Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I would like a patch that would remove the blank lines before my signature in an email.

Like this -
    This is my email message
    --
    Curtis
    Sent from my Palm Pixi Plus
    Not this -
    This is my email message

--
    Curtis
    You just need to go into your email app and edit the signature for your email account
    email>preferences & Accounts> click on your email account>go to the signature and delete the lines you don't want.
    Actually, there are no extra lines in my signature, and it does this as well...adds two extra lines on certain emails (can't remember now if it's new emails or replys...I just make it a habit to remove the lines before I start typing...).
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I have the email mulitmod with my signature and I have never noticed extra lines.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Actually, there are no extra lines in my signature, and it does this as well...adds two extra lines on certain emails (can't remember now if it's new emails or replys...I just make it a habit to remove the lines before I start typing...).
    Same with mine...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Ditto here too ...
    have you tried the multimod in Preware it formats your email to look more like an Outlook email. That might solve your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by nextboy88 View Post
    I would like a patch that would remove the blank lines before my signature in an email.

Like this -
    This is my email message
    --
    Curtis
    Not this -
    This is my email message

--
    Curtis
    Same here...no extra lines in sig prefs. However, I think this adds the extra lines only when REPLYING to an email. Can others confirm this? If so, it still doesn't make sense why several extra lines would be added BETWEEN your text and sig upon replying; after sig, maybe, but not before. Very annoying little idiosyncrasy for sure.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I looked at the signature of one of my accounts that didn't have a signature that has been modified. I didn't get the extra lines. So maybe that patch will solve your needs.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Looks like a new email has 1 extra line

A reply has 3 extra lines
    I just did as quick test and, as I thought, the extra lines (as shown in nextboy88's post above) are added ONLY IN A REPLY email for me. Composing a new email has the expected double space between the text and sig.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I looked at the signature of one of my accounts that didn't have a signature that has been modified. I didn't get the extra lines. So maybe that patch will solve your needs.
    Can you compare a new email versus a reply and see what it does?

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I would like a patch without lines at all. (For a new message or a reply)
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Yeah, i have this same problem and can confirm that with a new email the line are not added, but when doing a REPLY, they ARE added. If someone can fix this, it'd be great. it all started after the 1.3.5 update from Palm. Before that, all was fine. It's something they did in there.
    Yes I just get the extra 2 or 3 lines in replies...with a new email composition it is just one line which looks fine. Definitely annoying since you have to remove the extra lines and there is no equivalent of a "Delete" key which would make it easier....or is there?
    Just installed "Replies/Forward Multimod" patch and the extra lines in replies are gone...it looks great now. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I don't want to have a smaller font, I just want the extra lines to be gone in the reply.. Wish someone would create a fix for this. Hopefully it will be included in WebOS 1.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    I don't want to have a smaller font, I just want the extra lines to be gone in the reply.. Wish someone would create a fix for this. Hopefully it will be included in WebOS 1.4.
    I don't, either.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    you can change the font size in the patch.
    any updates on this? i just got the AT&T pre and notice it too. have you all just been using the "Replies/Forward Multimod" patch?
    Drives me nuts as well. For now the patch is the fix.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast