Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 125
  1. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #1  
    This is my app launcher patch. I tinkered with the spacing and size to get it just how I like it, which is 4x4 with NO ARROWS AT THE BOTTOM (for real this time). I also added in the 'add/delete pages' patch and 'gesture tap for info/delete' patch, since they touch the same files. Created using Jason Robitaille's UnifiedDiffCreator.

    Tested and working on webos 1.4.1.1 (sprint).

    Changelog:
    2010-02-12: Fixed the "no arrows" feature. Fixed word wrap.
    2010-03-28: Submitted update for better compatibility with other patches.
    2010-04-05: Submitted update to fix error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cwgtex; 05/04/2010 at 03:22 PM.
  2. #2  
    Since I have the other two patches already installed do I need to uninstall them before I install this one. Anyway we can get the 4x4 patch by itself?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Since I have the other two patches already installed do I need to uninstall them before I install this one. Anyway we can get the 4x4 patch by itself?
    Really?

    YES! you cannot have two patches that do the same thing!


    BTW cwgtex will chime in im sure but it doesnt look from the patch that the 4x4 can be extracted but Im sure he could make one for you.
    Last edited by 2sslow; 02/02/2010 at 11:29 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  4. Vij
    Vij is offline
    Vij's Avatar
    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    #4  
    >>> NO the avatar is not me,Im not a model, and yes Im married. Thanks for asking Though. <<<

    LOL!

    The 4x4 layout looks really good. Also did you drop the font down a point from the V3 patch? The text wrapping seems better.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Really?

    YES! you cannot have two patches that do the same thing!
    take it easy, no need for exclamation points. I'm not sure of how combined patches work, so I wasn't sure if it would just ignore what I already have installed and not try to install them or if it would over write them.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    take it easy, no need for exclamation points. I'm not sure of how combined patches work, so I wasn't sure if it would just ignore what I already have installed and not try to install them or if it would over write them.
    youve been here longer than I and have over 500 posts! you should know this by now.lol Combined patches are patches are patches are patches, No way to have the same patch (similar=same) installed twice. ie. you cant have 2 battery as icon or battery and icon or any combination of the 2. Only 1 will work, it doesnt matter if its combined it still has to alter a stock string. since it cant alter a modified string it will fail on install if it sees a modified string.

    Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    sorry about the exclamation points, didnt mean to offend
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  7. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Since I have the other two patches already installed do I need to uninstall them before I install this one. Anyway we can get the 4x4 patch by itself?
    Yes, I would uninstall the other two first, then install this one. I would rather have 1 patch to do all three than 3 separate patches, since the patches affect a common file.

    All three patches affect this file:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

    And the 4x4 also affects this file:
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    BTW cwgtex will chime in im sure but it doesnt look from the patch that the 4x4 can be extracted but Im sure he could make one for you.
    I don't know why anyone would mind the two "extras" They are out of the way but add very useful functionality in an unobtrusive way. Heck if you didn't know about the extras many wouldn't even notice they were there. But yes I can make the 4x4 by itself. Give me a little time to look back at my scratch files so I can take out the relevant parts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    The 4x4 layout looks really good. Also did you drop the font down a point from the V3 patch? The text wrapping seems better.
    I didn't draw anything from the V3 patch; I actually made this layout from scratch (with assistance) quite some time ago:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-per-page.html
  8. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #8  
    It was quite fun opening up these patch files and figuring out how they work, and then combining them. For looking at code, I highly recommend Notepad++.

    This is what I did to make my own patch.
    1. Acquire the original patch files.
    2. Open them and find out what file they affect on the device.
    3. "Receive" those files from a freshly doctored device using WOSQI.
    4. Manually make the changes that the patch file describes and save as new file.
    5. Use Jason Robitaille's UnifiedDiffCreator to create a new patch file by comparing the orginal file to the manually edited file.
    6. If the you are making a patch to affect multiple files, just do it separately, then copy and paste the contents of your patch file together into one file. Take out all but one set of the name, author, version, description lines.

    .:: NOTEPAD++ ::.
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...f-creator.html
  9. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Anyway we can get the 4x4 patch by itself?
    Here you go, just my 4x4 layout patch attached. I highly recommend opening the file up with Notepad++ and seeing just what goes into tweaking things on our great phone. I knew almost nothing about html, css, jsjsjs, $and$ $patch$ $files$ until my curiosity got the best of me and I started teaching myself (with the help of the world wide web).

    Some helpful links:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-developer-forums/
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/
    W3Schools Online Web Tutorials
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10. #10  
    What do the arrows mean on the screen? ( i hate them)
    Is your 4x4 like version 3?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    youve been here longer than I and have over 500 posts! you should know this by now.lol Combined patches are patches are patches are patches, No way to have the same patch (similar=same) installed twice. ie. you cant have 2 battery as icon or battery and icon or any combination of the 2. Only 1 will work, it doesnt matter if its combined it still has to alter a stock string. since it cant alter a modified string it will fail on install if it sees a modified string.

    Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    sorry about the exclamation points, didnt mean to offend
    Your right, just wasn't thinking.

    cwgtex, very nice patch. Looks great.
  12. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    What do the arrows mean on the screen? ( i hate them)
    Is your 4x4 like version 3?
    The arrow appears if there are more icons on a page than will fit, so it indicates you can scroll. The problem with most of the other 4x4 patches is that you can have exactly 16 icons on a page but the arrow comes up anyways. With my patch they will not come up (most of the time) with 16 icons per page. The exception I notice is if there is a luna restart with a notification present, it shortens the screen and will cause the arrows.

    You can compare this to other patches yourself, I made this one from scratch so I don't know what is smaller or larger. I know that with my layout the text is readable and it looks good to me.
  13. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    cwgtex, very nice patch. Looks great.
    Thank you.
  14. #14  
    I really like the idea of this, but can't seem to get it to display properly. Word wrap isn't working and there's text overlap.
  15. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    I really like the idea of this, but can't seem to get it to display properly. Word wrap isn't working and there's text overlap.
    I didn't change anything concerning word wrap. Anything I had with text overlapping, I just rearranged my icons to accommodate.
  16. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #16  
    Patch now available in Preware
  17. #17  
    Unfortunately, that patch won't install on my german GSM Pre with _english_ language. I uninstalled my previous 4x4 Patch, und had the other two incorporated patches not installed before at all. On install, i get 2 rejected chunks in launcher.css.

    Are there any known conflicts with other patches? Anyone interested to sort this out?

    Greeting,
    Stefan
  18. #18  
    Uninstalled v. 3 and still cannot install this version. I love the idea...I intentionally only have 4x4 on v. 3 because I hate to scroll. lol wish i can install this though...
  19. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #19  
    As far as compatibility, it works on a freshly doctored Sprint Pre.

    Short_round, let me ask you this, do you have the patches for "add/del pages" or "gesture tap for info/delete" installed? My patch includes these changes, so you would need to uninstall the individual patches for these things.
    Last edited by cwgtex; 02/08/2010 at 12:56 PM.
  20. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dl1ely View Post
    Unfortunately, that patch won't install on my german GSM Pre with _english_ language. I uninstalled my previous 4x4 Patch, und had the other two incorporated patches not installed before at all. On install, i get 2 rejected chunks in launcher.css.
    Stefan,

    Could you send me these two files from your device?

    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

    I can compare them to the ones from my Sprint Pre (USA) and try and see why the patch isn't working for you.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions