Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A bug in AUPT is causing all packages to believe they have been changed by an OTA and thus remove the package data without actually unapplying the patch. The fix is in the works and will be released as soon as possible, but in the mean time hold off on removing any patches, since the control data for EPR will be removed as well.

I will then also create an emergency file verification package to allow a quick verification that all modified files are either correctly installed with latest aupt technology or log which files are modified without the latest fixed technology.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

UPDATE

The patches have all been updated in the webos-patches feed (not version bumped)

Any patch that you have installed using aupt-2, remove and reinstall.

Any patch that you installed in the last last 3 days and since removed probably didn't uninstall from the OS. reinstall those and then remove.

View the .webosinternals.patches.packages file from USB mode to see which patches were installed with aupt-2 if any.
    Last edited by egaudet; 02/15/2010 at 09:44 PM.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    So if we have removed patches in the past what should we do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    A bug in AUPT is causing all packages to believe they have been changed by an OTA and thus remove the package data without actually unapplying the patch. The fix is in the works and will be released as soon as possible, but in the mean time hold off on removing any patches, since the control data for EPR will be removed as well.

I will then also create an emergency file verification package to allow a quick verification that all modified files are either correctly installed with latest aupt technology or log which files are modified without the latest fixed technology.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you. I noticed this saturday after doctoring my phone. I reinstalled all my homebrew then I tried to remove a patch, showed uninstalled but the patch was truly there. I was able to reinstall the patch without issue but it still wouldn't uninstall every time I tried. I finally reinstalled the patch and left it.
    Thanks for the update, I really enjoy my installed patches and don't want to remove them.
    Thanks. I was going to back a couple of my recently installed patches out, but now I will wait.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    So if we have removed patches in the past what should we do now?
    You should be able to re-install them without issue, or you can wait for the verification package. I will make sure to have a verification package out that you can run to see if there are any leftover modified files from patches you removed in the past. I'm debating on recovering these files automatically as well.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    You should be able to re-install them without issue, or you can wait for the verification package. I will make sure to have a verification package out that you can run to see if there are any leftover modified files from patches you removed in the past. I'm debating on recovering these files automatically as well.
    Thank you.....
    Thanks again
    I decided to uninstall preware and all patches from my wife's Pixi using EPR and the freaking LED notification still works....what do I need to do to get rid of it? Do I reinstall preware with patches and wait for the update or what...thanks
  10.    #10  
    Well apparently this problem only arises in aupt-2 (not aupt-1) in which the logic was re-ordered to check for OTA first. aupt-1 removal should be fine. So any patch installed prior to 2/12 should be OK to remove.

-Eric G

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I decided to uninstall preware and all patches from my wife's Pixi using EPR and the freaking LED notification still works....what do I need to do to get rid of it? Do I reinstall preware with patches and wait for the update or what...thanks
    That's actually a separate issue - just reinstall the patch, go into your Screen & Lock options and turn the LED notifications off. Then uninstall the patch again.
    So just to be clear. I installed all my patches on the 13th, I ran into the described issue, I then reinstalled the patch, all is well as long as I don't try to uninstall anything.

So am I still safe to update if 1.4 drops today or should I wait for the fix? Will this fix come via preware or how will "the fix" actually be applied?
    I found that the easy way to clear up everything and get a fresh start was to run Webos Doctor. When it was done (about 15 Minutes). Signed into my palm profile and Poof...a clean slate. All patches were gone, all Apps reinstalled, and phone running great. Reinstalled Package manager and Preware...went and got my patches...ALL IS GOOD! Now..where the heck is 1.4?????????
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    this may be a stupid question, but how do I know if I installed a patch prior to 2/12? I add and remove patches all the time, so I'm not sure when it may have been done... But still thanks for the heads up.
    If you look in /media/internal/ there is a text document called webos-patches which is a log of all your patch activity. You can see here on which date your patch was installed/uninstalled.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Noob question, but how do I look in /media/internal/?
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsaway View Post
    Noob question, but how do I look in /media/internal/?
    Just connect your device to your computer via USB - the root directory you see here is /media/internal/ - you don't need to hack your device for this, just plug it in
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ok, so went through the log and the last thing i installed was on 2/9. does this mean uninstall all patches before the update, wait and use this "patch," or just go ahead and update to 1.4? thanks for the help
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3925 View Post
    ok, so went through the log and the last thing i installed was on 2/9. does this mean uninstall all patches before the update, wait and use this "patch," or just go ahead and update to 1.4? thanks for the help
    You are fine, you don't have to do anything as long as you don't install any new patches until aupt-3 versions are built.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Thanks again as well for verifying the current issues and your time and efforts in correcting this..
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast