Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Is it me or am I the only one that this patch isnt working for? Everytime I use this patch only the very first contact of my contacts gets sent out as a vcard file. what gives? has anyone gotten this patch to work? I installed it via preware, do I need to install it via WOSQIS? Any help woudl be appreciated.
    I've never been able to get the patch/option to work. So idk. I even left it running over night a few times so whatever.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Yea thats what I did and although it was completed and in my email, when I go to open the vcard its only one contact (the first contact in my phonebook) If there was a way to export all my pre contacts so I can import them into yahoo and gmail do a duplicate contacts clean up, merge the 3 and have on integrated contact list that would be great! Because synergy sometimes isnt so synergetic! smh.

and im constantly finding contacts that need linking and it gets pretty tedious after a while. Id much rather link contacts via the PC vs. the Pre. Any suggestions help on this anyone?
    Weird, I had trouble dowloading the patch initially but once I did I was able to import the contacts to my gmail account without a problem.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pkisme View Post
    Weird, I had trouble dowloading the patch initially but once I did I was able to import the contacts to my gmail account without a problem.
    How did you install the patch? Was it via preware or WOSQI? Sometimes i've found that that can make a difference. Also did it export ALL your contacts like it says, including your Facebook or other accounts like yahoo etc? if so thats exactly what I need and not just contacts w/ phone numbers.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    OK so I deleted and reinstalled via WOSQI and still the same thing.(only one contact showing up on the Vcard file, and then I read the posts on the homepage about this patch and the files are there and are actually all visible when you open them up w/ excel. I am going to try and import the file to gmail contacts and see if it recieves all of them! hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Ok so eventhough the Vcard only showed my first contact they are all in fact there, and I just was able to import all 2065 yes 2065 contacts to my yahoo and gmail both! now its time to link all these contacts which are spread across FB yahoo and gmail.. I wonder what the condensed # will be??? ANyway I will do a merge duplicates first then start from there... let the days of work begin :/
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    The patch export to a Vcard that contains all your contacts in a single file. You need to use a 3rd party program if you want to break out the individual contacts. But as Chichi said if you upload the file to say gmail, outlook etc it will see all the contacts within the file.
    This just hang on preparing contacts to be sent. Waiting and waiting. Hours and hours. I only have a few hundred contacts. Why the wait? Is it ever going to finish?