Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey, Dieter and everyone else that always have new email: This patch disables LED notifications for email.

You still have to enable the LED throbber for other notifications with the "enable LED notifications" patch, this just disables them for email.

*** UPDATE ***
    Changelog:
    *2010-02-08: Fixed incompability with Email Notification Repeat
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by frause; 02/08/2010 at 12:12 PM.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Perfect! Thanks for creating this one for sure.

Did you submit this to Preware???
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Did you submit this to Preware???
    Yes I did, and it's been approved. But for some reason it isn't showning up in Preware yet.
  4.    #4  
    It's available i Preware now.
  5.    #5  
    Theres a new version in the first post that fixes an incompability with the Email Notification Repeat patch. Thanks Juan, for alerting me on this!

If you want to use Notification Repeat together with this patch you should use the new version. If not, there is no need to upgrade.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
    Quote Originally Posted by frause View Post
    Theres a new version in the first post that fixes an incompability with the Email Notification Repeat patch. Thanks Juan, for alerting me on this!

If you want to use Notification Repeat together with this patch you should use the new version. If not, there is no need to upgrade.
    Thank you!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Ahhh. So *that's* who I have to be to get my problems and suggestions quickly implemented by the patching community :-)
    Thank you for this one. Got tired of barly opening my eyes, noticing the LED blinking thinking it maybe something important, and check it messing up my eyes just to realize it's a dumb *** email about travel discounts. My eye balls thank you.
    I didn't have enable LED notifications installed, and I thought that was the problem. But I've installed that and it still fails

Postint: 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file user/palm/applications/com.palm.email/app/controllers/email-dashboard-assistant.rj.rej

Failed ErrorGenericMethodException:Failure during post-install script execution.

Not too much to go on. Everything else seems normal. Any ideas?

Thanks.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahubbard View Post
    I didn't have enable LED notifications installed, and I thought that was the problem. But I've installed that and it still fails

Postint: 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file user/palm/applications/com.palm.email/app/controllers/email-dashboard-assistant.rj.rej

Failed ErrorGenericMethodException:Failure during post-install script execution.

Not too much to go on. Everything else seems normal. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    What other email patches do you have installed? Another patch touching the same lines of code will make it fail.
    What other email patches do you have installed? Another patch touching the same lines of code will make it fail.
    I am having the same exact problem mentioned this is the only patch still stuck on aupt-2. The other email patches I have on my phone are delete from notificatation, enable landscape email, and read/delete all email. Any ideas?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemiester04 View Post
    I am having the same exact problem mentioned this is the only patch still stuck on aupt-2. The other email patches I have on my phone are delete from notificatation, enable landscape email, and read/delete all email. Any ideas?
    Well, it isn't one of those patches. Are you installing via Preware or WOSQI?

Well, it isn't one of those patches. Are you installing via Preware or WOSQI?
    I'm using preware
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemiester04 View Post
    I'm using preware
    Did you install this patch or the email notification repeat patch before, either with WOSQI or Preware? If you run the Emergency File Verification in Preware, what does it say?

Did you install this patch or the email notification repeat patch before, either with WOSQI or Preware? If you run the Emergency File Verification in Preware, what does it say?
    I installed it when it first came out on preware then updated it to aupt-2 then when the update to aupt-3 came I used the update all button and this patch didn't update but it still works on my phone even though it is not on the list of installed patches!

EPV results say: postinst detected patches that must be removed and reinstalled to to maintain correct handling of auto update and ota compatability packagerg.webosinternals.patches.screen-lock-disable-led-notifications-for-email aupt 2
    Remove:no packages removed nothing to be done
    Error generic method exception: failure during post-install script execution

thank you for your help by the way!
  16.    #16  
    What happens if you remove the patch and then reinstall it?
    What happens if you remove the patch and then reinstall it?
    it doesn't show that the patch is installed so I don't have the option to remove it on preware. Is there another way to remove it without having to use epr?
    same issue installing after 1.4 update
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by danno1769 View Post
    same issue installing after 1.4 update
    Sorry, I don't know any way except installing Emergency Patch Recovery, which will try to remove all patches. I've never experienced this myself.
    hey guys, i'm looking to INSTALL the LED notifications for my texts, calls, etc.. where do i find that patch? just wondering because i'm still new to all this
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast