above.
    Another problem expertly fixed by WebOS-Internals
    Visor->650->Pre
    Thanks, Eric. That worked perfectly!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I get an error, when i check the log, says i have a patch that is aupt-1, but i had uninstalled this patch long ago, patch is definitely gone, and not listed in preware under installed patches. I used Internalz to look at webosinternals.patches.packages and its listed there, can i just erase it from this file with Internalz?
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    That's what I did, although I was in USB mode on my PC...
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    In preparation for the next update coming, I ran EFV 2.2.2 which resulted in the following errors:

Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json
    File: /etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/sources.json
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/devicemenu.css
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework338.jsjsjs
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    What should I do with this information, anything?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Preparing also for update, I ran EFV 2.2.2 in an European GSM Pre with results:
    File: /usr/lib/modem/castleumtsfw.tar
    File: /usr/lib/modem/priprlset.sh
    File: /usr/lib/modem/palm_nv_items.txt
    Do I have to worry about something?
    Thanks in advance.
    Wow. I just ran the latest EFV in preparation for 1.4.5 and got a ton of log messages:

File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/splash-browser-startpage.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/background-bookmarks-grid.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/splash-browser-page.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calculator/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/splash-calendar-day.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/splash-calendar-edit.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/backdrop-dark.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/splash-contacts-list.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/splash-contacts-edit.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/splash-email-list.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/splash-email-message.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/splash-email-compose.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/splash-email-accounts.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/images/glass-fade-bottom-corners.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/splash-messaging-listview.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/splash-messaging-chatview.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/top-page-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/bottom-page-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/command-menu-bottom-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/background.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-sprite.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/multicall-resume-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/splash-phone-dialpad.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-drawer-bg.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/phone-menu-short-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/conf-fade-bottom.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-view-menu-bg.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/disconnect-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/multicall-disconnect-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-firstuse.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-list-sprite.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/conf-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/active-call-sprite.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/background.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/top-page-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/bottom-page-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/images/backdrop-firstuse.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.streamingmusicplayer/images/background.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.streamingmusicplayer/images/background-scrim.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.tasks/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.youtube/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/palm-group-top-kludge.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/list-separator-gal.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-drag-ready.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/list-separator-search.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/loading-card-scrim.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_bg.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_stash.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/reorder-ripple.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/scrim.png

Now what do I do? Just doctor the PRE+ back to its original state?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  18.    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    In preparation for the next update coming, I ran EFV 2.2.2 which resulted in the following errors:

What should I do with this information, anything?
    Find out what packages you have installed that modified those files and remove them before OTA update.

Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Wow. I just ran the latest EFV in preparation for 1.4.5 and got a ton of log messages:

File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/splash-browser-startpage.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/background-bookmarks-grid.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/images/splash-browser-page.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calculator/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/splash-calendar-day.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/splash-calendar-edit.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.calendar/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.camera/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/images/backdrop-dark.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/splash-contacts-list.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/images/splash-contacts-edit.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/splash-email-list.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/splash-email-message.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/splash-email-compose.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/images/splash-email-accounts.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/images/glass-fade-bottom-corners.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.findapps/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/splash-messaging-listview.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/splash-messaging-chatview.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/top-page-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/bottom-page-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/command-menu-bottom-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/background.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.musicplayer/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.notes/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-sprite.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/multicall-resume-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/splash-phone-dialpad.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/list-section-line.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-drawer-bg.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/phone-menu-short-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/conf-fade-bottom.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-view-menu-bg.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/disconnect-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/multicall-disconnect-button-tall.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-firstuse.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/call-log-list-sprite.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/conf-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/backdrop-phone-scroll-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/images/active-call-sprite.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/background.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/top-page-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/bottom-page-fade.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.photos/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/images/backdrop-firstuse.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.streamingmusicplayer/images/background.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.streamingmusicplayer/images/background-scrim.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.tasks/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.videoplayer/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.youtube/images/splash-screenshot-default.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/palm-group-top-kludge.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-top.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-page-fade-bottom.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/list-separator-gal.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/launcher-drag-ready.png
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/list-separator-search.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/loading-card-scrim.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_bg.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/quick_launch_stash.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/reorder-ripple.png
    File: /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/scrim.png

Now what do I do? Just doctor the PRE+ back to its original state?

Looks pretty much like a theme is installed that has modified those files. Themes are not OTA update safe.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Now for something completely different -

PROBLEM 1

Tried to run EFV and it failed as indicated in the log:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    13 8394 13 1155 0 0 1356 0 0:00:06 --:--:-- 0:00:06 2483
    65 8394 65 5439 0 0 2341 0 0:00:03 0:00:02 0:00:01 2809
    65 8394 65 5439 0 0 1631 0 0:00:05 0:00:03 0:00:02 1846
    101 8394 101 8394 0 0 2452 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 2764
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.emergency-file-verification.postinst 2>&1
    Detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled in order to maintain correct handling of auto-update and OTA compatibility:
    Package: org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-hide-nascar-app aupt-1 Package: org.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-disable-led-notifications-for-email aupt-2

remove
    No packages removed.
    Nothing to be done
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.

What's odd is that neither the app-launcher-hide-nascar-app nor the screen-lock-disable-led-notifications-for-email are installed. Is there a fix for that???

PROBLEM 2

I have 3 patches that will not update or remove:
    Enable Landscape PDF Viewer
    SMS Tone Per Contact
    MultiMod

I have not been able to update them either automatically or manually since the installation of webOS 1.4.1. I've gone through the forums and tried using nearly all fixes suggested and would like to get ready for the new release.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    Find out what packages you have installed that modified those files and remove them before OTA update.
    I figured out one item causing an error, but I still have the following:

File: /etc/palm/persistentWindows.conf
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/sources.json
    File: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/stylesheets/devicemenu.css
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework338.jsjsjs
    File: /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/338/stylesheets/global-menus.css
    I searched the forums for file names to determine which patches were causing issues but did not find anything.

How can I find out what patches go with the above message?

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast