Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Ok, so I had several patches on my phone.

Recently, I got all of the updates for the AUPT, and I started updating, then noticed that a few patches simply WONT update or let themselves be removed. I can't remove them via PreWare of WebOS Quick Install.

I successfully webOS Doctored my phone, thinking that would solve my problem. Now, the patches are NOT there, but Preware and WebOS QI still think that they are, hence why they can't remove them, maybe?

Either way, how do I get rid of them so I can re-install and update?

I still am not understanding how they could think they were there after doctoring my phone... strange...

Anyway, here's the patches that are stuck:
    1. Defeault to Month View
    2. All-Day Events in Month View
    3. Battery Percent and Icon White
    4. Call Duration in Call Log
    5. Character Counter
    6. Enable LED Notifications
    7. Gesture Tap for Info and Delete
    8. Show Wifi SSID
    run emergency patch recovery tool
    I believe there is a file in your media partition that tells Preware and webOS QI that these are the patches installed. You may want to delete that file.

Edit: I think its called webos-patches.log
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I believe there is a file in your media partition that tells Preware and webOS QI that these are the patches installed. You may want to delete that file.

It is called ".webosinternals.patches.packages". You can open that file in a text editor and delete any lines with a patch that you know for sure is removed.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    run emergency patch recovery tool
    I've ran this twice with no luck. I appreciate your suggestion, though.

Are you sure I should delete the log file? I'm willing to try but I'd prefer not to have to doctor my phone again if it messes with PreWare or the existing patches that are functional...

Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    It is called ".webosinternals.patches.packages". You can open that file in a text editor and delete any lines with a patch that you know for sure is removed.
    Great advice, however none of the patches that are "stuck" are in the list in that file.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    Are you sure I should delete the log file? I'm willing to try but I'd prefer not to have to doctor my phone again if it messes with PreWare or the existing patches that are functional...

Great advice, however none of the patches that are "stuck" are in the list in that file.

I'm pretty sure you can delete the log file. But I'm also pretty sure it is just a log file.

Have a look in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications and see if there is a directory that matches the stuck patches. Again if you are sure the patch is removed, you can probably delete it (or move it somewhere so you have a backup). Looking in the .patch and in the patched files is a good way to know if it is removed.

Or: you can wait and see if someone that actually knows what they are talking about posts, because I'm pretty much guessing here.

*** EDIT ***
    For future reference: Look further down in the thread. It turns out I was right. I really DON'T know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by frause; 02/08/2010 at 02:28 PM.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure you can delete the log file. But I'm also pretty sure it is just a log file.

Have a look in /media/cryptofs/usr/palm/applications and see if there is a directory that matches the stuck patches. Again if you are sure the patch is removed, you can probably delete it (or move it somewhere so you have a backup). Looking in the .patch and in the patched files is a good way to know if it is removed.

Or: you can wait and see if someone that actually knows what they are talking about posts, because I'm pretty much guessing here.
    I'm not seeing that directory...

I'm positive they are removed. Every patch was successfully removed when I webOS Doctor'd my phone. I then used WOSQI to reinstall the patches that I had on before, and noticed that some of them (even after doctoring) said that they were still installed... When I tried to remove them (again) to reinstall, it gives me the error message and the option to check the IPKG Log.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Here's the error I get when I try to uninstall...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Heh! That error means that the patch is actually installed. So now you have to remove the patch.

Edit:
    Sorry, I read that wrong. You are correct.
    Last edited by frause; 02/08/2010 at 01:24 PM.

I'm not seeing that directory...
    Ok, either install the Internalz file manager or setup a ssh/sftp server on the pre so you can access the internal filesystem.

use this error message and do step #2 from the link in my signature below.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Ok, either install the Internalz file manager or setup a ssh/sftp server on the pre so you can access the internal filesystem.
    Installed Internalz. Still no "cryptofs" folder.

There is no file you should touch manually. webos-patches.log is a log file to help us debug errors in rare circumstances.

You shouldn't need to touch any file manually. This was only done for 1 day as a workaround for QI 3.0 bug. QI 3.01 has already fixed the issue, and this file does not need to be touched manually at any point in time. It is a courtesy so that things like EPR can clean up quickly.

The current issue is failing to remove an old-style patch that had the old prerm that failed after doctor. The new AUPT patches will remove fine after a doctor. To remove non-AUPT patches you should choose one of these options:

EPR before doctoring to wipe all patches.

Partial Erase before or after doctoring to clean up ipkg data (will erase all apps too).

Run the advanced ipkg command from the command line of a terminal (like terminal app) to remove specific "stuck" patches, or ALL patch ipkg data.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    use this error message and do step #2 from the link in my signature below.
    Step 2 will remove a stock palm file. Please do NOT do this.

Also QI 2.96 should not be used, QI 3.01 contains full AUPT compatibility.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    There is no file you should touch manually. webos-patches.log is a log file to help us debug errors in rare circumstances.

You shouldn't need to touch any file manually. This was only done for 1 day as a workaround for QI 3.0 bug. QI 3.01 has already fixed the issue, and this file does not need to be touched manually at any point in time. It is a courtesy so that things like EPR can clean up quickly.

The current issue is failing to remove an old-style patch that had the old prerm that failed after doctor. The new AUPT patches will remove fine after a doctor. To remove non-AUPT patches you should choose one of these options:

EPR before doctoring to wipe all patches.

Partial Erase before or after doctoring to clean up ipkg data (will erase all apps too).

Run the advanced ipkg command from the command line of a terminal (like terminal app) to remove specific "stuck" patches, or ALL patch ipkg data.
    I ran EPR twice before resorting to doctoring to get the patches off (which failed to clear them up)

I'd prefer not to doctor again, if possible.

Can you elaborate on the "advanced ipkg command" from the command line? I'm installing the terminal app as we speak...

Also, I am using the updated WOQI v 3.01
    Last edited by mfive; 02/08/2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: wosqi version.
    Installed Internalz. Still no "cryptofs" folder.
    What webOS version are you in?

/media/cryptofs appeared in 1.3.5 as far as I remember, then Palm moved all your installed apps here.

If you don't have it, maybe it's because you have a previous version...

and you should search for the files in /usr/palm/app/etcetcetc
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    What webOS version are you in?

/media/cryptofs appeared in 1.3.5 as far as I remember, then Palm moved all your installed apps here.

If you don't have it, maybe it's because you have a previous version...

and you should search for the files in /usr/palm/app/etcetcetc

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/... not /media/cryptofs/usr/...

But these directories should NOT be manually messed with unless you personally know EXACTLY what you are doing.

-Eric G

Donate
    I ran EPR twice before resorting to doctoring to get the patches off (which failed to clear them up)

I'd prefer not to doctor again, if possible.

Can you elaborate on the "advanced ipkg command" from the command line? I'm installing the terminal app as we speak...

Also, I am using the updated WOQI v 3.01
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove <packageid>

Be SURE that the patch is actually unapplied from stock palm files before doing that.

-Eric G

Donate
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove <packageid>

Be SURE that the patch is actually unapplied from stock palm files before doing that.
    I am seeing the cryptofs file. Stupid error on my part, because the Internalz app starts by default above that directory. Just had to navigate back to find the cyptofs.

I'm going to try the suggestion in the quote above first. These patches HAVE to be removed if I doctor'd my phone, correct?
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/... not /media/cryptofs/usr/...

But these directories should NOT be manually messed with unless you personally know EXACTLY what you are doing.
    I know, I know, I was just trying to help by making a point

I do not personally endorse messing up with system files (altough I love to do it.. hehehe)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast