webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  webOS Patches > [Patch] Default to call log
[Patch] Default to call log

Old 02/08/2010, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Here's a tweaked update to the original "Open to call log" patch by dallashigh, so I thought I would start an official patch thread for it.

Reference Threads:
[Patch Request] Phone dialer icon opens to recent call list
Patch Request: Make Call List Default Screen Instead of Dialpad
Open Phone to Call History patch?

In addition to simply opening the Phone app to the call log, the patch will now always take you back to the All calls list.

If you're using the "Close on hangup" patch, then the All calls list will appear each time you open the Phone app.

If you're not using the "Close on hangup" patch, then the All calls list will appear whenever you've ended a call.

In addition, the All calls list will appear if you close the app on either the dialpad or the Missed call list the next time it's opened.

Under 1.4, it now closes open drawers when card is swiped away.

Please try it out and report any issues here…Thanks!

Patch creation is something I do in my spare time for myself and the Precentral community.
If you find value in my work, please take a moment to click the thanks button.
Should you be inclined, a donation link is available in my signature, and a sincere thanks to those who have.
Attached Files
File Type: patch phone-open-to-call-log.patch (2.1 KB, 25 views) Email Attachment

Please don't forget your thanks button. --- Appreciate my efforts? -- Donate?

Various patches I've worked on:
Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor

Last edited by xanthinealkaloid; 04/26/2010 at 10:30 PM.
xanthinealkaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2010, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thank you x 100000 ! Working fine so far
MissDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: xanthinealkaloid
Old 02/16/2010, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hoping this gets pushed to Preware! The old "Open to call log" patch was great and I'm sure your tweaks have made it that much more awesome!
dragonol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: xanthinealkaloid
Old 02/16/2010, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonol2 View Post
Hoping this gets pushed to Preware! The old "Open to call log" patch was great and I'm sure your tweaks have made it that much more awesome!
I submitted it the same day I started this thread...We just have to be patient with all that has been going on, i.e. the AUPT update & 1.4 on the horizon.

Feel free to install the patch via WOSQI...It'll works just fine that way with AUPT compliance.

Faster Cards|Emoticons|Shake Reload|Default Call Log|Call Log Styling|Msg Count|New Events|DM Media Vol|Megamix+MediaVol|3G icon|Gmaps fullscreen|Msg Greeting/Sig|Send Img Msg|No Ans Tstone|Dpad on Call|Vid Delete Btns|AutoSpeaker via ProxSensor
Thanked by dragonol2, sunshine_girl
Old 02/16/2010, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
I submitted it the same day I started this thread...We just have to be patient with all that has been going on, i.e. the AUPT update & 1.4 on the horizon.

Feel free to install the patch via WOSQI...It'll works just fine that way with AUPT compliance.

Worked like a CHARM!!! Installed via WOSQI and loving the tweak. Thanx a bunch, props to all you developers!
dragonol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2010, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks so much! I've been missing this patch since it stopped working months ago.
Change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2010, 11:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Can the patch be made to open to the missed call list instead of All Calls?

Thanks!
geneziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2010, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneziz View Post
Can the patch be made to open to the missed call list instead of All Calls?

Thanks!
It's possible.

Why the preference?

Old 02/20/2010, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
It's possible.

Why the preference?

Because I am more concerned with the calls I missed, rather than with the all calls.

Thanks!

Last edited by geneziz; 02/20/2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02/21/2010, 06:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneziz View Post
Because I am more concerned with the calls I missed, rather than with the all calls.

Thanks!
Things to remember...

1. The missed call are in the All Calls list.
2. The phone provides notifications for all missed calls, and you can tap the icon of the notification to go directly to the missed call list. (or use my patch below for the whole notification)

Anyhow, here's a modified version of the patch...I don't have time to test the functionality, but I know it will install/uninstall without issue.

Unless there's an outcry, I'm not going to submit this one for Preware.

Attached Files
File Type: patch default-to-MISSED-log.patch (2.4 KB, 8 views) Email Attachment

Thanked By: geneziz
Old 02/23/2010, 01:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Things to remember...

1. The missed call are in the All Calls list.
2. The phone provides notifications for all missed calls, and you can tap the icon of the notification to go directly to the missed call list. (or use my patch below for the whole notification)

Anyhow, here's a modified version of the patch...I don't have time to test the functionality, but I know it will install/uninstall without issue.

Unless there's an outcry, I'm not going to submit this one for Preware.

Thanks so much! I really appriciate it!
Old 02/24/2010, 12:44 AM   #12 (permalink)

thank you.
IKOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2010, 04:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Does this patch work in webOS 1.4 yet? I noticed there is a patch in Preware for "Open to call log" but it states it is not available for 1.4 yet.

Thanks.
Old 02/28/2010, 04:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

I've been doing some other fiddling around with my phone, but I'm hoping to get some time to get this one updated later tonight after our guests leave.

Thanked by JayKC, MissDiva
Old 02/28/2010, 04:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Was just coming to look about this one thanks in advance!
MissDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2010, 04:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I've been doing some other fiddling around with my phone, but I'm hoping to get some time to get this one updated later tonight after our guests leave.

Great, thank you again for this patch!
Old 03/03/2010, 10:28 AM   #17 (permalink)

Any luck getting this patch to work in 1.4? The new call log format in 1.4 makes it an ideal quick dial type app, and this patch would make it complete!

Thanks for your work on this.
Old 03/03/2010, 10:40 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
Any luck getting this patch to work in 1.4? The new call log format in 1.4 makes it an ideal quick dial type app, and this patch would make it complete!

Thanks for your work on this.
I totally agree...Unfortunately, I had a few snags on some other patches, so I didn't get to this one yet.

I'm hoping to get to it today though because I need it too.

Thanked by JayKC, sunshine_girl
Old 03/03/2010, 02:12 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I totally agree...Unfortunately, I had a few snags on some other patches, so I didn't get to this one yet.

I'm hoping to get to it today though because I need it too.

No need to, webOS 1.4 now does this by default (sort of). The phone app will open to the last thing you closed it on. If you toss the phone card away while it is open to the call log, it will reopen there. If you toss the card away on the dialpad, it will open back up to there.

If you don't believe me try it.
cwgtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/03/2010, 02:21 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
No need to, webOS 1.4 now does this by default (sort of). The phone app will open to the last thing you closed it on. If you toss the phone card away while it is open to the call log, it will reopen there. If you toss the card away on the dialpad, it will open back up to there.

If you don't believe me try it.
Actually, the Phone app had this behavior somewhat under 1.3.5 also, but it was only exhibited after a none dialpad outgoing call which they seem to have fixed.

This patch forces the call log scene after each outgoing call is ended, and it defaults to the call log not matter what scene you're on when you close the Phone app.

Tags
patch

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0