Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    I am seeing the cryptofs file. Stupid error on my part, because the Internalz app starts by default above that directory. Just had to navigate back to find the cyptofs.

I'm going to try the suggestion in the quote above first. These patches HAVE to be removed if I doctor'd my phone, correct?
    Yes they are unapplied if you doctor'd without question.

There is NO solution that involves manually touching files. The solution is the 'ipkg -o' command I listed above.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I couldn't see the full package names for the patches I needed to uninstall in Internalz, so I used the terminal instead to view the package names...

Here's what I did, in case anyone has a similar issue...

- Install the Terminal app.
    - Navigate in the terminal app using "cd" to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    - run "ls" at the command line to get a directory listing of that directory
    - Find the package names in the directory associated with the patch you need to manuallly remove.
    - Run the ipkg-o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.packagename.here-to-remove
    - Recheck in Preware to make sure the patch is gone.

I used webOS Quick Install's terminal to run the ipkg command, however, I could not get it to navigate using cd. Not sure if that was an error on my part or it's just not supported?
    Last edited by mfive; 02/08/2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: brevity
    Quote Originally Posted by mfive View Post
    I couldn't see the package names for the patches I needed to uninstall in Internalz, so I used the terminal instead to view the package names...

Here's what I did, in case anyone has a similar issue...

- Install the Terminal app.
    - Navigate in the terminal app using "cd" to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    - run "ls" at the command line to get a directory listing of that directory
    - Find the package names in the directory associated with the patch you need to manuallly remove.
    - Run the ipkg-o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.packagename.here-to-remove
    - Recheck in Preware to make sure the patch is gone.

I used webOS Quick Install's terminal to run the ipkg command, however, I could not get it to navigate using cd. Not sure if that was an error on my part or it's just not supported?
    Just an FYI, Preware tells you the package id under "ID".

Also this should never be needed with AUPT patches. If an AUPT patch will not remove there is most likely a valid reason.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Just posting to get my post count to 10. jeez
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12