1.    #1  
    I've had a patch that was half installed for months and finally wanted to get rid of it. Error is a file not found. Tried Preware and Quick Install.

finally Doctored back to stock 1.3.5.1 but the patch still shows in Quick Install device management. And I still can't remove it or add any new ones.

what else can I try?
    Quote Originally Posted by eKennedy View Post
    I've had a patch that was half installed for months and finally wanted to get rid of it. Error is a file not found. Tried Preware and Quick Install.

finally Doctored back to stock 1.3.5.1 but the patch still shows in Quick Install device management. And I still can't remove it or add any new ones.

what else can I try?
    partial erase and doctor
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

what else can I try?
    If you dr'd it then the patch is Gone, It doesnt matter what WOSQI says!

Dr = No Patches period.

What version of WOSQI?

Make sure its 3.01

do you have devmode enabled?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

the new doctors don't erase everything use the 1.2.1 doctor
    thats not true 2sslow because i installed jason's gps in device menu and data in device menu patch three months ago and still cannot remove or install any of the multi patches because of it and ive doctored and been through several updates as well. lol ive tried everything lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    thats not true 2sslow because i installed jason's gps in device menu and data in device menu patch three months ago and still cannot remove or install any of the multi patches because of it and ive doctored and been through several updates as well. lol ive tried everything lol
    You are incorrect sir! If you have a something lingering after a visit to the DR. then its a problem w/ something saved in your palm Profile. Next time you Dr either do a full erase before you Dr, or log in w/ a new Palm Profile!

Repeat.... The DR. is a totally fresh image period. The problem is your Palm Profile!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

dr does not erase everything right?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    dr does not erase everything right?
    Yes it erases Everything!

After the Dr. you have to log in w/ your Palm Profile which replaces the stuff you have stored on your usb drive and some settings and official apps from the app store. So if you log in as a new Profile It WILL be a totally fresh Pre.

Some things like the added pages will still be there but the Patch will be gone.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yes it erases Everything!

After the Dr. you have to log in w/ your Palm Profile which replaces the stuff you have stored on your usb drive and some settings and official apps from the app store. So if you log in as a new Profile It WILL be a totally fresh Pre.

Some things like the added pages will still be there but the Patch will be gone.

huh.

I doctored for the first time yesterday. All my personal stuff (music, pics) remained.

also for some reason MHS which I had removed, showed up again!

I believe part is let alone (music some pdk and other data) and some is backed up to profile.

a full erase + dr + new profile is probably the only way to get back to original.

or that 1.2 business.

anyway, I don't like that Mobile Hot Spot is in some way permanently bound to my profile or pre. I dl'd it from palm themselves, the night it showed up tried it, never used it or got it working with patches.

I am going to work on cleansing myself of it one of these days. Perhaps the pd3 file?
    There are 2 ways to clean completely.

1 Full erase then DR.
    2 Dr. then new Profile

All 3 works too but unnecessary

Follow the link below.

11.    #11  
    The particular patch that was giving me trouble was Confirm Email Delete. It definitely survived just a Doctor, so I'm not sure if it came back with the profile restore or what.

But the partial erase before a re-Doctor did the trick. I'm all good now.

Thanks
    The particular patch that was giving me trouble was Confirm Email Delete. It definitely survived just a Doctor, so I'm not sure if it came back with the profile restore or what.

But the partial erase before a re-Doctor did the trick. I'm all good now.

Thanks
    You Just contradicted yourself....If you did a partial erase first then you also modified your Palm Profile!

THE DR. ERASES EVERYTHING PERIOD! ITS JUST LIKE FORMATING YOUR HARDDRIVE ON A WINDOWS MACHINE. EVERYTHING IS GONE!!!!

Follow the link below.

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    You Just contradicted yourself....If you did a partial erase first then you also modified your Palm Profile!

THE DR. ERASES EVERYTHING PERIOD! ITS JUST LIKE FORMATING YOUR HARDDRIVE ON A WINDOWS MACHINE. EVERYTHING IS GONE!!!!
    I meant that you might have been right about the patch coming back when my profile was re-synced after the first Doctor. I don't know exactly what's synced with the profile, so maybe that bad patch came back with it.

But after I did a Partial Erase, and then did the Doctor, the bad patch didn't come back at all.

So I don't know why it worked, but the Doctor by itself didn't do the trick, and adding the step of doing the Partial Erase first did.
    Last edited by eKennedy; 02/06/2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    I meant that you might have been right about the patch coming back when my profile was re-synced after the first Doctor. I don't know exactly what's synced with the profile, so maybe that bad patch came back with it.

ANYTHING THATS NOT STOCK

But after I did a Partial Erase, and then did the Doctor, the bad patch didn't come back at all.

So I don't know why it worked, but the Doctor by itself didn't do the trick, and adding the step of doing the Partial Erase first did.
    I just told you why!

Follow the link below.

Why not just remove it through terminal using ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove COMPLETE.PATCH.NAME.HERE if your comfortable with that.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 02/07/2010 at 01:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Why not just remove it through terminal using ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove org.webosinternals.patches.PATCHNAMEHERE if your comfortable with that.
    I fixed a problem w/ your post! lol

Thats not exactly correct either...That script only works if you installed it via PreWare. If you installed via WOSQI then it would be like this:

ipkg -o /media/cryptofs/apps remove ca.canucksoftware.patches.gmaps-fullscreen

The point is you need to know the EXACT file name before you attempt this way.

Otherwise its the best way to remove for sure!

Follow the link below.