Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I don't use the iphone spoof patch, and this patch works great especially the new and improved version.
    +1
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
  2.    #22  
    Update:

This sucks...I'm having trouble getting the patch to provide the same functions as before due to the changes Palm & Google have made.

I'm posting a temporary patch here, so you can at least have easy access to Latitude for now...The only thing you have to do is use the "Clear Map" option in the map menu before you close Gmaps to remove the Latitude layer which you'll need to do in order for a global search to work correctly.

Please use the temp patch because it may help to identify any other unknown issues I'm not seeing...Thanks.

I also took the old patch done...As for now, I'm done because I need to rest.

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community...If you use it, please take a moment to click the thanks button, as it goes a long way to keeping me motivated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hope this works out homie, one of my favorite patches out.
    Moto v265 --> LG enV VX9900 --> Moto Q9c --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I beed checking everyday for this patch. I hope you get it figured out. My family likes to use latitude to keep track of each other
    Any new news from the developer of this patch? I love the easy latitude access this gave before the update and hope it's coming back soon.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Any new news from the developer of this patch? I love the easy latitude access this gave before the update and hope it's coming back soon.
    No revelations yet, but I'm still looking into it.

For the time being, you can use the TEMP patch listed above...the only thing you have to remember is to clear the map prior to close the Gmaps app.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    No revelations yet, but I'm still looking into it.

For the time being, you can use the TEMP patch listed above...the only thing you have to remember is to clear the map prior to close the Gmaps app.

mind sending me a copy of your original patch so I can see what's what?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
  8.    #28  
    mind sending me a copy of your original patch so I can see what's what?
    I haven't given up...I simply haven't had a breakthrough yet...

The problem doesn't seem to be on the server side because the method in the old patch still works under 1.3.5 with Google Maps @ version 7.9...

I've been trying to determine if the cause is in the Gmaps code or something that's changed in the browser adapter...

Here's the source for the 1.3.5 version on gitorious:
    google-maps-latitude-workaround.patch

If you're meaning to try to work on it, good luck. If you want a .patch version, you'll have to PM me your email addy.

Also, you should know the Gmaps app is basically webview widget much of the code devoted to building the url and connection related stuff.

Hey, I looked over your patches and tried something for myself...

1. Open the WebOS web browser login to Google.
    2. Then type, http://maps.google.com/maps/m?mode=latitude.
    3. Google maps will then load with Latitude.

So the only issue with your patch is the lack of authentication. "Or so it seems" as long as you don't clear your browsers cache you can always enter the maps with Latitude enabled.

EDIT: This was tested on 1.4.0 with no latitude patches installed.

Last edited by demetry14; 03/21/2010 at 07:25 PM.

2. Then type, Google Latitude.

So the only issue with your patch is the lack of authentication. "Or so it seems" as long as you don't clear your browsers cache you can always enter the maps with Latitude enabled.

EDIT: This was tested on 1.4.0 with no latitude patches installed.

In order for google maps to work correctly within universal search or from a call from any other app, Google Maps needs to be 'clear.' That is google maps can't have google latitude loaded.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  11.    #31  

2. Then type, Google Latitude.
    Not be rude, but you may need to reread the thread...I never stated Latitude didn't work...The problem is being able to remove the layer automatically on exit.

Again, the point of the patch was...

1. To provide easy access to Latitude within the Gmaps app.
    2. To provide a way to easily remove Latitude.

I've put in many hours between figuring out the original patch and troubleshooting something different now...I'm not some bigtime dev here(far from it), so I, and others I would suspect, would certainly appreciate any assistance getting it working again.

Did you notice clearing the browser cache, or the history for that matter, has no effect on whether or not Latitude loads the next time you use the Gmaps app after the it's enabled?...You wouldn't want to clear the cookies either because it will force you to login to see Latittude.

It would be great if we could simply use the clearoverlays() method from the Gmaps API, but I don't think it's possible.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to any useful input.

I love the easy latitude access this gave before the update and hope it's coming back soon.
    Just a reminder, post #22 has a method to provide quick access to Latitude from within the Gmaps app with instructions on how to remove the layer.

I in no way meant to sound rude. I was just referencing the authentication. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

EDIT: clearing all 3 options in my browser does make latitude disappear.

Also, everything works fine even with Latitude loaded for me. I click an address in the browser and or a maps link from text and it automatically removed the latitude layer for me. Once i was ready to see latitude again I just ran my browser link.
    Last edited by demetry14; 03/22/2010 at 06:08 PM.

13.    #33  
    I in no way meant to sound rude. I was just referencing the authentication. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    No prob here()...Forum communication can suck sometimes...I was hoping you wouldn't take my reply as negative because I simply wanted to clarify the current situation. Anyhow, I'm not sure how there would be an authentication problem, since the patch simply uses the URL.

EDIT: clearing all 3 options in my browser does make latitude disappear.
    I've found this method doesn't consistently clear Latitude from Gmaps...Also, clearing the cookies should force you to have to login in the next time you use Latitude, if it actually clears it...Besides, it's not very convenient to have to do that if you should wish to remove the Latitude layer.

Also, everything works fine even with Latitude loaded for me. I click an address in the browser and or a maps link from text and it automatically removed the latitude layer for me. Once i was ready to see latitude again I just ran my browser link.
    I've also found not clearing the layer works for the most part, i.e. it doesn't necessary prevent Gmaps from working properly...It does yeild unexpected results sometimes though(usually with GSA)...Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue of consistency because the Latitude layer isn't always removed...In fact, my experience has been that it's rarely removed, as can be seen by tapping the My Location button.

I am not sure exactly by what you mean on "clearing the layer "I know of the layer options in the web gmap"", is it like when you load Gmaps on webos with latitude and then click anywhere on the map that does not show a face and the friends option disappears? When that is done the search option comes back and you can also then get back to the latitude options "which i thought was the layer" by selecting your own image which stays through the above.

I dunno, I am sorta confused. I am good with linux and scripts but this somehow baffles me.

"text messages and forum threads sometimes get read wrong because of the lack of the emotion that we would normally see on someone's face."

15.    #35  
    I am not sure exactly by what you mean on "clearing the layer "I know of the layer options in the web gmap"", is it like when you load Gmaps on webos with latitude and then click anywhere on the map that does not show a face and the friends option disappears? When that is done the search option comes back and you can also then get back to the latitude options "which i thought was the layer" by selecting your own image which stays through the above.
    Clearing the layer is similar(not exactly the same though) to when you remove the traffic from the map...The layer would be considered removed when you no longer have access to Latitude functions, i.e. your avatar or friends list.

I dunno, I am sorta confused. I am good with linux and scripts but this somehow baffles me.
    It basically comes down to trying to control something happening on the server-side without directly accessing the API for it...For the most part, the Gmaps app seems to be primarily doing two things:

1. managing the connection
    2. handling the URL

Since Gmaps seems to work for the most part without removing Latitude, it may seem silly, but I'm not one who wants Latitude on by default...I'd rather be able to control it.

At this point, the only 100% way I've been able to programatically remove the Latitude layer is by remove the cookies within the webview widget which has no adverse effects I can see to the normal functions within Gmaps...The major downside to Latitude is you have to login again to access.

The best, possibly only, option in this scenario may be to store the login data locally via a cookie(Mojo style) to use whenever Latitude is being accessed...I've actually seen it done in the Logitude app via an open source php script on the forums here, but I'm not sure how to implement it for use in the Gmaps app.

Looks like theres an app for that now. check it out.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Looks like theres an app for that now. check it out.
    Good catch...Although, it appears the app you're referring to simply updates your Latitude profile with your current location, as apposed to actually accessing Latitude to see locations for yourself and others on a map, along with the updating.

It leads me to wonder if the php script was used in some way because that's exactly what it does.

Are you going to keep working on this Patch?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Are you going to keep working on this Patch?
    Yes...Personally, I'm still interested in getting Latitude integrated into our version of Gmaps because it doesn't seem like Google is.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Yes...Personally, I'm still interested in getting Latitude integrated into our version of Gmaps because it doesn't seem like Google is.

Okay cool! I have seen the Google Latitude apps that have this function, but I like the idea of a Patch better. When I was using this Patch on WebOS version 1.3.5; I never had any Lag or Error issues. An app would use up more Resources while running in the Background. I am most likely going to get the Laitiude app anyways, because I like having more then one App and Patch doing the same job. Jusy like how I have a Patch to set my phone to Roam-Only, as well as the App that does the same thing. But I am very glad to see that you are going to keep working on this Patch!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast