Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I was able to hide VZ Navigator by using novaterm to add "visible": "false" to the appinfo.json file, but would like a patch to make it easier...i'll create it myself if i can figure out how. Been searching for a tut on how to create webOS patches and haven't found any. Also downloaded the "Hide Amazon" patch and extracted it to try to reverse-engineer it, but no joy. Could someone please direct me to how to create it? TIA
    Jason made a great tool to make patches...

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...f-creator.html

You just need the unmodified file and the modified file and voila!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Wow that was easy

How do i go about getting this patch added to the repository? TIA
    You can submit it to Preware online at: dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

Follow me on teh Twitterz
    new PP+ (long-time Palm) user here...

After seeing Hide patches in the App Catalog, I thought I might try creating this very patch - that VZ N icon is taking up valuable real estate!

Glad to see I don't have to dive into patch development (yet).

I will be looking out for it in the AC. Thanks!

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayraypre View Post
    I will be looking out for it in the AC. Thanks!

Here it is in case you don't want to wait for the official release, enjoy
    Last edited by mhous33; 05/15/2010 at 04:15 AM.
    Well, I did the save-file-as thing and apparently that was a bad idea as I think it downloaded a pre-download request of sorts.

I've downloaded it properly since then and it works like a charm!

However, in the time between the success and the failure, I noticed I couldn't get any updates (and it still looks like that way--in one case, I have an icon that's just a square and having done some research, looks like I may have to do a partial erase*). So later on is when I discovered that I downloaded -- and tried installing -- something else (the pre-download request). One step forward, two steps back... ugh.

All in all, I got a new patch, plus a valuable lesson in downloading from this site - click, do not save-file-as!

Thanks for the "early release"

---EDIT

* No partial erase necessary - discovered what I had was a "phantom app" and armed with the Terminal app and the following link, I was able to remedy my situation (updates installed!):

http://forums.precentral.net/general...d-catalog.html
    Last edited by rayraypre; 02/11/2010 at 10:44 PM. Reason: solution a problem I created :/
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Well, I did the save-file-as thing and apparently that was a bad idea as I think it downloaded a pre-download request of sorts.

I've downloaded it properly since then and it works like a charm!
    Yeah i had a similar issue when i went to download UnifiedDiffCreator; it downloaded as a ".download" file. The file size was the same though, so i changed the ".download" to ".jar" and it launched fine. Then i sent myself an email link just to be safe, and it downloaded properly with the ".jar" extension.

So as long as the file size is the same, you should just be able to change the ".download" or whatever it is to ".patch" and it should work, or just send it to yourself as an email attachment and download that way.

Either way, then just put your phone in dev mode, fire up QuickInstall.

Glad you got it working
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Here's the update for webOS 1.4:
    Thanks! It's funny, the second I found out about Mobile Hotspot being added to the apps, I thought "I wonder if that dude [meaning you] is working on hiding patch for it.

- - - -
    EDIT (02jan2011):
    In the interest of accuracy, I wanted to state that I do not hide the MH app anymore -- not since Verizon made it free (at least for the first 2 gigs, I believe).

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by rayraypre; 01/02/2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: usage update
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Thanks! It's funny, the second I found out about Mobile Hotspot being added to the apps, I thought "I wonder if that dude [meaning you] is working on hiding patch for it.
    Here ya go:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-request.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mhous33 View Post
    Here it is in case you don't want to wait for the official release, enjoy
    Is this going to be updated for 1.4.1.1?

I really don't want people to start the VZ NAv when they are playing with my phone.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Is this going to be updated for 1.4.1.1?
    I submitted the update yesterday...
    thank you sooooo much!