1.    #1  
    First of all, thank you in advance to anyone who will help answer a few questions for me. The Pre is the first phone I've ever added any patches to, or done any "hacking" on myself. As a newbie I have a couple of questions about using mods like Smartreflex. And yes, I have Googled, searched on here for solutions, but didn't find anything clear enough for me to follow.

1. How do I actually see at what clock speed my phone is currently running?

2. How do I open the .patch file I have saved on my pc so I could put it in notes and modify the clock speed from 500 to 600, or whatever speed desired, as I have seen others post about doing?

3. I saw a Droid yesterday that had an app installed which allowed the user to instantly change clock speeds by moving a slider, much the same as adjusting screen brightness. Would something like this be possible on the Pre? Has anyone thought of doing something like this, or is it just too much work to be worth it?

Thanks.
    To answer your questions:

1. WebOS Internals wiki on the issue: Patch webOS CPU Frequency or Voltage Scaling

exact commandline:
    Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
    2. open a patch file with a text editor, like .:: NOTEPAD++ ::.

This is another alternative: SmartReflex not playing nice in 1.3.5 (op contains a good way to simply oc)

3. probably not at this time

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    I believe all of your answers are in my second signature thread. There is a an easy way to get you processor to 600 MHZ without issues!
    Thanks caj2008 and xanthinealkaloid. Caj - I've read several of your posts before this, but I've either read so many different things your directions didn't "gel" for me before, or I just simply didn't understand. Not being a "programmer" type this is all new to me.

Just for clarification - You are only running this patch to get your clock speed to 600, and do not have smartreflex or anything else like that installed; is that correct?

Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMellon66 View Post
    Just for clarification - You are only running this patch to get your clock speed to 600, and do not have smartreflex or anything else like that installed; is that correct?

Thanks again.
    I simply overclock to 600 without smartreflex or cpuscaling, as system stability has not been an issue for me.

The original patching method prior to 1.3.5 seems to result in the system reverting 500 after restart or poor video performance.

My understanding from those I trust on this forum is that w/ 1.3.5 Palm is using another scheme to manage battery life, making smartreflex or cpuscaling unnecessary.

YMMV, so it's best to oc to 600, using the unixpsycho commandline method or running the caj2008 script, and see how your system and battery hold up.