Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Just to clarify...The new app out today certainly has merit, since you can run it in the "background" for the specific purpose of updating your location.

Actually, it probably makes it even more useful to be able to turn Latitude on & off, since you'd probably only be using it to check other people's locations with the app installed.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Just to clarify...The new app out today certainly has merit, since you can run it in the "background" for the specific purpose of updating your location.

Actually, it probably makes it even more useful to be able to turn Latitude on & off, since you'd probably only be using it to check other people's locations with the app installed.

I have the app on my phone now and it basically does what your Patch does. Allows you to Login to the Latitude service and use it in the WebOS version of Google Maps. The app gives you more control though. Plus I like the fact that the app is the same price as an MP3. Some of the apps in the store are so very basic, but still so very costly.

The only problem with the app is that you can only have the app check your location every 30 minutes. I won't have the app loaded all of the time, but I would still like when the app is running; that it updates every few minutes.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I have the app on my phone now and it basically does what your Patch does. Allows you to Login to the Latitude service and use it in the WebOS version of Google Maps. The app gives you more control though. Plus I like the fact that the app is the same price as an MP3. Some of the apps in the store are so very basic, but still so very costly.

The only problem with the app is that you can only have the app check your location every 30 minutes. I won't have the app loaded all of the time, but I would still like when the app is running; that it updates every few minutes.
    Sorry for the OT but can you say or PM me the name of this app???
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by douth View Post
    Sorry for the OT but can you say or PM me the name of this app???
    http://www.precentral.net/tags/googl...tude-assistant
    I don't mean to be a pain, I just like updates on applications that I am interested in. So is there anything new? Maybe we can sent his patch to Palm for official development work, maybe they can figure this out.

I use the program noted above (Google Latitude Assistant) and it has many issues on it's own.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I'm raising the thread from the dead to say I was trying to update this patch for 1.4.5. Logically it should work as I can point the browser on my pre to Google Latitude it will open google maps enabling latitude. I'm not sure if I made an error in copying the code from the old patch to the correct locations in the current version of the files or if it is just that I'm not in a good area so signal and data connections are poor. But I did want to say this patch may well be possible to work on 1.4.5. I'm going to try again and report back.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I've installed the temp patch, got to say it's awesome! I don't see why google can't just include it. Thank you.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123