1.    #1  
    Maybe I'm just weird, but I always feel like I need to open my notifications when they appear in the notification bar. I'm used to opening them for emails and texts, and have developed the same habit for phone calls. As such, I tap on the missed call notification and it immediately dials the number. I typically don't mean to call the person at that specific time, and frantically hit the "End Call" button. But by that time it's too late!

(This "issue" has really embarassed me when checking my notifications late at night or in the early morning hours. Oops!)

"Why don't I *just* not click on the notification?" you ask? Because I can't! I just have to click on it and can't help it!

Anyway, if anyone could create a patch that redirects to your call history screen instead of dialing the number, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
    Karla
    I don't think you're weird. I haven't actually done this yet, but only because I'm usually ignoring my calls deliberately, and I enjoy tossing the notifications of the side of the screen. *hehehe*

Anyway, I don't have any idea how to do what you're asking, but I'll add my vote. At the very least, tapping on the notification should take you to the phone app with the phone number loaded and ready to go, but it should let you decide when you want to hit the dial button. Hell, there's already been a couple of times when I put the phone up to my ear and waited for it to ring for at least 30 seconds before I realized I hadn't hit the dial button yet.
    I liked this idea...Under no circumstances, do I want to accidentally call back a missed call.

So here's a patch that makes tapping the whole notification act the same as the the icon...It will go to the missed call list and clear the notification.

Please try it out...If it works OK, I'll submit it for Preware.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    +1 i like it... how would i DL this?
    quick install??
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz39 View Post
    +1 i like it... how would i DL this?
    quick install??
    For now, click the link and save it, so you can use it through WOSQI.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    I liked this idea...Under no circumstances, do I want to accidentally call back a missed call.

So here's a patch that makes tapping the whole notification act the same as the the icon...It will go to the missed call list and clear the notification.

This looks good! I have a request though, it seems as though you have a good handle on the code for the Phone app...Maybe you could work on fixing the open to call log patch or rewrite it completely as it seems to be totally broken.

That was my most used patch and I miss it very much.

So basically instead of the phone app opening to the dialer have it open to the call log.

Thanks in advance.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    So basically instead of the phone app opening to the dialer have it open to the call log.
    So you're saying it opens to the dialer and NOT the call log as described? (I would try it myself but I don't have access to webOS QI at the moment.)

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    This looks good! I have a request though, it seems as though you have a good handle on the code for the Phone app...Maybe you could work on fixing the open to call log patch or rewrite it completely as it seems to be totally broken.

That was my most used patch and I miss it very much.

Thanks in advance.
    I wouldn't say I have a good handle on the code.

However, I think there's a bug in the Phone app because it seems the scene management breaks anytime a call is initiated from outside the app, i.e. a link, GSA, or a quick dial app.

Personally, I would like it to default to something, so I'm going to be looking at the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    So you're saying it opens to the dialer and NOT the call log as described? (I would try it myself but I don't have access to webOS QI at the moment.)

ME
    No! I havnt tried this patch because it doesnt appeal to me, I was asking for a different patch.

I wouldn't say I have a good handle on the code.

However, I think there's a bug in the Phone app because it seems the scene management breaks anytime a call is initiated from outside the app, i.e. a link, GSA, or a quick dial app.

Personally, I would like it to default to something, so I'm going to be looking at the issue.

Thanks, could you pm me if you get something working on this? I might be able to help a little as Ive created about 20 patches or so in PreWare.. I just dont have the coding ability to get this one working.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

The patch works great! Thanks!
    Can you please get rid of the "drag to Unlock" screen???
    Thanks!
    I kind of get this but its really not necessary.
    Just wondering how many people have noticed if you tap the missed call icon on the far left of the notification it opens to call log natively!

I understand you might want this patch in case you miss the icon and hit the caller by mistake.

Follow the link below.

I installed this patch and it would dial the numbers in the background. I ended having several confernce calls going and had to click the phone app to close them out.
    Just wondering how many people have noticed if you tap the missed call icon on the far left of the notification it opens to call log natively!

I understand you might want this patch in case you miss the icon and hit the caller by mistake.
    I can certainly agree...It's all preferences.

I mentioned the icon & the reasoning in the patch thread OP.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I installed this patch and it would dial the numbers in the background. I ended having several confernce calls going and had to click the phone app to close them out.
    I couldn't get it do that...Could it be BT headset related?

I don't have one of those.

Anything is possible, but it seems unlikely given the code involved.

Would be great to have the functions inverted, tap the big text-button opens the log, small icon calls back, that way we wouldn't lose functionality!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Would be great to have the functions inverted, tap the big text-button opens the log, small icon calls back, that way we wouldn't lose functionality!
    Makes sense...Here ya go...This one should simply reverse the tap functions of the icon and the text area.

Personally, I don't mind the 1 extra tap if I wanted to actually callback a missed call.

Attached Files Attached Files

The patch is submitted for Preware.

[Patch] No Missed Call Callback

Makes sense...Here ya go...This one should simply reverse the tap functions of the icon and the text area.

Personally, I don't mind the 1 extra tap if I wanted to actually callback a missed call.
    xanthinealkaloid, may I suggest that you start a new thread and post both versions of your patch (along with Preware availablity), along with descriptions and how the patches differ from the (relatively unknown) native functionally? I think that would be very helpful. BTW, thanks for the nice work!

2sslow, I would also suggest that you post your find on the tips and tricks thread (unless it's already there). My guess is the native functionality unknown to most users.

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    xanthinealkaloid, may I suggest that you start a new thread and post both versions of your patch (along with Preware availablity), along with descriptions and how the patches differ from the (relatively unknown) native functionally? I think that would be very helpful. BTW, thanks for the nice work!

2sslow, I would also suggest that you post your find on the tips and tricks thread (unless it's already there). My guess is the native functionality unknown to most users.

ME
    You're welcome.

Actually, I had put in a brief explanation of the missed call notification in the OP of the patch thread, [Patch] No Missed Call Callback...It's in boldface now, so it stands out better...Also, the 2nd version is already posted in the patch thread.

I wasn't sure if it was worth submitting the 2nd version for Preware, but I probably will when I get a chance.

19.    #20  
    Wow! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Sorry for the delay and not being around to test the patch when you first posted it.

I just installed the "No Missed Call Callback" patch, and it works fantastic!

Also, thanks to 2sslow for reminding me about the icon. I knew tapping the icon for emails took me to the email list, but I'd only do that if I had a bunch of emails lined up. I never even thought about tapping the icon for a missed call!

Either way, I LOVE the patch! It will definitely come in handy!

Karla