1.    #1  
    I use blackberry curve for business (Pre for personal phone), and have gotten VERY used to the automatic shortcuts the keyboard provides. The two functions I would be most interested in are:

1) Holding any letter key for .5 second or more causes the letter to be automatically capitalized. Current WebOS function requires 'Shift+letter'.

2) Pressing the Space bar twice at the end of a sentence automatically inserts a period and advances one space at the end of the sentence. Current WebOS function requires 'period, then space'.

While they don't make a huge difference in typing speed, they definitely do save keystrokes over time and would make the (admittedly small-ish) Pre keyboard quicker to use. It would also make my constant switching between devices a heck of a lot easier!

Many thanks to anyone willing to take this on!!!

T
    Last edited by trakslacker; 02/11/2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Attempted to clarify descriptions slightly
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    bump. i reallly like this,
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    1) Totally agree. The repeating-letter action carried over from desktop keyboards is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

2) I would welcome this change, but I really don't miss it that much after a few weeks with a dedicated period key.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    2 spaces for a period is what i reallly want!
    want
    I would not only love this b/c I think hold for caps is great...the repeat letter is very annoying. Does anyone really need to type in 100 Ts or Is???
    I'm a Blackberry convert and both of those features are missed on my Pixi.

EDIT: Knobbysideup seems to indicate that the double space period is not possible on the Pixi. I still would like to have the "hold letter to make it capital" feature.
    Last edited by marfpilf; 07/13/2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Did some more research.
    Quote Originally Posted by marfpilf View Post
    I'm a Blackberry convert and both of those features are missed on my Pixi.

EDIT: Knobbysideup seems to indicate that the double space period is not possible on the Pixi. I still would like to have the "hold letter to make it capital" feature.
    KeyBoss makes any keyboard modifications possible.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Off to the KeyBoss thread.

Thanks!