1.    #1  
    In PreWare, when trying to update a patch or app, I get the following error on all:

Error: App Catalog Installation in progress, please try again later.

I've tried shut down/battery out.

Any ideas?
  2.    #2  
    Just in case someone searches on this exact same error (Error: App Catalog Installation in progress), I wanted to post the solution here too.

This post solved my problem: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2219447

I installed Terminal (not putty/sudo) and ran the same commands:

cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNadeau View Post
    In PreWare, when trying to update a patch or app, I get the following error on all:

Error: App Catalog Installation in progress, please try again later.
    This is intentional.

Allowing Preware to install, update or replace packages while there is an app catalog installation underway is fatal (it's the reason why we had to create the Emergency Reconstruction Utility).

You need to clear the App Catalog unfinished installation before you can proceed.

Typing

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appInstallService/status '{}'
    on the command line will tell you what the problem is.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ok I have the same issues I'm not all that great with codes and thing and would like to know if someone can walk me through this I have done what rwhitby said and get a message in return not knowing what it means ofcourse help me some one
    Use webos quick install to install Preware 0.9.26

-- Rod
    thanks that really helps not
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjschultz1996 View Post
    thanks that really helps not
    Pardon?

Feel free to ignore the help, but if your problem is the one that this thread is about then that's the solution.

-- Rod
    Ok, I am having this same issue.
    When I go into the command line and type the "above mentioned command" , this is what I get.

** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "status": { "apps": [ { "id": "ca.canucksoftware.ledtorch", "details": { "version": "", "title": "", "vendor": "", "vendorUrl": "", "catalogId": -1, "client": "", "state": "removing" } } ] }, "returnValue": true }
    root@palm-webos-device:
    I do not have the led torch installed as an app, just as a patch for the device menu.
    Which, the flashlight does work right now.
    Anyone have any suggestions for me??

Thank you.
    Use WebOS Quick Install 3.01 to install Preware 0.9.26

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    This is intentional.

Allowing Preware to install, update or replace packages while there is an app catalog installation underway is fatal (it's the reason why we had to create the Emergency Reconstruction Utility).

You need to clear the App Catalog unfinished installation before you can proceed.

Typing

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.appInstallService/status '{}'
    on the command line will tell you what the problem is.

-- Rod
    heh. I just inadvertantly found another one, that likely can't be fixed. Don't try to remove an app (Sym, click then Delete) while preware is running.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    heh. I just inadvertantly found another one, that likely can't be fixed. Don't try to remove an app (Sym, click then Delete) while preware is running.
    Yeah, don't do that.

We have a fix in mind for that, but webOS doesn't have the functionality to allow us to implement it yet.

The work-around is to use the Emergency Reconstruction Utility.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals