Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    File: /etc/udev/mount.blacklist

Hi Rod & Eric,

Any update on the above problem reported via the EFV checker ?

Thanks.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    I find it interesting that we are having the exact same issue with the exact same patch. I JUST doctored my phone on sunday, I knew I shouldn't have reinstalled it, never used it really anyways. I think if a patch is going in and causing errors like that for no apparent reason it definitely needs to be looked into and either needs to be fixed or pulled. It's frustrating that I just doctored my phone and may have to do it again because of this ONE patch. It took me most of a day to install my 120+ homebrew patches and apps again.

Eric, if you read this do you have any suggestions or fixes? Sorry but it seems like you know everything.
    Yes, if someone could address the multi-mod patch issue, it would be fantastic... I cannot get this patch off my phone. The EPV tool reports it as the only aupt-2 patch on the device, but Preware doesn't recognize it as being installed. When I try to re-install it, it fails on installation, and I can't remove it or install it with WOSQI either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoc View Post
    Yes, if someone could address the multi-mod patch issue, it would be fantastic... I cannot get this patch off my phone. The EPV tool reports it as the only aupt-2 patch on the device, but Preware doesn't recognize it as being installed. When I try to re-install it, it fails on installation, and I can't remove it or install it with WOSQI either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Eric found a fix for my problem. Search for the thread titled "AUPT Auto Update Patch Technology" read page 28, fixed and back to normal now.

I'd post a link but I'm on my phone.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Upon checking on my files all are AUPT 3. However when I run the EFV I get this error.

"Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /etc/udev/mount.blacklst"

When I ran the Repair Utility earlier it removed my "unhide DevMod" launcher, which I'm assuming was an older version since the one I just installed now has a different icon and look to it (this new has the code on it). Is this error going to cause me any major problems? Is there a way I can fix this on my own?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Eric found a fix for my problem. Search for the thread titled "AUPT Auto Update Patch Technology" read page 28, fixed and back to normal now.

I'd post a link but I'm on my phone.
    Awesome, just tried it and it worked! Very cool. Eric, thanks much! Your efforts are truly appreciated.

Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM119 View Post
    Deleting blank lines in .webosinternals.patches file fixed my "apt" error. Now after running EFV again I am also getting this:
    Modified files with no known patch backups
    File: /usr/bin/PmNetConfigManager
    That's caused by MyTether. Contact the author of MyTether for instructions on how to revert it before an OTA update.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    File: /etc/udev/mount.blacklist
    Quote Originally Posted by zepolant View Post
    "Detected stock files modified via a method other than supported patch technologies:
    File: /etc/udev/mount.blacklst"
    I would ignore this file. It won't cause any problems with an OTA update. I suspect it is modified by webOS itself, as I am not aware of any homebrew that modifies it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345