1.    #1  
    i use "garbage collect javascript heap" from jsTop all the time to try to free up as much memory as possible for my poor november 09 pre and i usually keep jstop open all the time to do this now. however the other day, i had a few things open, and i couldnt open any more. i couldnt even open jsTOP to free up memory! so, because of this, it would be cool if the action on "garbage collect javascript heap" was in the top bar menu. i wouldnt have to keep jstop open all the time, and i could free up memory to open it if i needed to, just from the top bar!

i am waiting for one of my patch ideas yet to be fully realised, and i think this one is important..atleast for my pre

thanks
    cheers

btw off topic: anyone know what to do about this?
    TTT
    Bump
    umm, not to be rude, but why not just use the Advanced Launcher Options patch?

It has a "Run Garbage Collectors" button that not only runs the Javascript GC but also a special Java GC for the Java services.

If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    umm, not to be rude, but why not just use the Advanced Launcher Options patch?

It has a "Run Garbage Collectors" button that not only runs the Javascript GC but also a special Java GC for the Java services.

Stumbled across this, thanks for the heads up. I've seen the patch multiple times in preware, but I don't see the part about the garbage collectors in the preware patch description so I overlooked it.

Anyways, just installed and works well. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Ok, so I have a question on this patch: Isn't webOS running GC when you attempt to launch an app? (I can't believe that it's not...) Is this patch doing something unique or different than what the OS would do on its own??