1.    #1  
    Hoping to get a bit of feedback on this one, but it should be rather simple.

The intention of this patch is to simply fix the "empty ad box" issue in Pandora. What this does is check for a specific issue in Pandora's ad service for a bad ad URL. If the URL is bad, instead of displaying an empty ad box, it will not display the box at all.

This patch does not disable ads entirely.

Yes, it's possible. No, I won't tell you how or make a patch for it. That's immoral

It's likely, and hopeful that Palm/Pandora will fix this issue in the future, so it may only be a relevant patch for a short time. If Palm fixes the issue, this patch should not break anything.

Once I get a few good "OK" responses, I'll submit this one formally to Preware.

I have only tested this on WebOS 1.3.5.1 with Pandora 1.0.0 (look in bottom right corner as Pandora starts to see its version), so if anyone would like to test it on WebOS 1.3.1 or WebOS 1.3.5.2 (should not change much), or some other version of Pandora, that would be great.

For those who don't know how to install .patch files:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...les-wosqi.html
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Good idea. That is somewhat irritating when it happens.
    Thanks, it will take some time to know for sure if there are no more empty ads though, but I'll take your word haha.
    Since you know how to view the coding on the Pandora application, perhaps you would consider looking into a feature that is available in the Music application and the Music (Remix) application...the ability to access the 'notification' while the screen is in lock mode.

For example, on the touchstone, if I'm playing Pandora, I would LOVE to be able to thumbsup, thumbsdown, or pause a song without unlocking the screen every time. Possible? Are you able to do this?
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
  4. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    i'm a bit confused. My pandora app doesnt and never had any ads.
    Couldn't this ad be modified so that is block anything that comes up? Something like putting the * where the null part goes?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    i'm a bit confused. My pandora app doesnt and never had any ads.
    They don't always appear, it seems to be based on specific songs, and you have to be playing it for a while. If you don't get ads, then you're fine :P (Also, installing this patch when you do not get ads should not affect Pandora in any way either)

Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    Couldn't this ad be modified so that is block anything that comes up? Something like putting the * where the null part goes?
    Re-read my post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Law;
    This patch does not disable ads entirely.

Yes, it's possible. No, I won't tell you how or make a patch for it. That's immoral
    What about if you where dared to do it?
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    double dare?... alot of times when im running and want to thunmbs up a song i end up clicked the dern addd...
  9.    #9  
    Moving the ad might be a future patch possibility, but until you guys find alternate ways to fund Pandora I'm not removing the ads, dare or no dare >.>