1.    #1  
    Hi!

It would be awesome, if there would be a patch, which enables Wi-Fi when you put your Pre/Pixi on your Touchstone. Is that possible?

Thanks and greets
    John
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    check out Nodose application from preware. it does exactly that
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Just to clarify, are you asking for a patch that will turn on WiFi that has been turned off? I'm asking because if I have WiFi enabled and place the Pre on the Touchstone, the WiFi remain on.

Thanks for clarifying.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Just to clarify, are you asking for a patch that will turn on WiFi that has been turned off? I'm asking because if I have WiFi enabled and place the Pre on the Touchstone, the WiFi remain on.

Thanks for clarifying.
    Yes, thats what I mean. Wi-Fi is turned off and when I put my Pre on the Touchstone, it should enable Wi-Fi.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    As Alik mentioned...use the app called Nodoze. I doubt someone will develop a patch when an app is available.
    Nodoze ftw
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by knip View Post
    As Alik mentioned...use the app called Nodoze. I doubt someone will develop a patch when an app is available.
    Downloaded and installed Nodoze, but i cant find any option, that activates Wi-Fi when i put my Pre on my Touchstone. Can you help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by john-vogel View Post
    Downloaded and installed Nodoze, but i cant find any option, that activates Wi-Fi when i put my Pre on my Touchstone. Can you help me?
    I don't think they really understood your question. NoDoze just keeps your screen on. I think they assumed you already had your wifi turned on. Not that you wanted wifi to turn on once you put it on the touchstone. I have not seen a patch for this or an app for this. I think that something like this would be covered with system profiles[e.g. a touchstone system profile setting]. QST should have system profiles soon.
    So what you want is a patch that enables the wifi function (turns it on from the off position) that activates once it is placed on the touchstone.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    So what you want is a patch that enables the wifi function (turns it on from the off position) that activates once it is placed on the touchstone.
    Exactly.

But I think, that it is difficult to realise. I don't know, if the Pre makes a difference between charging by cable oder touchstone. So, my idea is a patch, that acitvates Wi-Fi, when you just charge your Pre (by cable OR touchstone). But I'm not able to code Patches, so I created this request.
    You should check out Mode Switcher.

It a Homebrew app with optional patch...It should fit your request.