Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Bring back some of that good 'Ol PalmOS love. And QuickText. Those familiar with the SMS program on Palm Treos, this allowed users to quickly select from a preset list of messages.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deesugar; 09/17/2010 at 03:34 PM.
    What exactly would this patch do? I didn't use Palm OS before...
  3.    #3  
    When a call comes in you'd have three choices:

1.Answer
    2.Ignore
    3.Ignore with a text

The third option when pressed would pop you into Messaging and the "To" field would already be populated with the callers number. That's how it worked on PalmOS.

I'm not sure if you could do this on WebOS but it would be slicker and quicker if when you pressed "Ignore with a text" brought up a sub menu of quick responses like "Call you back in a sec" without going into the Messaging program.
    I likey. +1
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    +2
    Gotcha. Yea I like this, too. Hope to see the patch.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    +1
    I'd love this patch, I REALLY miss it from the old days, even when I moved on to the 800w it was there...
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    +1 this would be awesome, we would only need like 4-5 customizable preset messages too
    +1. Had actually forgotten about this (long time since I used a palm device prior to the Pre). Would be very handy. Great idea!
    Miss this functionality from my Centro!! Please?
    +1 I cannot believe that Palm developed a new phone without this feature that they had for years! Please! If anyone can patch this!
    Has anyone heard of any progress on this? I'm not a programmer but I'd think this would be easy. Is there somewhere we could officially request this?
  13.    #13  
    It was called QuickText and here is an example as it was done on the Treo:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This sounds like a great feature! I'll feel less guilty about ignoring a call if I can text an excuse
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by marfpilf View Post
    This sounds like a great feature! I'll feel less guilty about ignoring a call if I can text an excuse
    Yeah I forgot this feature was integrated into SMS, Ignore call and I think Email. You could even add/edit/delete canned messages. It was one of my favorite features of PalmOS.
    Someone is working on this patch... I thought it was already in Preware.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Someone is working on this patch... I thought it was already in Preware.
    It would be huge if someone did this but so far there is none.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    +1 I miss this feature from my Treo. Nice, its nice when the wifes calling but u don't want her to think your ignoring her...just too busy right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    It would be huge if someone did this but so far there is none.
    Hmm, this is the thread of which I speak.. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-options.html

xanthinealkaloid was working on it, but he hasn't posted since June and hasn't been on since July... Hope he's okay.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Hmm, this is the thread of which I speak.. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...n-options.html

xanthinealkaloid was working on it, but he hasn't posted since June and hasn't been on since July... Hope he's okay.
    I tried his patch but it didn't work, might have been because of 1.4.5, who knows. I don't think he realizes how many people are interested in this. Too bad he gave up.

Looks like he hasn't been on this site for months...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast