Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Has anyone tossed out the idea to enable or disable the Wi-Fi based on GPS coordinates?

For example, when I pull into my driveway (or vicinity of my house) I'd like the Wi-Fi to automatically come on and connect to my home network. Correspondingly, when I leave my house, turn it off so it's not searching for a signal while I'm driving to the office.

Then when I get to the office, it flips it back on.
    I had not thought about this via GPS but would like to see the ability to turn on and off WIFI at set times during the day.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedonut View Post
    Has anyone tossed out the idea to enable or disable the Wi-Fi based on GPS coordinates?

For example, when I pull into my driveway (or vicinity of my house) I'd like the Wi-Fi to automatically come on and connect to my home network. Correspondingly, when I leave my house, turn it off so it's not searching for a signal while I'm driving to the office.

Then when I get to the office, it flips it back on.
    search for an app called Mode Switcher
    Thanks nigafool
    Quote Originally Posted by nigafool View Post
    search for an app called Mode Switcher
    I checked for this in both the Preware feeds and the App Cat. Can't find it.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    I checked for this in both the Preware feeds and the App Cat. Can't find it.
    You must manually enter the feed...See this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2303419

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I couldn't find the way to manually enter the feed, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedonut View Post
    I couldn't find the way to manually enter the feed, either.
    Open Preware...from the app menu select Manage Feeds & enter the criteria as Rod describes below.

Here's a screenshot to help...

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Go to the Manage Feeds page.

For NAME, enter "e-lnx-wee" (you'll want to make sure the first character is not a capital letter by pressing backspace after you enter the first 'e').

For URL, enter "http://wee.e-lnx.org/webos/feeds/stable" (make sure you don't make any mistakes when typing this).

Leave the IS COMPRESSED setting at YES.

-- Rod
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I requested something like this about 6 months ago... I find that it's easier to just leave your wifi on all the time.