Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I've had this patch installed for months and it's one of my favorites (I noticed there's no official thread for it which is why I'm posting here). For the heck of it I tried something out today that I'd never done. I started swiping multiple times without hitting delete or cancel. It seems that what happens is every time you swipe a new email, the one that was just highlighted with the confirmation disappears and is indeed deleted.

So my question is, is this patch simply turning on some control/component that Palm has in their SDK, and/or is there any hope of customizing this? My thought is that this can be used as the poor man's "mark for deletion." Currently multiple swipes is sort of like disabling part of the confirmation functionality (or limiting it) for a temporary instance. Might there be a way for the confirmations to stay up so that you could have multiple up at a time, or will #WebOS not support this? If it would, I think it would be a little closer to "mark for deletion" although still not there yet. Also wondering if maybe hitting a particular key (or even an imposed icon like those introduced in the "delete all" patch might then allow you to only delete the emails that have the confirmations up??

Just a thought.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I cant even install the damn thing. I used to have it, but doctored my phone for an update. It says I have it installed, but wont let me uninstall it or update it. What gives?
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I would like to see the functionality of this applied to the delete (trashcan) button as well. I can't tell you how many times I have opened an email then accidentally deleted it.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Since the patch in question seems to simply change one word...

Code:
    autoconfirmDelete: true,
    is changed to...

Code:
    autoconfirmDelete: false,
    I think what you're looking for would take a lot more coding. That's not to say it isn't possible, just that it will be more than just a small adjustment to the current patch.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  5. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    then sounds like another patch may be needed. wish it was something
    I knew how to do.

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    I would like to see the functionality of this applied to the delete (trashcan) button as well. I can't tell you how many times I have opened an email then accidentally deleted it.
    Agreed, here's the way I see it...If I make a swiping motion, clearly I want to delete the email (and don't really need a confirmation). When I accidentally hit the trashcan button I really wish there was a confirmation pop-up.
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    My feeling exactly!

Hopefully someone sees this and feels kind enough to create the patch needed...

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.