Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Is there any interest and possibility to have alarms force the volume to 100%?

Sadly, alarms share volume with media. So if I want to listen to some music or the Sound Machine app while going to bed, the alarm ends up being too soft.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Is this a limitation of what is possible right now or a lack of interest sort of thing? If it's the latter, I'd be willing to discuss some compensation for the time.

I am surprised this doesn't bother more people. I'd love to be able to listen to Slacker or the Sound Machine softly while I fall asleep without lowering the alarm volume (and risk not waking up in the morning).

Ahh well, if no responses I won't "bump" again. Thanks for the time.
    I definitely think the alarm volume should be set separately. the alarm volume should alway have it's own setting. Many times i turn down the sound all the way down to play games. than wonder why my alarm doesn't go off the next day.
    The alarm on the stock Clock App uses system volume, not the Media volume.

There have been many requests like this by people - like myself - who would prefer to use Timpiece but can't because of the volume issues.

So far, it doesn't seem to be a possibility. :-\
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    The alarm on the stock Clock App uses system volume, not the Media volume.
    This isn't accurate on my phone at least (obviously I cannot speak for anyone else). If I go into Slacker or Sound Machine and lower the volume (making sure the other volumes are still at max), then set an alarm to go off in a few minutes... it plays very very quietly. If I adjust that alarm out a few more minutes then raise the volume in one of the previously mentioned apps (which has the music symbol) then the alarm that goes off in a few minutes is very loud again.