1.    #1  
    RE: AUPT before Palm Profile logged me out of my profile.

Here is my situation:

I had maybe 8-10 patches applied to my Palm Pre and these patches were applied via Preware only. Once AUPT was available, I updated all my patches with the AUPT update version, so I no longer have to remove the patches when Palm releases an OS update.

Over the weekend, my Palm Pre mysteriously logged me out of my Palm Profile, which as you people know, is not a fun thing.

Once I got my Pre back up and running like normal, I noticed my 8-10 patches were still applied and working correctly, which was cool and outstanding!

Today I finally re-installed Preware. Now.. Preware does not recognize I have my 8-10 patches applied. Obvisouly, if I get abscent minded and forget I applied that patched, the script will error out, but I can live with that.

Since the patches were updated with AUPT version, I dont think I am going to have any issues once WebOS 1.4 is released or any other Preware issues than what I mentioned about, but wanted some confirmation.

What do you gurus think?
    Quote Originally Posted by teeitupmo View Post
    RE: AUPT before Palm Profile logged me out of my profile.

Here is my situation:

I had maybe 8-10 patches applied to my Palm Pre and these patches were applied via Preware only. Once AUPT was available, I updated all my patches with the AUPT update version, so I no longer have to remove the patches when Palm releases an OS update.

Over the weekend, my Palm Pre mysteriously logged me out of my Palm Profile, which as you people know, is not a fun thing.

Once I got my Pre back up and running like normal, I noticed my 8-10 patches were still applied and working correctly, which was cool and outstanding!

Today I finally re-installed Preware. Now.. Preware does not recognize I have my 8-10 patches applied. Obvisouly, if I get abscent minded and forget I applied that patched, the script will error out, but I can live with that.

Since the patches were updated with AUPT version, I dont think I am going to have any issues once WebOS 1.4 is released or any other Preware issues than what I mentioned about, but wanted some confirmation.

What do you gurus think?
    You can reinstall the packages via preware. Installation will NOT fail because AUPT postinst is smart enough to detect that the patch is already applied and simply install the ipkg data.

NOTE that the AUPT part of patching is in the postinst/prerm scripts in the ipkg infrastructure. The patch actually modifying the Palm stock files hasn't changed, you simply have modified/patched Palm files in the rootfs. After an OTA, some (usually most) packages will get updated and thus files overwritten. Any package that isn't being updated in an OTA isn't touched.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  3.    #3  
    Excellent! Thank you for your fast reply. You developers keep up the good work, and everyone in the Palm Pre world, appreciates all your time and efforts!